Terminator: Resistance

Soldato
It will always be like this. Games are designed for 16:9 and 21:9 is tacked on later by some devs.

Some devs support it and some don't, suppose that won't change anytime soon.

Apparently the game devs are looking at it and will patch it in later.

I found a fix in the meantime, a patcher that will hex edit the game exe.

ne0

ne0

Associate
Eurogamer have really disappointed me on this. If you love Terminator then I promise you will LOVE this game. I had low expectations after the negative reviews and guess what the game is flipping AMAZING!

Yes the graphics are not AAA standard but they ARE still good enough and suit the mood of the game, especially if you apply some very simple engine.ini file tweaks (I'll post them if required).

The difficulty needs a tune as even on Extreme difficulty it's not a challenging game... but this can be easily patched.

But the thing this game does so well is nailing the atmosphere and feeling of a Terminator game.

There are already a couple of great mods for this on Nexus plus if like me you game on ultrawide, there's a very easy way of patching the .exe so that 21:9 works flawlessly.

Awesome, awesome game!

Soldato
Eurogamer have really disappointed me on this. If you love Terminator then I promise you will LOVE this game. I had low expectations after the negative reviews and guess what the game is flipping AMAZING!

Yes the graphics are not AAA standard but they ARE still good enough and suit the mood of the game, especially if you apply some very simple engine.ini file tweaks (I'll post them if required).

The difficulty needs a tune as even on Extreme difficulty it's not a challenging game... but this can be easily patched.

But the thing this game does so well is nailing the atmosphere and feeling of a Terminator game.

There are already a couple of great mods for this on Nexus plus if like me you game on ultrawide, there's a very easy way of patching the .exe so that 21:9 works flawlessly.

Awesome, awesome game!

The Stream reviews threw me, its getting some fairly positive praise, I love the Terminator movies, well 1 & 2 - guess the third was't too bad at a push, however it isn't just eurogamer giving this game a bad review, so its sorta erm what? its a cheap enough game, I might just give it a punt. Eurogramer however in general are somewhat questionable with their articles anyhow, I've not much trusted them since the PS3 /360 era if I'm brutally honest.

ne0

ne0

Associate
The Stream reviews threw me, its getting some fairly positive praise, I love the Terminator movies, well 1 & 2 - guess the third was't too bad at a push, however it isn't just eurogamer giving this game a bad review, so its sorta erm what? its a cheap enough game, I might just give it a punt. Eurogramer however in general are somewhat questionable with their articles anyhow, I've not much trusted them since the PS3 /360 era if I'm brutally honest.

If you love those films then just buy it. If you can accept that it's not going to be AAA standard then you'll have a great time with it. After I tweaked the ini, got ultrawide working etc, the game is just beautiful IMO albeit in a slightly old skool kind of way!

It's not a AAA game so IMO it's worth £25.

Soldato
Eurogamer have really disappointed me on this.

Eurogamer is trash. So many of their reviews are just off the mark completely, it's like their writers have the worst taste in games ever. And of course, the political ideology nonsense. Not recommending Kingdom Come because medieval bohemian countryside doesn't feature africans. Can't make this nonsense up.

(I'll post them if required).
Please do. I already bought the game and planning to play it once I wrap up Rage 2 and Plague Tale.

ne0

ne0

Associate
Stick everything below into engine.ini

C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\Terminator\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

Note, I've left object motion blur on and set depth of field to its max setting (I like it). I also use film grain as it gives the game a suitably gritty look but you can just toggle that off within the game.

Everything else is objectively better than default though.

Oh and change r.Streaming.PoolSize to half your GPU's VRAM.

