NVMe M.2 SSD 50°C idle with heatsink

Associate
Hello,

Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB

I don’t know guys but I am really worried about the drive. Browsing forums..and I can see almost everyone is hitting approx. 35 °C. I am at around 49-51 °C. I also bought heatsink on it and it did zero change. Temps were totally the same.

While running benchmark via Samsung Magician (its like 1-2 minutes benchmark) temps went up to 70 °C.

I have it places between my cpu (8700k) and gpu (1080ti). Mobo is z370 Gigabyte Gaming 7. Should I place the drive at the bottom of my motherboard to the latest M.2 slot? (I would try it..but it means to unmount cpu cooler Noctua nh-d15 again).

I don’t know what to do to be honest. It’s my main drive and I think that something is not right.

CPU temps are at around 32 °C and GPU at 40 °C while doing nothing - idle.

Should I be worried? Is there anything I can do about the temps?

Associate
OP
The specified operating temperature is 0-70 degrees C. You aren't exceeding that so why worry?
I guess that you are right. It bothered me so I put the nvme drives at the bottom of my case and temps are better only for like 2-3 degrees C. Where is deffinitely better airflow. So I think.. that everything should be normal :/

Back
Top Bottom