• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Turing RTX 2070 Owners Thread

Associate
No worries, my card idles at 300mhz and seems to always boost to 1965mhz or so when gaming or doing benchmarks. I only did the Timespy bench so far and got 10296, so similar to yours though I'm only using a 9600K. If that's a lot lower than yours got previously, how much lower? Seems around 11k is possible with my set up so I'm not too worried.

Just to mention though, I was mistaken I actually have the OC Gaming version with the bigger cooler than the Windforce one, so not exactly the same as yours.

I almost RMA'd my own card due to some shoddy, dirty packaging but the card itself was fine and looked brand new. As for erratic performance, I encountered that myself after my first post here after using the Auorus Engine a bit more, I've come from a Gigabyte 1060 where the Extreme Gaming Engine was absolutely fine for setting custom fan profiles and OCs etc, but this Auorus Engine is garbage by comparison.

It offers 2 options for boost, manual and auto detect. The problem is the auto detect enables a lengthy auto OC test that is so bad it shouldn't even be included. Firstly it ramps all fans up to insane levels and takes forever. If you cancel it and select default settings to restore it, it doesn't even do anything except having massively down clocked your card without allowing it to return to defaults.

It had it running at a pathetic 1250mhz at max boost, no other setting would restore the factory state, so I uninstalled Auorus completely, and lo and behold the 1956mhz boost immediately returned.

I know Gigabyte software and auto OC software in general is bad, but that was something else entirely. Was ready to RMA again thanks to their crappy software that didn't even make it clear it was going to attempt an OC that could take 20 minutes, except all it did was enable almost half max boost with no way of restoring it within their software by setting it to default. It should have multiple warnings as to how long and exactly what it would entail. Truly terrible software.

Best of luck with your RMA, depending on the response I get for the bad packaging, I may end up doing a RMA myself, though in my case the card at least seems great.

Associate
I have been looking at 2070 super benchmark results online and this card is benchmarking like a 2060/2060 super. Timespy is the only benchmark that my card is anywhere near the founders edition.

Associate
I don't have those other benches but did a Gears 5 bench right now using the auto detected Ultra Preset at 1440p and got 81.4 FPS Average which is good according to this where the reference 2070 super gets about 77fps. You can get gears 5 for £1 with Xbox game pass so maybe worthy trying to bench that?

https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/gears-of-war-5-pc-graphics-performance-benchmark-review,6.html

Will keep trying other benches this weekend but the card seems good, been very quiet even with a few hours gaming and no loud fan fluctuations.

Man of Honour
OP
KFA2 GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER EX

7HEYwnU.jpg

Apologies for awful pic. It's almost impossible to photograph.

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

enwXLLO.jpg

Date 04/11/2019, Make KFA2 EX Super, ALXAndy, Link
Date 26/09/2019, Make Gigabyte Gaming Super, VoG, Link
Date 26/09/2019, Make Asus Dual Super, Squid Vicious, Link
Date 26/09/2019, Make Gigabyte Windforce Super, adwol48, Link
Date 25/09/2019, Make Gigabyte Gaming Super, robfosters, Link
Date 24/09/2019, Make Gigabyte Gaming Super, McBain, Link
Date 20/09/2019, Make MSI Gaming X Super, LoadsaMoney, Link
Date 11/09/2019, Make Zotac Gaming Super, Gripen90, Link
Date 22/07/2019, Make Inno3D Gaming, Gripen90, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your RTX 2070.

Soldato
Is there any specific version recommended atm?
From what i’ve read and watched so far it seems to be the MSi Cards. Both the duo and tro run extremely quiet and doesn’t top 69c overclocked on a quiet fan curve. Literally cannot hear mine when gaming cos its so quiet and boosts to a nice 1950mhz without me even overclocking it. Memory can be clocked to around 1ghz or more.

Man of Honour
OP
Got mine today, finally upgraded from 980ti sli!

MSI Gaming X Duo 2070 Super duper!

dd5wsN9.jpg
Asus ROG 2070 super
bpQSbp6.jpg

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

enwXLLO.jpg

Date 08/11/2019, Make Asus Strix Super, peter, Link
Date 08/11/2019, Make MSI Gaming X Duo Super, Jay85, Link
Date 04/11/2019, Make KFA2 EX Super, ALXAndy, Link
Date 26/09/2019, Make Gigabyte Gaming Super, VoG, Link
Date 26/09/2019, Make Asus Dual Super, Squid Vicious, Link
Date 26/09/2019, Make Gigabyte Windforce Super, adwol48, Link
Date 25/09/2019, Make Gigabyte Gaming Super, robfosters, Link
Date 24/09/2019, Make Gigabyte Gaming Super, McBain, Link
Date 20/09/2019, Make MSI Gaming X Trio Super, LoadsaMoney, Link
Date 11/09/2019, Make Zotac Gaming Super, Gripen90, Link
Date 22/07/2019, Make Inno3D Gaming, Gripen90, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your RTX 2070.

Soldato
Not many of us at all... I think a lot have got the 5700xt instead. Was going to do the same but decided to go with this. Overclocks like a beast too!

Back
Top Bottom