• Yes, but after launch

Votes: 24 6.3%
  • No

Votes: 286 75.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 49 12.9%

• Total voters
Associate
Tested out destiny 2 PvP, wow so much better.

I was switching between Xbox and stadia, 60fps just wins every time....

Everyone that plays destiny 2 on console need to try this, I can't go back to my Xbox X .... Really noticeable difference.

It looks worst but it plays better.

Soldato
Ok, so I'm a happy boy now. Connected the Chromecast directly to my router and managed a full hour of gaming without so much as a stutter :D

Even better was that my wife was able to sit on her tablet and it didn't cause any problems at all (maybe because I bumped the Chromecast up to highest priority on QoS). I'd dropped the quality to balanced when I was having my issues over Wi-Fi and Powerline adapetrs so it will be interesting to see how I get on with it set to highest quality.

Also found out that my broadband is actually over 40MB/s when WiFi is taken out of the equation :o

Associate
Ok, so I'm a happy boy now. Connected the Chromecast directly to my router and managed a full hour of gaming without so much as a stutter :D

Even better was that my wife was able to sit on her tablet and it didn't cause any problems at all (maybe because I bumped the Chromecast up to highest priority on QoS). I'd dropped the quality to balanced when I was having my issues over Wi-Fi and Powerline adapetrs so it will be interesting to see how I get on with it set to highest quality.

Also found out that my broadband is actually over 40MB/s when WiFi is taken out of the equation :o

Glad it worked out, I was playing this morning with kids on Netflix and didn't have any issues.

Associate
Something else I'm noticing when playing desitiny 2 PVP no kill trading at all.

Seems like less lag on game server? Anyone else notice this?

Soldato
Has anyone tried samurai shodown online multiplayer. I literally can't find a game at all. Either nobody is playing or it just not working well.

Yea I tried but I doubt it's popular, it's not a game I'd want to play other than to just check it out.

You can change the search to global where I felt it might get a player if I didn't just turn it off after a few seconds of waiting. Lol

Soldato
Shocker that a new, high demand online service is struggling to meet expectations on launch day.

Give it a couple of months when the network demand declines (spreads out) and the early major bugs are ironed out.

Associate
Shocker that a new, high demand online service is struggling to meet expectations on launch day.

Give it a couple of months when the network demand declines (spreads out) and the early major bugs are ironed out.
However since this a Google product, it will end up like most of their "failed launched" products or services. It will be dragged out slowly for the next few months or even years, before being shut off.

Soldato
However since this a Google product, it will end up like most of their "failed launched" products or services. It will be dragged out slowly for the next few months or even years, before being shut off.
For sure it could be another Google+, it totally depends on Google’s appetite to suck up the early costs, the products issues and how they value their fix/fail reputation.

Associate
For sure it could be another Google+, it totally depends on Google’s appetite to suck up the early costs, the products issues and how they value their fix/fail reputation.
You're right with that, but I don't think they have ever done that before with a new product. Services yes, but actual physical hardware, I don't think so.

I mean just look at the Google glass, it was practically DOA and no one seems to remember it these days.

Associate
Testing different modes on destiny 2

Limited data mode and best visual mode

I think game is running at different FPS between two? I'm sure best visual 60fps and limited mode is 30fps

Associate
The main thing I didn't think about when going down the Stadia route is my wifes constant drain on our broadband. She's watching awful soaps on the TV so I fire up Stadia on the laptop and straight away she is on her tablet infi-scrolling her facebook feed. She goes into the kitchen to do some stuff, great, I'm getting on Stadia and straight away it's "ALEXA, PLAY SOME POP MUSIC" :mad:

In theory my broadband is good enough at about 30MB/s but it doesn't really leave anything in the bank for that oh so important Michael McIntyre sketch from 5 years ago that some random in a FB group has just discovered :o

QoS the crap outta the wifes stuff via the Router. Gaming is far more important.

Wife questions why her stuff is lagging - plead ignorance and that Facebook/Alexa service must be having difficulties as Stadia is working fine :p

Shawrey

Soldato
The main thing I didn't think about when going down the Stadia route is my wifes constant drain on our broadband. She's watching awful soaps on the TV so I fire up Stadia on the laptop and straight away she is on her tablet infi-scrolling her facebook feed. She goes into the kitchen to do some stuff, great, I'm getting on Stadia and straight away it's "ALEXA, PLAY SOME POP MUSIC" :mad:

In theory my broadband is good enough at about 30MB/s but it doesn't really leave anything in the bank for that oh so important Michael McIntyre sketch from 5 years ago that some random in a FB group has just discovered :o

This was something I think I mentioned a while back, and it's especially relevant when most ISP-provided routers don't have any QoS or prioritising features at all. Google are putting an awful lot of faith in their product being delivered properly over hardware and infrastructure they simply have no control over.

Associate
This was something I think I mentioned a while back, and it's especially relevant when most ISP-provided routers don't have any QoS or prioritising features at all. Google are putting an awful lot of faith in their product being delivered properly over hardware and infrastructure they simply have no control over.

Not that I am advocating Stadia here but in reality there is hardly any difference if the game was hosted on a local console/PC or in a DC as you're reliant on the infrastructure in between - irrespective of which end it is hosted on.

This is the reason in Telecoms a Hosted Cloud PBX like Horizon works (when Gamma don't have outages). As long as the latency and routing is good - a reasonable level of quality is to be expected dependent on the EU's bandwidth and the sending platform has the capacity to deal with the amount of users connected.

Soldato
Not that I am advocating Stadia here but in reality there is hardly any difference if the game was hosted on a local console/PC or in a DC as you're reliant on the infrastructure in between - irrespective of which end it is hosted on.

This is the reason in Telecoms a Hosted Cloud PBX like Horizon works (when Gamma don't have outages). As long as the latency and routing is good - a reasonable level of quality is to be expected dependent on the EU's bandwidth and the sending platform has the capacity to deal with the amount of users connected.

3RFR.gif

:D

Caporegime

And for those of us without a PHD in network engineering :confused::p

Back
Top Bottom