Spec me a CCTV System

Associate
Can you let us know if it's a genuine uk product? And how it performs at night?

https://www.use-ip.co.uk/forum/thre...s-genuine-or-a-chinese-grey-import-model.767/

Can confirm it is a genuine UK product. WR in the serial number and proper Hik box etc. Still setting it up but regards night viewing the quality is incredible even without the supplemental lighting.

I have swapped this out for one of my old DS-2CD2332-I 2.8mm and looks like i'll be replacing all my cameras with these new colorvu's.

Soldato
Can confirm it is a genuine UK product. WR in the serial number and proper Hik box etc. Still setting it up but regards night viewing the quality is incredible even without the supplemental lighting.

I have swapped this out for one of my old DS-2CD2332-I 2.8mm and looks like i'll be replacing all my cameras with these new colorvu's.

Great! Thanks for confirming. I feel a purchase is required.

Associate
Great! Thanks for confirming. I feel a purchase is required.

There are areas where it is pointing which when you look with a naked eye are in pitch darkness but the camera shows all the detail in day mode.

The only slight issue i have had is this unit is slightly taller than the one it replaced which was fixed to the soffit above the garage door. It clashed with the door opening/closing so had to move it to the side of the door.

Have already ordered another one.

Last edited:
Associate
For those who have bought the DS-2CD2347G1-L - which nvr are you using these with?

Wondering if it will be compatible with a 2015 7616-E2-NI. I believe both camera and nvr support h264+, but not sure if the old firmware (3.3.0?) will be an issue?

Soldato
Mine are connected to the DS-7616NI-K2 / 16P.

Don’t bother with the h264+ or h265+. Too many problems arise imo with various cams when using the +.

Just remember, the colourVu cams use a lot more storage when recording. I haven’t checked with mine but a review I read months ago stated a shocking increase over Darkfighter cams.

Just enabled the audio on these cams. Great addition. Might have to purchase the bullet version for a test. Led placement might help with the washout I get at short distances with these turrets.

Associate
For those who have bought the DS-2CD2347G1-L - which nvr are you using these with?

Wondering if it will be compatible with a 2015 7616-E2-NI. I believe both camera and nvr support h264+, but not sure if the old firmware (3.3.0?) will be an issue?

Any reason for not updating the firmware? the notes for that one say its from 2015.

think this is the one

http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/?dir=portal/Technical Materials/02 NVR/00 Product Firmware/07 E-series/[7600NI-E1(E2) 7700NI-E4]

Soldato
How do the NVR's work? If I have a 2TB hard drive, Does it just keep filling then over writing the oldest files once full?
Can they be set just to record with motion?

Associate
According to the data sheet there is a 2.8mm but the 4mm is already a wide field of view
https://www.hikvision.com/en/Produc...syIP-4.0-Series/4MP-ColorVu/DS-2CD2347G1-L(U)

What 7608 nvr? E,K or I series? should work with all of them with latest firmware being only 4mp

I have the DS-7608NI-K2/8P NVR.
I have a 2.8mm covering my entire drive and front door so would have wanted another 2.8mm for that coverage.
I'm not sure the 4mm works for me there as may miss the front door but the 4mm can certainly work for the one placed higher up. Shame the mic isn't two way otherwise could work for telling delivery driver to leave parcel neighbour etc.

Associate
Any reason for not updating the firmware? the notes for that one say its from 2015.

think this is the one

http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/?dir=portal/Technical Materials/02 NVR/00 Product Firmware/07 E-series/[7600NI-E1(E2) 7700NI-E4]

I bought from AE many years ago - at that time, I did not even realise there was a region difference in hikvision cameras.

Whilst my NVR is the "international" version, I think my cameras are chinese versions with hacked english firmware, so I'm concerned that updating any of the firmwares (camera or NVR) may stop them working. All of my cameras are accessible only via a VPN, so the security flaws do not concern me.

I recently added a ds-2cd2542fwd-is mini dome camera, which worked fine.

This thread shows the differences between the E2, K2 and I2 nvrs. The main being that the E series does not support H265: https://www.use-ip.co.uk/forum/threads/hikvisions-new-k-series-nvrs.862/

My main concern is that I read unsubstantiated posts on various forums that the newer cameras may be incompatible with older firmware - but no details as to why.

Associate
I bought from AE many years ago - at that time, I did not even realise there was a region difference in hikvision cameras.

Whilst my NVR is the "international" version, I think my cameras are chinese versions with hacked english firmware, so I'm concerned that updating any of the firmwares (camera or NVR) may stop them working. All of my cameras are accessible only via a VPN, so the security flaws do not concern me.

I recently added a ds-2cd2542fwd-is mini dome camera, which worked fine.

This thread shows the differences between the E2, K2 and I2 nvrs. The main being that the E series does not support H265: https://www.use-ip.co.uk/forum/threads/hikvisions-new-k-series-nvrs.862/

My main concern is that I read unsubstantiated posts on various forums that the newer cameras may be incompatible with older firmware - but no details as to why.

I had an e1 series up until recently and that supported h265 100% with the latest firmware.
I also had 4x chinese 2332 turrets i updated the nvr to latest firmware and everything still worked fine

Associate
I have the DS-7608NI-K2/8P NVR.
I have a 2.8mm covering my entire drive and front door so would have wanted another 2.8mm for that coverage.
I'm not sure the 4mm works for me there as may miss the front door but the 4mm can certainly work for the one placed higher up. Shame the mic isn't two way otherwise could work for telling delivery driver to leave parcel neighbour etc.

What 2.8mm cameras do you have though? Its the field of view you need to look at, the 4mm in colorvu has a 94 degree fov but my old 2.8mm 2332 turrets had a 80 degree fov at 2mp

Associate
I had an e1 series up until recently and that supported h265 100% with the latest firmware.
I also had 4x chinese 2332 turrets i updated the nvr to latest firmware and everything still worked fine

Ah interesting. I didn't realise a firmware update could allow h265 to be used - I'll investigate that.

I'm reluctant to mess with the firmware in case my existing 9 cameras stop working. I'm fairly certain the DS-2CD2347G1-LU should work being only a 4MP camera and support h264.

Back
Top Bottom