AORUS AD27QD

Soldato
Yeah I get that. It's the same with any tech, as soon as you buy you're buying something that will eventually be dated or replaced.

My only slight annoyance with the AD27QD is the uniformity. Using Wordpress quite a bit as a developers the grey background has a horrible uniformity.

Problem is, I don't think I'd ever get something that totally uniform.
Yeah that more a panel thing then anything else. We will have to wait and see what the microleds bring to the table and how they will be cut up into smaller panels. From what I recall reading years ago that uniformity that you speak of is a direct result of how the panel is applied to the frame. I recall reading/watching someone pulling the bezel just below the actual panel and the uniformity of the panel was perfect.

Associate
Yeah that more a panel thing then anything else. We will have to wait and see what the microleds bring to the table and how they will be cut up into smaller panels. From what I recall reading years ago that uniformity that you speak of is a direct result of how the panel is applied to the frame. I recall reading/watching someone pulling the bezel just below the actual panel and the uniformity of the panel was perfect.

Just annoying when I use the old Dell 2515H which cost me around £250 3 years ago.

Forked out £535 for something that should be superior. Whilst it is in a way, the uniformity just irritates me.

Soldato
Just annoying when I use the old Dell 2515H which cost me around £250 3 years ago.

Forked out £535 for something that should be superior. Whilst it is in a way, the uniformity just irritates me.
have you tried it though? Separating the bezel from the screen itself in the area where you see the uniformity issue?
To be honest I have no idea how to do it safely.

Associate
have you tried it though? Separating the bezel from the screen itself in the area where you see the uniformity issue?
To be honest I have no idea how to do it safely.

Thing is if you look down at the bottom bezel, the strip along the bottom edge where the AORUS badge is. There's gaps that are bigger than in other places.

Suppose you could try a credit card? Not sure how safe this even is?

Also seen about the rubbing method with a glasses cleaning cloth. Not sure if that would even do anything!

Caporegime
@GIGA-Man

Hi there mate, was wondering if there was anyway I could source a replacement aorus badge for my AD27QD. My one has fell off and I don’t fancy using glue to stick it back on. I’ve tried contacting gigabyte twice now, but with no answer. I would have thought there are plenty of those sticky badges spare in case of things like this. The monitor looks wrong without it :(

Associate
Think I've finally nailed a calibration I'm happy with!

Uniformity isn't great on grey, but looks a lot better on white.

Hopefully we'll see a newer firmware drop soon. I've noticed that some of the older ones have been removed from the download page

Soldato
Think I've finally nailed a calibration I'm happy with!

Uniformity isn't great on grey, but looks a lot better on white.

Hopefully we'll see a newer firmware drop soon. I've noticed that some of the older ones have been removed from the download page

Doubtful now that the monitor had been discontinued. Quite odd that it was only on sale a few months.

Soldato
It hasn't been discontinued?

New FW released yesterday. (FYI @EastCoastHandle)

F09
Update include:
1. Adjusted the behavior between follow options : Aim Stabilizer, Overdrive and Freesync

It’s been discontinued, they aren’t making any more. Will probably still appear at a few retailers with old stock for a few months, as it will be hard to sell the old model when the newer 165hz, hb3 versions are available.

Associate
It’s been discontinued, they aren’t making any more. Will probably still appear at a few retailers with old stock for a few months, as it will be hard to sell the old model when the newer 165hz, hb3 versions are available.

But the newer models are apparently £100/£150 more than the AD27QD.

I think they'll continue to sell them both, you know, just to confuse things even more

Soldato
There’s really no difference between those two monitors other than 25Hz, which is unnoticeable in real world terms.

Err, yes there is? The P model supports dp1.4 hbr3, which allows 165hz, 10bit colour and hdr at the same time.

I get your upset, I would be too, though best to stick to the truth rather than pretend the P model is identical to the old model.

Back
Top Bottom