• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Caporegime
Because the graphical difference between max settings and medium / high settings is often not that much. Try it yourself.

Depending on the game there can be a noticeable difference between medium and ultra settings as a result of additional fancy effects such as shadows, lighting, ambient occlusion etc that really serve to create realism. I am a veteran PC gamer since the early 90's, there isn't much I haven't seen the difference between over the years and I consider my opinions well formed based on that experience.

Anyway, we have both said our piece so I am happy to agree to disagree at this point instead of getting into circular arguments.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Because the graphical difference between max settings and medium / high settings is often not that much. Try it yourself.
Not just that, but why does he think graphical fidelity has to be lower at 4K? I assume to maintain the same FPS as 1440p right? But that is assuming everyone’s needs high fps, that assumption right there is what is bizarre here imo.

I am starting to think 4K8K has infected him with his dodgy reasoning skills. Lol :p

Also what some people do not get is there are many games on 4K where you can just leave AA off completely where as on 1440p or lower you need to use temporal aa or some sort of aa which is like smearing vaseline on top of the image. I get a lot of grunt back by not using AA in many games together with in all games turning off what I consider to be rubbish effects like dof, motion blur etc.

Anyway, way off topic now :)

Soldato
Wrong. 4K is all about ergonomics. With 1080p screen you get grainy images with dull colours because the end colour that your eyes see and process is a mix of large pixels light plus black lines between the pixels.
With 4K, you get accurate, proper colours, and lack of those toxic additional and unnecessary black lines between the pixels which distort the image.

With 4K, your brain gets more detail which is better for it.

Rubbish. Pure and utter tripe. You don't get more accurate colours at 4K , what nonsense are you reading?

"at 4K, your brain gets more details which is better for it"

I have heard it all now.

You really don't understand anything about anything do you?

Soldato
It's true that the reference is 30-year-old but it doesn't specifically say that 1080p (2.073 MP) is the final, best resolution and once we have it, that is the end of the times.
You can improve resolutions infinitely in time, today you protect 1080p (2MP) as being good enough, in 5 years we will say the same about 4K (8MP), in 50 years we will be at 16K, and 1080p will have looked to us in the same way as 320x240 from the 80s or 90s looks to us today.

Also, you can't simply infinitely increase the distance between the monitor and your sitting position in order to offset the low resolution, you have a desk and you should stay in front of it.

With every post you make about this you come across dumber and dumber.

Stop discussing ergonomics because you obviously know nothing about it.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
With every post you make about this you come across dumber and dumber.

Stop discussing ergonomics because you obviously know nothing about it.
I took his advice and sold my monitor and bought an 4K TV to use as a monitor instead with all those magic settings he mentioned and paired it together with a GTX 970, I am telling you, tweaking those settings on the tv fixed Nvidia’s poor image quality and even somehow managed to produce RT in all my games. Never knew TV’s had these magic settings! :p

Soldato
I took his advice and sold my monitor and bought an 4K TV to use as a monitor instead with all those magic settings he mentioned and paired it together with a GTX 970, I am telling you, tweaking those settings on the tv fixed Nvidia’s poor image quality and even somehow managed to produce RT in all my games. Never knew TV’s had these magic settings! :p

:D:D Who knew that Nvidia only supplied an SD signal to 4K TVs!! :p

I think 4K8K is a sophisticated chat bot run by OCUK to drive us all crazy and all the people on his ignore list are people who annoyed Gibbo in the past :p:D

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
:D:D Who knew that Nvidia only supplied an SD signal to 4K TVs!! :p

I think 4K8K is a sophisticated chat bot run by OCUK to drive us all crazy and all the people on his ignore list are people who annoyed Gibbo in the past :p:D
Oh ****.. You just made me realise, maybe he is some kind of chat bot.. These days the spam phone calls that I get are starting to sound more and more real like a human. AI is getting more sophisticated :p

4K8K chat bot has been designed to acquire and terminate any logical GPU/CPU discussion and spread utter rubbish in its place.

Soldato
Your sig is very anti-social and shows what type of person you are, I've interacted several times with most people on your "troll list" over the years and none of them are trolls, They simply call out BS when BS is presented and you sir present BS on a regular occasion.

I know somebody else who takes pride in his ignore list as well....

I'm kinda disappointed im not on 4K's list, must be a mistake ...

Permabanned
Nvidia may be happy to further optimise/stay on 12nm according to an article I just read.

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-we-woul...yone-with-7nm-gpu-announcement/#disqus_thread

Super opportunity for AMD to release super Navi 20 "nvidia killer" in 2020, after which an RTX 2080 Ti would no longer be able to keep its position.
Super great opportunity for AMD to clinch some important market share back, and increase its profits by improving the quantity of its sales.
AMD must be the happiest.

Soldato
Super opportunity for AMD to release super Navi 20 "nvidia killer" in 2020, after which an RTX 2080 Ti would no longer be able to keep its position.
Super great opportunity for AMD to clinch some important market share back, and increase its profits by improving the quantity of its sales.
AMD must be the happiest.
You know Nvidia just increased its marketshare, funny how clearly a miniority cried about the prices, warranted though.

Soldato
4K is worth it but do not for get it just makes the picture a lot sharper and the compactness of the pixels improves the look of the texturing in games, It also helps improve a lot of old games which have lower textures and if you are looking to buy a new 4K monitor this Christmas season do not go above 32" in panel size or you will lose the benefits.

What do you mean by losing the benefits?

Caporegime
I hope we hear something soon. I really don’t want to spend a grand on a 2080Ti as it’s on the verge of old tech now. Unless we hear something, I’d probably be tempted by a (rumoured) 2080Ti super, although technically, that would still be old tech.

I wonder how many 2080Ti’s Nvidia are shifting now. Companies like Asus are still bringing out £1500 cards so the demand must still be there.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Nvidia killer. Lol. AMD are not killing anything with Navi. They will still be behind Nvidia as soon as the 3000 series is out on 7nm. My guess is the best AMD will do is match the 3080.

Back
Top Bottom