AORUS AD27QD

Soldato
Guys, am I right in thinking that using HDR on this monitor restricts you to 60Hz and 120Hz?

There are no refresh rate restrictions when using HDR. In fact you can use HDR with Adaptive-Sync at any refresh rate supported. The monitor is restricted to an 8-bit rather than 10-bit signal for HDR at 144Hz, but the GPU will add a dithering stage that works very effectively. The HDR on this monitor is fairly lacklustre though, especially on an Nvidia GPU. Don't get too excited about that feature.

Soldato
Got myself a AD27QD hopefully this coming Saturday. Did I make the wrong choice of not waiting for LG IPS or the other ones??

Yep, I've got one. I really like it.

Anyone else have this monitor?
Using it.

Can't see any major visible changes.

Recalibrated (because it had obviously reset everything in the OSD) and it's thrown up different/better results but that maybe totally coincidental?

forgot to post this up on a seperate thread but seems Gigabyte is doing zero bright dot policy

ERO BRIGHT DOT POLICY
AORUS guarantees zero bright dot within one year of original purchase. LEARN MORE

@GIGA-Man might be able to shed more details but think wording is dead pixels

Soldato
Stumbled across this yesterday actually.

Sounds like one dead/dodgy pixel means you can RMA it. Has to be the first year of the warranty though, I think?

sounds like it, think Under EU laws or something vendors/resellers could get away with like 20+ dead ones on 1440p - higher the res, more needs to be dead. OCUK is pretty good but most arent

Back
Top Bottom