Whats it with girls and height?

Caporegime
The point:

Men who can't do anything about their height are being discounted as potential dates by women, the general consensus in this thread seems to be that those women aren't being fair because height is genetic - and then they get offended if a man asks how much they weigh in return

But aren't most things that people find attractive about members of the opposite sex genetic? - Me not liking flat chested women isn't really any different from women not liking short guys.

Well yes, I'm not sure why you're making such an obvious point though in reply to what I've said - where did I say those aren't genetic or that people don't find different aspects of others attractive/unattractive etc...?

I think you're missing the point others are making and that is one of there being double standards in regards to this in society - namely that it would often be considered offensive/rude to be up front about someone's weight in the same way various of these women apparently are about height... That weight can be controlled only adds to that.

Associate
im average height but I’ve been lucky with they ladies over the years.

everyone has types and tastes which is fair enough, if you start digging at people because they don’t fit into that taste then they are fair game (mans height/fat girl).

if you are of average height and someone goes at you because of it.. go all in I say :D insults not deep.. if you get what I mean ;)

I wouldn’t dare write on a dating profile ‘must be 34dd or above’

Associate
You giant freak!

Guys, let's hunt him down and burn him!

6ft here and tbh I feel like a midget sometimes!

I have no issue in being asked if I can ask certain questions back without having my head ripped off.

to be honest what bothers me is the OP got singled out by an ex wasn’t like he was being asked by a potential gf

Caporegime
That's pretty bizarre! But I'm 6ft 8" :D
Having said that, I've been out with girls who were under 5ft without issue. So I don't get it..

under 5 foot isn't normal though. and I certainly wouldn't have dated anyone that short. same as i wouldn't have dated a woman that was 6'5.

people have preferences but it's weird to call someone out after 20 years in a photo on FB. she was likely trying to make fun of OP as she felt insecure. so I would have called her out on that with something like FYI the other guy is 6'5 and i'm actually 6 foot tall. but since you decided to message i would never have dated you had i known you would turn out to be a fat munter.

Soldato
i was amazed at the reaction i got in northern spain (especially Pamplona),been over 6ft and a cornish tan ,but instead of a sneaky glance its full on stare and smile ,even when they had boyfriends ,guess they are shorter over there

Soldato
It's a pretty common thing. Women focus on a guy's height but go nuts when their weight is questioned, especially when they are on the porky side :D

It's 2019 so they get to be equally offended I guess.

Soldato
Girls generally like to feel like the man they're with is capable of protecting them, it's an attractive trait, a partner being tall is a sign they're capable of that. Other stuff like being strong, having a bit of muscle, being a trained fighter, etc are also attractive traits for the same reason.

Sounds like you’ve read every ‘pick up artist’ manual going and instead of being the Casanova you think you are you just come across as a bit of a lonely guy who can’t talk to girls. One day you’ll get a girlfriend, keep learning those sick martial arts bro!

Soldato
under 5 foot isn't normal though. and I certainly wouldn't have dated anyone that short. same as i wouldn't have dated a woman that was 6'5.

I know girls who are under 5' 0 - 4' 9, 4' 10, 4' 11. I don't see why it 'isn't normal' What is the problem? Dwarfism is apparently under 4' 10 but the girl I know who is 4' 9 is perfectly in proportion and certainly doesnt look like your typical dwarf... Holly Hendrix is 4' 8 ;)

Associate
Its a polite way of saying no (or they think it is), the ones who say it are inexperienced in bed and believe height has relation to a sausage, and the main one, small people are generally annoying - angry midget syndrome, being over the top to overcompansate size etc.

I hate stereotyping but the last 2 in the main one is substantially more common in smaller people than others, and ive lived in many places, met many people and its true. Means unfortunately a lot of normal small people get tarred unfairly

Caporegime
I think you're missing the point others are making and that is one of there being double standards in regards to this in society - namely that it would often be considered offensive/rude to be up front about someone's weight in the same way various of these women apparently are about height... That weight can be controlled only adds to that.

I agree that's it's rude (wouldn't say offensive) to request somebodys height upfront. Though sometimes it's hard to tell from a photo.

Equally though, it might save everyone a bit of time if we were all able to be more honest.

Before I got with my wife, it would be something like:

"average built, average height man looking for short-ish attractive woman, under 11 stone with a decent pair of ****, no kids and her own income"

Probably wouldn't go down too well though

Back
Top Bottom