Overwatch 2 is Official

Man of Honour
It's not really Overwatch 2.

The PvP mode is the same across both versions and this is just a PvE expansion pack in all but name.

If PvP is what interests you then there is no reason to get OW2.

Soldato
OP
I got bored of OW quite quickly but I'd be interested in seeing where they go with the co-op side. Just saw Diablo 4 and that is what actually got me excited

Associate
Despite sinking 300-400+ hours into games like Left 4 Dead, the past PvE events in Overwatch 1 didn't impress me at all, so I'm a bit apprehensive about this being focused on that. I guess we'll see.

As always though, the cinematic was fantastic.

Soldato
This is what I was thinking. Graphically it's all updated though, right? A new engine perhaps?
Doesn't look like it's that visually different in the brief gameplay snippets, plus the current engine runs perfectly no reason to change and most people can play it butter smooth which I think blizzard will prefer

Soldato
How can this be called 2 when it's the same maps, same characters, same graphics and players from 1 and 2 play together cause it's all the same ****

Soldato
Doesn't look like it's that visually different in the brief gameplay snippets, plus the current engine runs perfectly no reason to change and most people can play it butter smooth which I think blizzard will prefer

Looks like you're right, just watched some actual gameplay. Maybe I was fooled by some cinematics :)

How can this be called 2 when it's the same maps, same characters, same graphics and players from 1 and 2 play together cause it's all the same ****

It's backwards compatible, yes. But there will be lots of new maps and new characters... that will also go to the original.

I get what you're saying. I think the 2 is more the PvE, story and hero modes. They then link it back in with 1 as far as PvP.

As has been said, you don't need to buy this if you don't want the PvE. I don't particularly, but as it's pretty much the only game I play these days, I'll buy 2 on release.

Man of Honour
This is what I was thinking. Graphically it's all updated though, right? A new engine perhaps?

It can't be too different engine wise if it's compatible with OW1.

It's OW1 updated and sold over again. With new maps and maybe a few new heroes.

The skill side is cool, but nothing they couldn't add into OW1...

Those maps and heroes are free updates to OW1.

Because it will sell more if it's a new release and not DLC, and it will sell even more if they keep the details about how the PvP is identical to OW1 obscured.

Associate
Watching the new short in Paris I was thinking they really should make a tv show on this as they really are great. The animation, timing, music, sounds, emotion pulls always seem really high quality.
That would be pretty cool even if it was just a limited series they could do it so it was based on the time overwatch was at its prime/ just starting out that way it doesn't interfere with the current OW timeline plus I really wanna see what happened to reaper

Permabanned
Cashgrab 2...

They think we should, But i don't want anymore PC Blizznanny content. The gay stuff ended it for me it should be a shooter thats all like L4D or something have the characters but stop there there is no need to sexualize the game it should never be controversial that is rule 1 about being a popular shooter. And the fact they want to charge again for some stupid PVE? Nope..

The truth is they BADLY want a to have this rainbow left leaning universe where they have online shooter mode, Friend PVE and to build the franchise to be like Destiny is that the aim? But with the rainbow stuff? LOL really they are sad and pityful to be honest what happened to this company. I am playing Classic and loving it and here is the thing when i play classic i am not thinking about Thrall and his Orcs sexuality am i? No i am just enjoying a good wholesome game thats why i had to rant about it. :D

Back
Top Bottom