• No

Votes: 286 75.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 49 12.9%

• Total voters

fez

fez

Caporegime
This is the issue with reviews, it is going to depend on a case-by-case basis because of internet speed and ping

I don't think that anyone who is a serious reviewer will be trying to use this service without a fast and stable internet connection. That would be like reviewing the graphics of a game on a 3 year old PC and saying they aren't cutting edge.

Most of the issues seem to be that its simply not delivering the resolution or performance that it should be and has promised.

Soldato
I agree. And you and I may have the same ISP with the same download speed. But we may love in different parts of the country, with different pings to our ISP and different distances from the Stadia servers.

Associate
So as per the one I posted, 700mbs down and 900mbs up with a 2ms ping isn't adequate?

Which puts the issue within the DC, intermediary carriers or just the tech isn't optimized enough yet as still in infancy.

Just because PING to a speedtest server is extremely low does not mean the experience will be better.

What I find astonishing is a small French company have made a similar technology work and it was released in 2018 in the UK. Its called Shadow. Basically gives you PC with Storage and a 1Gb/s Internet connection to download your games from Steam, EPIC, GoG etc. The platform then streams them to your own desktop or Shadow device at home for TV etc. https://shadow.tech/gben/discover/technology

They appear to be updating the configuration for more power which will be available in February next year too. https://shop.shadow.tech/gben/pre-order. The price seems extremely competitive if you work it out in relative terms. I pay more than £50 per month for my mobile phone and for that I could rent a 6 Core 4Ghz, 32 GB, TITAN RTX machine and stream any games I own or plan to own. It would take 50 months/4years for me to buy an TITAN RTX for the per month rental of the PC.

Stadia, for me, is way behind vs Shadow yet is hardly even spoken of here.

Shawrey

Soldato
When will the money be taken out of my account?
If you pre-ordered the Stadia Founder's Edition, you will be charged when your order is delivered.

Copy/Paste from their FAQ on their website.
Mines hasn't been posted yet and they took the money on Sunday.
No code emailed to me either.

Shambles.

Soldato
What a launch. Luke-warm reviews, pre-orders coming in late, game prices laughable.
It's classic Google!

Streaming is part of the future, but it's strange they've launched it like this. Great for the competition, good notes on what not to do.

It's classic Phil Harrison! How he still gets a gig is beyond me, everything he touches turns to crap.

Soldato
My founders edition arrived this morning, still waiting for the unlock code, was told on chat it was 3-5 days after dispatch, what a joke. How can they get it so wrong?

Associate
3 to 5 days! How can that be possible?
I've read the following on their Twitter account:

'a small number of users' have reported not receiving their code.

Soon as your order is dispatched you'll receive the code.

We're now sending them out in sequential ordering from signup date.

...delivery of code will be 19th/20th

To what you just mentioned. They keep moving the goal posts so don't trust a word they say. At this point I don't see myself actually using it until next week.

Back
Top Bottom