• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

2060 Super or RX 5700 XT

Associate
OP
@Panos , Okay I've done the setting you've suggested. Except on 'Max' where i couldn't choose 1044mV, and had to do 1045mV.

Is there a way of testing it's stability?

Associate
@Alan1969 Just to let you know, when I added my 2nd code to my AMD Account, that I got with my 5700XT
choice of Borderlands 3 or Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Breakpoint*, plus get 3 months of Xbox Game Pass for PC,

you get 2 credits to redeem on AMD, I went for Borderlands 3 = 1 credit & at to choose the Device addon for the game =1 credit.
I did not get the 3 months of Xbox Game Pass for PC,
I guess due to already having it in my AMD account from my Ryzen CPU purchase

I might send AMD a message see what they say.

if you choose Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Breakpoint that take 2 credits to purchase
I would normally try immediately but my pc is dismantled at the moment.

Associate
OP
@Panos Those settings didn't work. I keep bsod-ing.

Even without those manual settings this seems to be very dodgy on my system, it doesn't remember my second display settings and keeps reverting back to 640x480 resolution. Programmes keep stopping responding too which hasn't happened previously. Battlefield 5 doesn't open at all now which is really annoying. I don't know what's going wrong

Soldato
@Panos , Okay I've done the setting you've suggested. Except on 'Max' where i couldn't choose 1044mV, and had to do 1045mV.

Is there a way of testing it's stability?

Benchmarks and WOT.

@Panos Those settings didn't work. I keep bsod-ing.

Even without those manual settings this seems to be very dodgy on my system, it doesn't remember my second display settings and keeps reverting back to 640x480 resolution. Programmes keep stopping responding too which hasn't happened previously. Battlefield 5 doesn't open at all now which is really annoying. I don't know what's going wrong

I use 1 monitor only getting over 9000 on TimeSpy and is thoroughly tested 2 1/2 months now. I have the AE which is better binned chip. Raise the power to 1.1mv and see how it goes from there by lowering it
Leave at first the VRAM at default speed to eliminate any errors from that.

Associate
OP
I use 1 monitor only getting over 9000 on TimeSpy and is thoroughly tested 2 1/2 months now. I have the AE which is better binned chip. Raise the power to 1.1mv and see how it goes from there by lowering it
Leave at first the VRAM at default speed to eliminate any errors from that.

I may have found the issue. It seems I was using an experimental driver rather than the recommended. I'm going to see if there's any further issues tomorrow then will try again with the undervolting to the method you said.
Is that raising to 1.1mV at 'Max'?

Thanks!

Soldato
I may have found the issue. It seems I was using an experimental driver rather than the recommended. I'm going to see if there's any further issues tomorrow then will try again with the undervolting to the method you said.
Is that raising to 1.1mV at 'Max'?

Thanks!

LOL 1.1mv lolol :D my fault for the typo

Reset the setting and see what's your default max one.

Soldato
Outer worlds by the way is on the windows 10 game store, its 1 of over 140 games that on the game pass
so you got 3 months to play as many of the 140 games you want :)

Thank you a bunch for saying that. Didn't know that. I was a bit bummed that I missed the promotion because i bought just before this new bundle went live but i did get the 3 month xbox game pass. Again cheers for bringing this to light.

Soldato
What do ya reckon @Panos?
2020Mhz/1200mv currently yes?

Depends what you want I would give you a series of max settings to test for reference model.

1900Mhz, 995mv, 3% PL (dead silent)
2050Mh, 1125mv, 0% PL 35% fan speed (raise slowly to 1170mv if you have stability, if still cannot do it at 1170 abort this)
1950Mhz, 1044mv 0% PL stock fan speed is what I use with 890Mhz vram
2020Mhz, 1134mV 0% PL
1900Mhz, 962mv 0% PL
1850Mhz, 1000mv 0%PL

Let us know whats good or bad to your GPU :)

Associate
OP
Perfect, thank you! I've set it up how you have suggested, not changing the 'med' information, only the max. Let's see if it works this time with this correct driver :D

Didn't know TimeSpy was a paid software, so I'll try and find a free one somewhere

Associate
OP
Okay, done a few Time Spy tests. Downloaded the basic version for free.

Standard settings got a graphics score of: 8658
"1950Mhz, 1044mv 0% PL stock fan speed is what I use with 890Mhz vram" got a score of: 8902 And a few degrees cooler too.
"2020mhz 1134mv" Got a score of 8700 ish.

When playing Ghost Recon Breakpoint with your settings above though, I had some occasions where there were severe drops in FPS, down to 28 in some cases, so not sure what's going on there
Would you say yours is the best option in your list or are any of the others best to push for?

Appreciate all your guidance in this so far, as always :)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
@Panos Seems your settings are working the best for me looking at the above. Should I be increasing the average setting or just changing the max like you suggested? :)

Back
Top Bottom