**The Mental Health Thread**

Soldato
First of all I really want to say that I am so sorry to hear this. As a fellow sufferer of psychosis (although with anxiety instead of depression) I can only imagine how painful things must be for you at the moment. I just wanted to get that down first.

I'm really struggling at the moment. I'm in the hospital for the second time this year and I feel worse than I have felt in a long time. I'm really struggling with my anxiety and to make matters worse my parents have effectively made me homeless at the same time so I have the added worry of not being sure what housing I am going to end up living in. The problem is that I cannot cope with being around other people at all and being in the hospital is just making me even more stressed out. I feel like if I was home for a few weeks I would be able to cope better with what is going on at the moment but I don't know for sure. All I do know is that none of the available options open to me is going to be a good fit for me. I don't know where to go or what to do. I've tried to talk to my parents but they still don't want me home (they can't cope with my illness).

Take it a day at a time, work to a plan and stick with it.

Have you been offered any alternative housing?

Soldato
Really down the last couple of weeks. Came back from a week's holiday and was immediately back to normal stress levels and depression.

It's not even really a sad feeling, I've just given up. Don't like my current situation and don't see it changing, so it's hard to aim for happiness day to day and I don't feel I can look forward to much either. Things may well get better with time but it's more time than I'm prepared to grin and bear it for.

Just want to switch off to be honest. At least at work I'm busy for 8 hours so it passes quick. Evenings I'm either exhausted or glued to the sofa until bedtime. Weekends are much worse.

Whoever waited for Mondays eh? :rolleyes:

Soldato
What is stopping you making a change?
I'd say house sharing is the biggest challenge - can't quite afford to buy, living alone would eat every penny I earn and my girlfriend isn't as flexible as me about location.

Plus living with a partner (amongst others), it's a lot harder to change domestic habits because when I'm motivated towards change, others might not be.

Then there's commuting which is part and parcel of working in central London but point 1 above would interact with that.

Soldato
hm if your partner will not change for the better? then talk about it ..
London wow so much stress ever thought about leaving .. maybe it does not suit you ..
Indeed, I was born here and after 32 years I think I've had enough. Personally I feel like turning everything upside down and starting again. Which is difficult with another person involved in every decision, their own needs etc.

Soldato
Are you happy in the relationship?
Yeah I do think I am. But I think I'm tired of house sharing (3 of us in total) and I wonder if I'd prefer to live alone. It's unconventional but I'm not always a conventional person. I'd probably end up regretting it but my current mindset is "fed up sharing space with people"

Caporegime
Yeah I do think I am. But I think I'm tired of house sharing (3 of us in total) and I wonder if I'd prefer to live alone. It's unconventional but I'm not always a conventional person. I'd probably end up regretting it but my current mindset is "fed up sharing space with people"

I moved to a shared house in Liverpool, Was great at first but things started getting on my nerves....Got a flat on my own and much preferred it....Glad I did the house share though...It was good fun but then it ran its course.

Soldato
I moved to a shared house in Liverpool, Was great at first but things started getting on my nerves....Got a flat on my own and much preferred it....Glad I did the house share though...It was good fun but then it ran its course.
Yeah I had a great time in my first house share. Got lucky with good housemates. But 10 years later I find no one cleans or maintains the house, whereas I'd like to be living in a nice place. It's a big aspect of daily unhappiness when your house isn't how you'd like it!

Associate
Been struggling for quite a while now and had an overwhelming urge to drive into the central reservation on the motorway. Just can't be bothered anymore.

The weirdest thing is there is absolutely nothing wrong with my life at all so really shouldn't be feeling this way.

I get angry and annoyed at the smallest things and just want to shut myself off from the world.

Soldato
Been struggling for quite a while now and had an overwhelming urge to drive into the central reservation on the motorway. Just can't be bothered anymore.

The weirdest thing is there is absolutely nothing wrong with my life at all so really shouldn't be feeling this way.

I get angry and annoyed at the smallest things and just want to shut myself off from the world.
:( im sorry to hear that. Have you been to the doctors about how you've been feeling?

Associate
know that feeling all to well get some help asap

know that feeling all to well get help asap

Associate
:( im sorry to hear that. Have you been to the doctors about how you've been feeling?

Yes the doctors know and the NHS crisis team are involved. I've been on all sorts of meds since January and nothing seems to be helping.

I'm just following the daily routine they gave me but everything is a struggle and I get no enjoyment from anything really.

Suppose I was just venting.

Soldato
Yes the doctors know and the NHS crisis team are involved. I've been on all sorts of meds since January and nothing seems to be helping.

I'm just following the daily routine they gave me but everything is a struggle and I get no enjoyment from anything really.

Suppose I was just venting.
TBF I found this when I sought help from the GP during final year of uni. I was on anti depressants - which were absolutely helpful and needed right then - but I just didn't care about things. Deciding that skipping a shower or not bothering with stuff, allowed me to slow down and de-stress a bit. I needed to focus on studying.

But the not caring about anything felt very odd and I didn't like it. It still lingers now.

Soldato
How’s everyone doing ?

My Anxiety decided to hit me earlier for no real reason. Again out the blue took the dog for a walk and since then have been feeling horrid. Keep going really hot and sweaty and a mild tingling/burning sensation in arms and chest. My temp is fine but I might have a cold it’s hard to tell when on steroids.

Hope everyone is doing as good as can be and a very merry Christmas to all us with this horrid illness.

Back
Top Bottom