• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Is "Freesync" dead?

Soldato
The user benchmark I linked was to a 8600k vs 2600, I only said it would trade blows with a 3600 which as I said is 21 months newer, its like comparing a 3 year old car to a new car, improvements are bout to have been made.

Like I said, you made a comparison between the 8600K and the 2600 and 3600. Now its been shown that BOTH offer better price/performance contrary to what you claimed, suddenly the comparisons aren't valid...

:)

You were comparing a CPU that still costs much more than either Ryzen chip even though its 3 years old by the way...

;)

You're all over the place fella!

As TNA mentioned Intel have innovated as little as possible while increasing prices, they've allowed performance to virtually stagnate, or increase exponetially slower than they've have increased their prices, this has been going on for at least a decade and people still defend them! They've done exactly what Nrobbia have done at the top end, peerformance increased by 5%-10% while doubling the price from 1080ti to 2080ti...i'll never understand these tech white knights as long as I live.

:D

Associate
Like I said, you made a comparison between the 8600K and the 2600 and 3600. Now its been shown that BOTH offer better price/performance contrary to what you claimed, suddenly the comparisons aren't valid...

:)

You were comparing a CPU that still costs much more than either Ryzen chip even though its 3 years old by the way...

;)

You're all over the place fella!

As TNA mentioned Intel have innovated as little as possible while increasing prices, they've allowed performance to virtually stagnate, or increase exponetially slower than they've have increased their prices, this has been going on for at least a decade and people still defend them! They've done exactly what Nrobbia have done at the top end, peerformance increased by 5%-10% while doubling the price from 1080ti to 2080ti...i'll never understand these tech white knights as long as I live.

We're just going around in circles.

The facts are is the 8600k is a superior chip to a Ryzen 2600 in gaming scenarios despite it costing slightly more.

Sure if you want to save yourself Abit of money AMD is the way to go, but I for one am a computer enthusiast and if it costs £50-£100 more for a 20% increase in benchmarks I'll go down that route.

OP - sorry to derail your thread nice post!

Soldato
We're just going around in circles.

The facts are is the 8600k is a superior chip to a Ryzen 2600 in gaming scenarios despite it costing slightly more.

Sure if you want to save yourself Abit of money AMD is the way to go, but I for one am a computer enthusiast and if it costs £50-£100 more for a 20% increase in benchmarks I'll go down that route.

OP - sorry to derail your thread nice post!

It's you that's going around in cricles!

Then you should buy AMD and get the same performance cheaper! that's the point!

You started out saying that NV offered superior performance, when it was proven that it doesn't, you said the comparisons you made weren't valid, now you're back to square one saying you buy NV because you get better performace, which it's been proven via your own original comparisons that you don't!

If you prefer Intel that's fine, we're all influenced by branding, and brand loyalty for different reasons. I know for a fact I've always shopped at Sainsbury's in some small part because I much prefer their branding and palette to the other major supermarkets.

Soldato
Nvidia is barking up the wrong tree here.
Monitors aren't a "hot commodity" as being implied.
And it takes having a whole lot of features to entice someone.
Typically, from my experience helping others, they don't consider replacing a monitor unless the one they have goes bad.

You would have to bring a better monitor to their home PC and actually show them in order for them to know that:
-IQ can be better
-144Hz is better then 60hz (if they have the hardware to support 144fps)
-Larger screen is better
-Higher resolution is better then 1080p
-Lower input lag can improve game immersion
-etc

Anything short of that and most who have 3+ year old monitors simply won't even think about replacing it.

Associate
It's you that's going around in cricles!

You started out saying that NV offered superior performance, when it was proven that it doesn't, you said the comparisons you made weren't valid, now you're back to square one saying you buy NV because you get better performace, which it's been proven via your own original comparisons that you don't!

If you prefer Intel that's fine, we're all influenced by branding, and brand loyalty for different reasons. I know for a fact I've always shopped at Sainsbury's in some small part because I much prefer their branding and palette to the other major supermarkets.

The 2600 isn't the same performance as a 8600k!

Here's the benchmarks ;

https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwrevie...eview-stream-benchmarks-gaming-blender/page-3

I never said that Nvidia offered superior performance I said that they are a superior brand, there's a difference.

Soldato
The 2600 isn't the same performance as a 8600k!

Here's the benchmarks ;

https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwrevie...eview-stream-benchmarks-gaming-blender/page-3

I never said that Nvidia offered superior performance I said that they are a superior brand, there's a difference.

:rolleyes:

No-one ever said the 2600 had the same performance as the 8600K...unbeleivable...

I proved the 2600 offered better PRICE/PERFORMANCE, do you even read what I post?

