** World of Warcraft : Shadowlands **

Associate
After trying Classic for a bit, I got bored and swapped back to retail - I've got a bunch of characters ready to go for Shadowlands now.
Currently enjoying the game since I found a community for over 30's players to hang out with.

Associate
After trying Classic for a bit, I got bored and swapped back to retail - I've got a bunch of characters ready to go for Shadowlands now.
Currently enjoying the game since I found a community for over 30's players to hang out with.

That’s what always puts me off when I do return. Would be great if I could find a community to be a part of, but it’s a lonely game to play solo

Soldato
^ played it today for around 5 hours? went from lvl 25 to 39 thought that was quite fast!.
tried to play one of my lvl100s but was not sure where to go... so thought id level the rogue my only character left.

Associate
That’s what always puts me off when I do return. Would be great if I could find a community to be a part of, but it’s a lonely game to play solo

Yes especially with group finder when your class is not flavour of the month. Being a Druid healer i never had a problem in the past finding groups but the start of Bfa was depressing and even when i found a group it was usually a bunch of jumped up kids who would aggro every mob they saw and then blame it on tank or healer. Really is not a good experience.

Soldato
I'm currently levelling another toon with some friends who have just got into the game. I'll most likely get quite into shadowlands if they do. I hate bloody world quests though. We'll have had 3 expansions of it, I think that's enough.

I loved the Wrath way of doing things. Some dalies (which you could stop doing once you had the rep to buy what you wanted or skip if there was nothing for you) but mostly running dungeons for rep.

Soldato
I've played since vanilla and have quit about 3 times along the road, recently returned a couple of months ago and reformed my guild ready for SL mythic raiding. Legion was a awesome exp and I don't have many good things to say about BFA, but SL looks really promising.

It has the potential to be up there with Wotlk.

Soldato
I thought I recalled reading that if you buy Shadowlands you get BFA access now. I doubt it will matter, though; Legion characters will either go to level 50 in the crunch or be able to level to 50 there under the new setup, so BFA can be entirely skipped.
Depends on the package you buy, think ther is some deal out at the moment where you can buy a free 120 boost, free 110 boost, BFA and SL for £75.

Soldato
And to think that at one time I was worried about the Lich King, he literally couldnt even land one hit on Sylvanas, noob.

I think he was defeated a bit too easily too... Then again I never played any expansion after cataclysm as I burnt out so I don't know the law.

Soldato
I'm back to playing this as well. Spent a while getting my fury warrior up to 120 and while it's no DPS king (compared to DHs), it's super fun. The self healing is fantastic and can easily take on elites with 2-4mil health at 461.

This is the issue i have as well. I play with some of my family and I'm in a guild but it is quiet.
Maybe we should make use of the official unofficial OcUK discord to get some groups going? Takes the boredom out of grinding solo.
I'm just working through BFA Rep atm, all exalted so far with the exception of Uldum and Pandaria. Also managed to get the Ivory Serpent yesterday :D

Looking forward to Shadowlands though, looks absolutely amazing!

Soldato
I've been in the beta for shadowlands for a few days now and its definitely looking interesting. Been playing around with the new shadow priest approach today and its really good, much better than the last 2 expansions approach.

So far I've been pleased with the following:

- Outlaw rogue although roll the bones needs the 50 energy cost removing due to its cooldown otherwise it should be spot on
- Shadow priest, its really good but probably will be tuned down a bit
- Affliction warlock, amazing but Malefic rapture (does the most damage by a mile) is likely to be toned down
- Feral druid, will be stupid in pvp due to all of the druid utility coming back to it on top of the very strong burst damage they currently have

Not pleased with:

- Elemental shaman feels like it needs tuning up as the abilities don't seem to hit hard enough
- Enhancement shaman has no filler so you watch it auto attack or cast a spell when you are on cd for lava lash, stormstrike etc
- Demonology feels just like legion even though they've made alterations
- Balance druid damage is atrocious at the moment, definitely needs tuning up. Appears to have gone to some weird WOD version but need to play it more to confirm

Not tried anything else yet! Sadly no way of skipping the maw intro so have to sit through that on every character and the lv 50 template characters are all in the same position, no 60 templates where you can go straight to covenants and soulbinds etc atm.

Happy to test anything if people have requests.

Associate
Always enjoyed the bits of wow I've played and love the idea of it. However never really stuck around long enough to really get into it. Got a max level hunter on battle for azeroth but didn't do any of the end game stuff and never done a wow raid.

Played bits of classic too and that was the same, enjoyed it then for some reason just stopped playing.

I dont know if its down to mates playing other games and not being in a guild, as with eso joining the Overclockers guild seems to be making me stay around for longer. Is there an active overclockers guild on wow?

Soldato
I'm a bit shocked i'm not in the beta, i've been in every one since Cata and i've always reported a slew of bugs and suggestions. Oh well, enjoying some classic either way. I'll give Shadowlands a chance but if it hasn't wow'd me by the end of the first raid tier i'm binning it and staying on classic.

Soldato
I'm a bit shocked i'm not in the beta, i've been in every one since Cata and i've always reported a slew of bugs and suggestions. Oh well, enjoying some classic either way. I'll give Shadowlands a chance but if it hasn't wow'd me by the end of the first raid tier i'm binning it and staying on classic.

I still think its linked to raid progression. Everyone I've spoken to in beta is a mythic+ high key or mythic+ raider. Either way, high achievement points and cutting edge achievements galore.

Back
Top Bottom