AORUS AD27QD

Soldato
Relieved that my new 2070 super is playing nice with regards to g-sync compatibility. Refresh rate matching FPS nicely.
Are you able to use your phone (as I don't thinkg the monitor OSD is picked up on screen recording) and show a video in game by pushing the power button to bring up the menu: Game Assist > Arous Info > Refresh Rate > On
Along with MSI AB OSD?

I like to make sure what you see is what I'm seeing.

Caporegime
Are you able to use your phone (as I don't thinkg the monitor OSD is picked up on screen recording) and show a video in game by pushing the power button to bring up the menu: Game Assist > Arous Info > Refresh Rate > On
Along with MSI AB OSD?

I like to make sure what you see is what I'm seeing.

OK, I did a quick vid today of a Gears 5 bench. Sorry about the dodgy camera work, hopefully you can see the refresh rate OSD ok.

Associate
I think any manufacture or supplier who replace for 1 dead pixel are offering execellent customer service.

Having purchased a 1440p monitor from some where else and not their checking returns policy regarding dead pixels, my monitor arrived with finger prints on the screen (WTF) and a dead pixel in the the top right corner. And then checking their returns policy they are allowed 16 pixels (again WTF) so I must be lucky, image getting a monitor with 15 dead pixels.

I would not have order from them if had read their terms before.

Associate
The dead pixel service does seem excellent. I'm tempted by the AD27QD, especially with the low supply of the LG monitors in the UK and EU. Only thing is if they are releasing a refresh/update to the monitor is it worth waiting for the FI27Q's to become available?

@GIGA-Man Man Do you know when the FI27Q or FI27Q-P will be available in the UK? There is a listing currently to pre-order the FI27Q on overclockers, but no date as of yet.

Edit/ fixed link

Last edited:
Associate
The dead pixel service does seem excellent. I'm tempted by the AD27QD, especially with the low supply of the LG monitors in the UK and EU. Only thing is if they are releasing a refresh/update to the monitor is it worth waiting for the FI27Q's to become available?

@GIGA-Man Man Do you know when the FI27Q or FI27Q-P will be available in the UK? There is a listing currently to pre-order the FI27Q on overclockers, but no date as of yet.

Edit/ fixed link

FI27Q is the same but with 165hz
FI27Q-P is the same but with 165hz and DisplayPort 1.4 (10bit at higher refresh rate)

I think?

Pretty sure Gigabyte said end of October - ish.

Soldato
@superleeds27

That's cool and all but I still like this AD27QD though.
Sometimes I game at 120hz and other times 144hz. I just don't see the benefit for anything else right now.

Lets say you get the FI27Q/P and you now have a 165hz cap. You would need a super top end video card and cpu just to maintain 165fps, even at 1080p (highest settings).
The way I see it, we just don't have the mainstream hardware that is capable of doing that yet. Once we do then I could see 165Hz monitor being a viable solution.

I'm sure it's good to have 165hz and you could just use 120hz or 144hz in the meantime. But still...

Associate
whats the diference for the model FI27Q-EK?

FI27Q is the same but with 165hz
FI27Q-P is the same but with 165hz and DisplayPort 1.4 (10bit at higher refresh rate)

FI27Q-EK ??

Associate
@superleeds27

That's cool and all but I still like this AD27QD though.
Sometimes I game at 120hz and other times 144hz. I just don't see the benefit for anything else right now.

Lets say you get the FI27Q/P and you now have a 165hz cap. You would need a super top end video card and cpu just to maintain 165fps, even at 1080p (highest settings).
The way I see it, we just don't have the mainstream hardware that is capable of doing that yet. Once we do then I could see 165Hz monitor being a viable solution.

I'm sure it's good to have 165hz and you could just use 120hz or 144hz in the meantime. But still...

Yeah I get that. It's the same with any tech, as soon as you buy you're buying something that will eventually be dated or replaced.

My only slight annoyance with the AD27QD is the uniformity. Using Wordpress quite a bit as a developers the grey background has a horrible uniformity.

Problem is, I don't think I'd ever get something that totally uniform.

Back
Top Bottom