ebay seller inflating postage charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
So what about their costs of packaging, time, driving to the post office?
I notice you’ve conveniently missed another post asking this too.

I’ve had people raise this with me - it’s simple - don’t want to pay for my time and fuel costs dropping it off, don’t bid.
I don’t see what’s so hard about seeing the postage charge, thinking it’s too much and going elsewhere.

Soldato
Once again £2 is a lot of money to some people my friend & please read the thread I have not raised a dispute (yet)

You can't be serious? 2 quid...... a lot of money? For tramps and homeless I'd agree, but for someone with the means to access, and buy from Ebay? No chance :rolleyes:

Surely the time you've spent posting about it on here, let alone messaging the seller for your two quid back, has wasted more time than your 2 quid is worth?

I despair with some people these days.

Associate
Surely you must have been happy enough with the deal otherwise you wouldn't have bought it in the first place..

I admit I get annoyed when people refuse to combine postage (especially on low cost and lightweight items) i.e. charge you £3 each to send it and they all arrive in the same jiffy bag for £1.60.
But on £30 I wouldn't begrudge somebody £2 to cover packaging and petrol to post it. Actually in many cases I would prefer to pay people extra for some proper packaging just so they don't wrap it in an old bin bag and masking tape and stick a stamp on it.

Soldato
Yeah back in the day when I used to sell all the time on eBay I would make sure the postage covered packaging costs as well if I had to buy postage supplies and maybe part of the eBay/PayPal fees. Now it's much easier to just lump it all into the price and call it free postage. It stops the whingers like the OP if I happen to use a cheaper courier etc.

Associate
I would only be upset if paid for a service and received a lesser o e, like paying for First Class and getting Second Class.
There's other costs involved, and they list it as postage and packaging costs, not simply postage.
Also, the final price was visible, so what's the issue?

Man of Honour
But on £30 I wouldn't begrudge somebody £2 to cover packaging and petrol to post it. Actually in many cases I would prefer to pay people extra for some proper packaging just so they don't wrap it in an old bin bag and masking tape and stick a stamp on it.

Heh yeah - cracks me up when people kick up a fuss about cheapest postage and then kick up a fuss when it turns up with basic packaging and takes a couple of extra days! likewise I'd rather pay a little extra get some proper packaging, etc.

Personally as long as I get the level of postage I was happy to pay whatever amount for I don't begrudge a seller making a little extra as long as they aren't doing that at my expense by not using the supposed level of service.

Soldato
Op send me your PayPal address I'll give you £2

When I buy something I add the cost of postage to the price of the item and that's the total. If you can find it cheap elsewhere then do that. If not stop the moaning or don't buy it. It might be £2 for fuel to get to the post office

Soldato
then youd love buying something from me, almost 100% of the time i undercharge because i don't bother checking current prices against weights and do my self out of £2-3 , but what ever :D

Soldato
£2 is what .... ~15mins at minimum wage? So you have £3 postage + cost of packing materials + cost of time to pack everything, check address labels, travel time and time to post. Frankly £2 seems quite cheap.

Yes there are some sellers who over inflate the postage but I don't really think that this has happened here.

Soldato
As other have said....guy might live 15 miles from the post office - so a 30 mile round trip plus the cost of packaging etc - £2.

Sounds like a bargain....

At the end of the day - you paid £30 for the item to be delivered to you. He has done that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom