** World of Warcraft : Shadowlands **

Associate
Cinematic trailer released yesterday :

New features :

Epic edition hearth animation (New pricing structure for the initial purchase) :

What does everyone think?

Overall, i'm slightly confused as to how Sylvanas has the power to take down the Lich King, unless she made some sort of bargain with another dark force to convey power?

Soldato
I quit part way through Legion, and prior to that I hadn't played since the end of Cata.

BFA had no interest for me whatsoever, I'm not sure about Shadowlands just yet but I'll keep an eye on it.

There's some glaring issues that carried into BFA from Legion that I'd need to see fixed before considering a return to modern WoW either way.

Soldato
Ion did explain during the deep dive that Sylvanas had gained power from the shadow realm as she is able to see both sides.

Got me interested specially the alt friendly aspect of the expansion. Play though once and then you can pick and choose to play how over you want. 1-10 is entirely new, 10-50 can be played through any of the previous expansions, with 50-60 being shadow lands.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Not played since Legion, very casual player. Do we think BFA will drop in price thanks to the announcement. Really fancied playing a few hours here and there but not for £40 (£20 on CD keys) plus sub. Will shadowlands cover all previous expansions or does it not work like that? (I think Legion gave me MoP for free or something).

I fancy a casual play through but taking in more lore. Now I'm older and materurer I feel I could likelty enjoy that aspect of WoW more.

Soldato
I fancy a casual play through but taking in more lore. Now I'm older and materurer I feel I could likelty enjoy that aspect of WoW more.
I've levelled a few characters entirely in the overland, just via questing whilst taking in the lore of the different zones. Very enjoyable.

Associate
Not played since Legion, very casual player. Do we think BFA will drop in price thanks to the announcement. Really fancied playing a few hours here and there but not for £40 (£20 on CD keys) plus sub. Will shadowlands cover all previous expansions or does it not work like that? (I think Legion gave me MoP for free or something).

BFA has been reduced by 40% for months up until a couple of weeks ago, the chances of you seeing another reduction soon are pretty slim. If it goes the way everyone is expecting then purchasing SL will give you everything below it, but blizz have not confirmed that yet.

Associate
OP
Ion did explain during the deep dive that Sylvanas had gained power from the shadow realm as she is able to see both sides.

Got me interested specially the alt friendly aspect of the expansion. Play though once and then you can pick and choose to play how over you want. 1-10 is entirely new, 10-50 can be played through any of the previous expansions, with 50-60 being shadow lands.

Just reading the deep-dives over on MMOC , level squish then, wonder how that'll play out.

Last edited:

Dup

Dup

Soldato
BFA has been reduced by 40% for months up until a couple of weeks ago, the chances of you seeing another reduction soon are pretty slim. If it goes the way everyone is expecting then purchasing SL will give you everything below it, but blizz have not confirmed that yet.

I might wait to see what they say, Shadowlands is cheaper than BFA, officially at least.

Sawe a graphic that showed the level cap drop to 60. Shadowlands is 50-60, 10-50 you can choose to level in any expansion you wish and 1-10 is set to get revamped. Everything scales to your character. Sounds good to me :)

Permabanned
I felt depressed after watching this it changes nothing Classic is miles better and that is it? Ok i get that me playing Classic makes them money but its an embarrassment to them lol.

They need to gut retail or work on more Classic content even if Classic only got a new raid, Arena Seasons, Resilience and maybe a +5 new max level i am ok with that. It looks fantastic also they both lool good but Shadowlands looks too much like Diablo ot feels nothing like the old Efl Orc and Human war to me. :(

Associate

Might be better off playing Classic for the leveling experience and better lore, you only have to pay the sub too, no game/expansion cost.

Associate
OP
Some of the information coming out on this lately seems quite promising. I'm hoping we can see the end of several different currencies per expansion , it's just becoming a chore to keep track of. I am a bit sceptical of the changes to abilities which hit multiple targets though as that could damage old-content farming to a degree.

Permabanned
I find retail really disorentating compared to Classic, There is so much on screen my eyeballs are like a fat kid in a giant sweet shop. And with the super flashy new animations, Foxes etc i just do not know.

It seems like neither Classic or Shadowlands is exactly what i wanted which was Classic 2.0. :(

Soldato
I find retail really disorentating compared to Classic, There is so much on screen my eyeballs are like a fat kid in a giant sweet shop. And with the super flashy new animations, Foxes etc i just do not know.

It seems like neither Classic or Shadowlands is exactly what i wanted which was Classic 2.0. :(

I'm feel kind of the same as you.

I really enjoyed 1-60 and MC on my warrior in classic but I just couldn't find the time to commit so it fizzled out.

I find myself wanting to try shadowlands and I probably will when it comes out. Like most expansions I'll probably just play for a couple of months and be done with it.

Permabanned
I'm feel kind of the same as you.

I really enjoyed 1-60 and MC on my warrior in classic but I just couldn't find the time to commit so it fizzled out.

I find myself wanting to try shadowlands and I probably will when it comes out. Like most expansions I'll probably just play for a couple of months and be done with it.

Do you also think flying cheesed the game? Travel Quests, Exploration, WPVP. I think now that the TBC train starting smoking a bit i seen nothing but a flying future. :(

Back
Top Bottom