• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

2060 Super or RX 5700 XT

Soldato
@Panos Seems your settings are working the best for me looking at the above. Should I be increasing the average setting or just changing the max like you suggested? :)

Don't change the minimum, you can raise a bit the maximum to half way between the bend is had now and a straight line. I have no idea your resolution to respond to minimum 28 nor the game.
Also surprisingly give a try to the following.
Open Adrenaline -> Display -> Specs (top right corner) -> Override -> (press Accept) -> Adjust Voltage Swing 1 & Adjust PreEmphasis 2.

Let me know how it goes.

Associate
OP
Ooh that sounds complicated okay I'll try that when I can. For the first part, am I changing the max to create a straight line, or the medium point to create a straight line?

Associate
OP
No idea what those Adrenaline settings did, but they put the score up by 30 ish to 8939. Getting close to 9000! What did it change?
For ref, i'm only at 1080p :)

Might not go any further than that? i'm getting into territory where I have absolutely no idea what's going on hahah

Associate
OP
Reduce the power to the GPU :D
I know until 2 years ago, we were all like Clarkson "MORE POWERRRRRRR". That's not the case with AMD since Vega :D

Ah gotcha, any idea by how much to? Is it essentially until TimeSpy crashed the PC?
I feel like going full Clarkson on my PC would break it within 5 minutes hahah

Associate
OP
Go back a page to post number 74 and read the following few posts :)

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/33079300/
Had a little test earlier, and a little panic too. I tested around 1040-1020mV range. I seemed to get a highest 8950 score around 1038mV (which I then failed to get again). I started to try and go a bit lower with a load of fails, then tried to go back to 1038, during this test the screen went green and properly spazzed out. At this point I got scared and wussed back to your settings again :D

Soldato
@Panos ,. your settings are suddenly blue screening my PC. And default settings are crashing my games. I don't know what to do :(

Use DDU in windows safe mode and the latest 19.10.2 drivers. Make sure on DDU that you set it to stop windows installing drivers automatically just in case.
I didn't had issues tbh.

What's your PSU?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
It's a Seasonic 550W Gold.

I've just tried the top one you suggested, with the 3% PL. Which seems to be working well currently, no crashes to report. I'll try DDU if I have issues.

Thanks!

Soldato
@Panos pc crashed during DDU restart. What is going on! I never had these issues before this

Blue screens are CPU/RAM/PSU or some OS are issue and not GPU. And if the system crashed during DDU restart then any of the other components but graphic card is the culprit.

Do you run the system overclocked on the other parts? What CPU/Mobo?
How old is your windows installation?

550W PSU is small trying to run 5700XT and overclocking something like an Intel 8600K or bigger.

Associate
OP
@Panos No overclocking done at all. CPU is a R7 2700. Have installed the newestr driver and underclocked again 1850mhz 1000mV. We'll see what happens here. Outer Worlds running well currently
Windows installation a year old? I've always had a few issues with running the ram at the correct speeds on my motherboard, but this wasn't a RAM blue screen error. It said Something_Driver_Something. Very odd!

I'll see what's going to happen now :)

Back
Top Bottom