[SystemSettings]
r.MaxAnisotropy=16
r.TemporalAACurrentFrameWeight=0.2
r.TemporalAASamples=2
r.PostProcessAAQuality=6
r.Tonemapper.Sharpen=0.75
r.SceneColorFormat=4
r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0
r.SSS.HalfRes=0
r.SSR.Quality=5
r.SSR.Temporal=1
r.SSS.Filter=1
r.SSS.SampleSet=2
r.SSR.MaxRoughness=1
r.LensFlareQuality=3
r.StaticMeshLODDistanceScale=0.25
r.SkeletalMeshLODBias=-2
r.MipMapLodBias=-1
r.Streaming.MipBias=-1
r.Streaming.HiddenPrimitiveScale=1
r.Streaming.UseAllMips=1
r.Streaming.FullyLoadUsedTextures=1
r.Streaming.HLODStrategy=2
r.Streaming.PoolSize=5632
r.ShadowQuality=5
r.Shadow.RadiusThreshold=0.01
r.Shadow.RadiusThresholdRSM=0.01
foliage.LODDistanceScale=6
r.ViewDistanceScale=13
DepthOfFieldQuality=4

[/script/engine.userinterfacesettings]
bEnableMouseSmoothing=false
bViewAccelerationEnabled=false

ne0

ne0

Associate
Any Field Of View tweaks? It all looks way to focused for me :)
Off to check out that gaming wiki

Aha:

Bear in mind that the game looks weird at what are usually OK values. IE, I normally use 90 but for this game I think 80 looks best. 90 makes the guns look stupidly long lol.

Soldato
If you love those films then just buy it. If you can accept that it's not going to be AAA standard then you'll have a great time with it. After I tweaked the ini, got ultrawide working etc, the game is just beautiful IMO albeit in a slightly old skool kind of way!

It's not a AAA game so IMO it's worth £25.

£22.99 CDKEYS - thats cheap enough for a bit of Terminator fix, cant' grumble at the price. Another game to my Steam library at a cheap price.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I particularly loved the sound design. The game overall is better than reviews would suggest. I think these days reviewers expect games of the quality of Witcher 3 etc and then they are left disappointed.

I would give this game a 7 out of 10. Most places gave it 4 out of 10 which is ******** imo. One of the things they complain about is the lock picking mechanism. It is the same one from Skyrim, people never complained then...

It is far from being a perfect game, but if you are a terminator fan then it is well worth playing. I recommend at least playing it on 1 difficultly above normal though. It is way too easy otherwise. I would argue that you should play on hardest difficulty to create more of a fear from the terminators which more fitting.

If the graphics were better and the characters a bit more interesting, then I would give it a 8.5 out of 10.

Associate
I particularly loved the sound design. The game overall is better than reviews would suggest. I think these days reviewers expect games of the quality of Witcher 3 etc and then they are left disappointed.

I would give this game a 7 out of 10. Most places gave it 4 out of 10 which is ******** imo. One of the things they complain about is the lock picking mechanism. It is the same one from Skyrim, people never complained then...

It is far from being a perfect game, but if you are a terminator fan then it is well worth playing. I recommend at least playing it on 1 difficultly above normal though. It is way too easy otherwise. I would argue that you should play on hardest difficulty to create more of a fear from the terminators which more fitting.

If the graphics were better and the characters a bit more interesting, then I would give it a 8.5 out of 10.

Huge terminator fan, do you think it could be played with a pad easy enough? Need some sofa playtime.

Associate
I like Terminator well the only good ones the first two but this looks crap you can tell worth a buy has bad taste in games when he said its good and the new Call of duty is good as well i don't know why people listen to his reviews.

Caporegime
As a massive fan of T1 and T2, I can echo that this is great!

Gunplay is meh but everything else about it is great, proper eerie at night, they nailed the future war aspect from those films.

Graphics are a bit dated but looks good on oled, plasma beams going across the screen at night looks neat :cool:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I like Terminator well the only good ones the first two but this looks crap you can tell worth a buy has bad taste in games when he said its good and the new Call of duty is good as well i don't know why people listen to his reviews.
If graphics is all you care about then yes indeed this game is crap. Luckily for the rest of us there is more to a game than graphics; and this is coming from someone (me) who loves graphics and does not want to game below 4K :)

Back
Top Bottom