Why is Nvidia a superior brand, because they're more expensive? Poorer image quality, poorly implemented gimmicky tech, poor price/performance, and gimped drivers ensuring people upgrade faster than they need to, oh on top of bribing and threatening tech journo's to give positive reviews or face not having any cards to review...

Nvidia are a scumbag corporation who are rank alongside, Google, Facebook, EA and Activision amongst others as the absolute worst of corporate greed and anti-consumer practices.

Associate
:rolleyes:

No-one ever said the 2600 had the same performance as the 8600K...unbeleivable...

I proved the 2600 offered better PRICE/PERFORMANCE, do you even read what I post?

Why is Nvidia a superior brand, because they're more expensive? Poorer image quality, poorly implemented gimmicky tech, poor price/performance, and gimped drivers ensuring people upgrade faster than they need to, oh on top of bribing and threatening tech journo's to give positive reviews or face not having any cards to review...

Nvidia are a scumbag corporation who are rank alongside, Google, Facebook, EA and Activision amongst others as the absolute worst of corporate greed and anti-consumer practices.

You said it yourself that the 2600 was the same performance, here's your statement that you posted...

:confused:

Nvidia = Superior brand because ;

Stock market value ; 118.27B

AMD = Less superior brand because ;

Stock market value ; 33.45B.

So if you were to outright buy either AMD or Nvidia, Nvidia would be worth more, in fact much more.They are worth 3.5 times more in fact.

As for Nvidia being scum, well that is your opinion.

Soldato
You said it yourself that the 2600 was the same performance, here's your statement that you posted...

:confused:

Nvidia = Superior brand because ;

Stock market value ; 118.27B

AMD = Less superior brand because ;

Stock market value ; 33.45B.

So if you were to outright buy either AMD or Nvidia, Nvidia would be worth more, in fact much more.They are worth 3.5 times more in fact.

As for Nvidia being scum, well that is your opinion.

AMD do give better price/performance...that's not the same as saying that 2600 performs as well as a 8600k because it doesn't, and I never said it did!

Here's the evidence re: 2600 etc, try and take note of it this time.

And what is your point? I'm mystified, if we accept that the 8600K is 20% faster in performance, then it's still a terrible purchase alongside either a 2600 or 3600...

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/inte...ocket-lga1151-processor-retail-cp-63t-in.html

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/amd-...hz-socket-am4-processor-retail-cp-3af-am.html - 2600 46% cheaper...

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/amd-...hz-socket-am4-processor-retail-cp-3b9-am.html -3600 33% cheaper...

I'll add this, by your own comparison, the 2600 performed 20% worse, the 3600 and 8600K are almost indentical. Hopefully this time you can join the dots.

I think that that only evidence to support Nvidia as a "superior brand" you can come up with is from the stock market which means zero to the consumer says it all.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
AMD do give better price/performance...that's not the same as saying that 2600 performs as well as a 8600k because it doesn't, and I never said it did!

And what is your point? I'm mystified, if we accept that the 8600K is 20% faster in performance, then it's still a terrible purchase alongside either a 2600 or 3600...

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/inte...ocket-lga1151-processor-retail-cp-63t-in.html

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/amd-...hz-socket-am4-processor-retail-cp-3af-am.html - 2600 46% cheaper...

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/amd-...hz-socket-am4-processor-retail-cp-3b9-am.html -3600 33% cheaper...

I'll add this, by your own comparison, the 2600 performed 20% worse, the 3600 and 8600K are almost indentical. Hopefully this time you can join the dots.

I think that that only evidence to support Nvidia as a "superior brand" you can come up with is from the stock market which means zero to the consumer says it all.
Too aggressive my young padawan. You will never convince him of anything taking that tack :p

End of the day you have to accept it, everyone is different. Some people are loyal to certain brands etc. I personally have no such loyalty to any company as they are not loyal to me either. I am loyal to my pocket :D

Associate
Too aggressive my young padawan. You will never convince him of anything taking that tack :p

End of the day you have to accept it, everyone is different. Some people are loyal to certain brands etc. I personally have no such loyalty to any company as they are not loyal to me either. I am loyal to my pocket :D

He said the 2600 is the same performance as a 8600k which is just not true, I told him the truth so that people are not swayed by his wrong advice.

Soldato
He said the 2600 is the same performance as a 8600k which is just not true, I told him the truth so that people are not swayed by his wrong advice.

No I didn't but you keep on making garbage up. Even when the evidence that I did no such thing is presented to you several times, you'd still rather ignore it and carry on with your 'alternative facts' as you've totally lost the argument.

I'll try one more time just see if it will sink in...or whether you prefer to ignore the truth yet again!

Here's what I said:

I should have known you had a problem with facts when you decided your own comparisons were no longer valid after someone with a clue (that's moi just in case you wondering) used them to prove you wrong.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom