*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
ONly real issue is it's too easy - it's difficulty is aimed at young children
Playing this with the Mrs, first game (Apart from 1 2 Switch.) I have managed to persuade her to play with me. She is playing it until Gooigi is found then I will join, never gamed before apart from Peggle and phone stuff and after nearly an hour of her getting used to using a controller for the first time, us virtually coming to break up point, she has finally bagged the first few ghosts in the lobby and thoroughly looking forward to exploring the mansion. As everyone is saying it looks gorgeous and the attention to detail and sublime Nintendo polish has not missed one spot of this game.

Caporegime
Anyone got a preorder in for the limited edition lite? I’ve been toying with the idea of jumping back in to the switch now it has a healthy library and I’m loving the new design.

Soldato
Anyone got a preorder in for the limited edition lite? I’ve been toying with the idea of jumping back in to the switch now it has a healthy library and I’m loving the new design.

Limited edition version?

Edit: your refering to the Pokémon version, still prefer the turquoise ones personally.

Man of Honour
Wtf - lion king and Aladdin for £31.49!!!! That is absolutely ridiculous. Worst thing since the street fighter anniversary price. Probably the silliest pricing for anything I have ever seen.

Soldato
£31.50 for two ~25 year old games!!

I still can’t get over it.

That aren't particularly good/noteworthy, save for nostalgia.

I love Lion Kind but it's so brutally hard it's hardly worth it. Besides, I played the SNES versions, apparently these are the Mega Drive versions?

Associate
I keep looking at the pokemon S&S switch lite as its very pretty..my collector mindset says yes but the other part of me is saying no because I already have a switch and spend money elsewhere.
If I didn't have my current one I would be jumping on the limited edition straight away.
I bought my GF the Pokemon Lets go edition last year for early christmas present and its very pretty with the etched back cover.

Anyway I went into Tescos yesterday and they currently have 2 for £60 on selected Switch games.
So far confirmed by group of people on hotukdeals..
(stock dependant)
Luigi’s Mansion 3
Pokemon Let's go pickachu.
Splatoon 2
Mario Kart 8
Mario Odyssey
Yoshi Crafted World
Mario Party
Mario Marker 2
Zelda Links Awakening
Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Hoping to pickup Luigi mansion 3 and Ultimate alliance 3 at my local Tesco as the one I went to in rugby had barely anything for Switch and my local one has slightly bigger range.

Associate
We spent 3 hours Saturday trying to get hold of Luigi's Mansion 3 and Splatoon 2 within the 2 for £60 Tesco deal.

In the end we had to travel to one end of Cardiff to get Luigi's Mansion 3 on it's own, then drive to the opposite end to get Luigi's Mansion 3 refunded, then purchase both Luigi's Mansion 3 and Splatoon 2 together (not 1 store had both in stock in the same store).

Associate
We spent 3 hours Saturday trying to get hold of Luigi's Mansion 3 and Splatoon 2 within the 2 for £60 Tesco deal.

In the end we had to travel to one end of Cardiff to get Luigi's Mansion 3 on it's own, then drive to the opposite end to get Luigi's Mansion 3 refunded, then purchase both Luigi's Mansion 3 and Splatoon 2 together (not 1 store had both in stock in the same store).
Damn that's dedication, I spent my morning/afternoon trying to get copy of Crash N.sane trilogy locally when it was released on the Sunday going from Northampton(based in) to Milton Keynes and they were all gone so I had to order online for it.
I'm hoping I can get LM3 and Marvel together or LM3 with Links awakening maybe or something.

Man of Honour
Has anyone done the Joycon shell replacement mod with the DPAD?

Any good guides?

super hard or just hard?

It's easy, there are only a few things to keep in mind:
  • Use lots of downwards pressure initially to "break the seal" on screws and avoid stripping them
  • Do not overtighten the screws, a snug fit is better than tight
  • The shells are cheap and often the plastics aren't molded properly (requiring minor modification) or easily strip when putting screws in
  • Do not use any free screwdrivers that come with the kits, buy high quality ones
  • Avoid myriann and rebranded copies of their goods
For what it's worth the dpads are not great on them and the texture is really slippy, but they do look great.

Last edited:
Associate
It's easy, there are only a few things to keep in mind:
  • Use lots of downwards pressure initially to "break the seal" on screws and avoid stripping them
  • Do not overtighten the screws, a snug fit is better than tight
  • The shells are cheap and often the plastics aren't molded properly (requiring minor modification) or easily strip when putting screws in
  • Do not use any free screwdrivers that come with the kits, buy high quality ones
  • Avoid myriann and rebranded copies of their goods
For what it's worth the dpads are not great on them and the texture is really slippy, but they do look great.

I just wanted to convert to the white controllers with multi coloured buttons mostly

Soldato

Crikey, really? Surely you can pick up Splatoon 2 by now for £30 second hand, and Luigi's Mansion for around £40? Meaning that you effectively saved yourself about £3.40 per hour. Each to their own of course, it's just a lot more dedication than I have to bargains!

Man of Honour
That aren't particularly good/noteworthy, save for nostalgia.

I love Lion Kind but it's so brutally hard it's hardly worth it. Besides, I played the SNES versions, apparently these are the Mega Drive versions?

Yeah but the Mega Drive versions were better!!….
Aladdin was actually 2 totally different games, not like nowadays when the same Developer does a version for both consoles.

Associate
Crikey, really? Surely you can pick up Splatoon 2 by now for £30 second hand, and Luigi's Mansion for around £40? Meaning that you effectively saved yourself about £3.40 per hour. Each to their own of course, it's just a lot more dedication than I have to bargains!

Yeah, If it was me I wouldn't have been bothered. This was promised to both of my kids, didn't expect that situation.

Caporegime
Operation get a Switch for the wife and I may be brought forward because of Black Friday. Any one know anything beyond the vague info on rumour sites concerning a Switch Pro?

I wonder if it's worth waiting (we won't bother if it comes out e.g. end of next year)....

Back
Top Bottom