Snow Sports Thread 2019-20

Associate
falling is all part of learning - both good and bad. In some respects, if you're not falling over then you're not really pushing yourself, but I fully relate to the aprehension from not wanting to do something in case of a fall. (and as we all get older, it just hurts more and for longer...). I'm the same, I'd guess nearly 10 years ago I was pushing myself on the park toys and ended up in A&E a couple times as a result. These days, while I know I "should" be able to do this or that, I tend to avoid... Jumps are the same, through time I seem to get less and less adventurous/confident with spins & grabs.

All the best with it, and just have fun

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

As a family we're in Ruka, Finland for a week over Christmas - got the usual northern lights by sleigh / husky sled ride / ice karting excursions booked. Will be my wife and kids first snowboarding holiday, super looking forward to this one.

Then I'm off with a few friends in last week of Feb to Sestriere and last week of March to Whistler.

How old are you???? 65? 70?

Lol no not quite, but 49
When you consider my last pair I bought age 18 ;)
I only ski 1 or 2 weeks per year, and did have a gap when I didn't ski, so they have done probably 25-30 weeks skiing.
I doubt I will do more than 20 more weeks before I call it a day and spend more time on caribbean holidays ;)

Soldato
Have a week in Mayrhofen at the end of January and 4 days in Courchevel booked for March. Hoping to add one more but note sure where yet.

Have just managed to fit in a week in Italy. :) It means flying home from Austria on a Friday and then leaving for Italy on the Sunday but can't complain!

Soldato
I've just refreshed my Burton collection with new board, step on bindings and boots. Not going until February but will have to scratch the itch up at mk before then :D

Soldato
I've just refreshed my Burton collection with new board, step on bindings and boots. Not going until February but will have to scratch the itch up at mk before then :D
Good choice, got ours last year and do not regret it one bit. You will massively notice the difference at the end of a session where you haven’t had to constantly bend down to strap in. MK is our local dome and we spent an hour there every week for months before we went last year.

Caporegime
Just bought a set of Enforcer 93's as a general day to day ski. I did consider the QST 92's but decided on the Enforcers mostly due to price. They'll match my Enforcer 110's too!

This weekend is the start of the ski season here. The cold autumn has meant resorts have been making snow for the last few weeks. Nothing special yet, just a small resort with one run. The main opening are going to be the second week of November. Hopefully it's a nice wet season again this year, not too cold!

Soldato
OP

I was really tempted to buy a set just couldn't bring myself to splash the cash!

be interested to know your thoughts on them once ridden

Soldato
I'm hoping to have my first foray in to the world of snowsports in early January - it's only a hope at the moment, as we've got 3 days in Fort William, and if the snow settles enough on Ben Nevis then we'll head there for a couple of days on the slopes, if not it's just scenic walks and pubs!

My partner has snowboarded many times, but I'll be a pure beginner and am just hoping I'm not a complete flop! My build isn't exactly best suited to skiing, but I have faith in my ability :p I think I'll be skiing as opposed to boarding - can't wait!

Soldato
I need to decide if I’m going to go to Bansko again with my workmates in March. It was my first snow sport experience and I enjoyed it, but having since skied in Austria... it’s a bit like going from a Dacia to a Ferrari and back again. I know it’s cheap, but the one gondola up the mountain was always heaving and the queues horrific unless you had a fast-track pass (or bribed the Bulgarian mafia security).

The alternative is going somewhere on my own...

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

It's a bit chilly (only - 6c at the top due to temp inversion) but it's awesome

h8Y1pkI_d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom