Motorsport Off Topic Thread

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Also the inverse. Some of the most racist, hateful comments I've ever seen online came from Ferrari fans on the Official F1 Instgram post where Hamilton is in the press conference talking about his future plans, and whether he'd stay at Mercedes or move.

From actual Ferrari fans, or from racists who hate Lewis Hamilton and 'support' any opposing teams and drivers?

Either way it's utterly unacceptable and I hope that anyone who saw it used the 'report comment' feature :(

Soldato
Found it: https://www.instagram.com/p/B5kqJcIpcq3/

It looks like the comments have been cleared up since last night. The ones I saw were all in the vein of 'We don't want that ***** in our team' etc. Obviously impossible to tell if they were actual Ferrari fans or just racists jumping on the hate train. All I saw was that there were a disappointingly large number of them echoing the same sentiment.

Last edited:
Soldato
Why would Ferrari diehards implode if he won in a Ferrari?

I just see so much negativity on social media from Ferrari fans aimed at him and also saying they wouldn't want him in their team. :confused: (Although i have no idea where this actually comes from?! I mean he beat Massa in the last race but i'm sure they would've let that go by now.) So i guess my sentiment is more for them.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Nope, I don't buy it. Actual Ferrari diehards, the Tifosi, they don't give a toss who's driving as long as a Ferrari wins. He could be black, white or even Brummie* - they just don't care as long as it's a Ferrari win.

* - our Nige :)

Soldato

Came across this on my way to work this morning and thought I’d share. It really shows how Hamilton was always there or there abouts. Though also how dominant the top 5 drivers were and how terrible Williams were.

Soldato

Came across this on my way to work this morning and thought I’d share. It really shows how Hamilton was always there or there abouts. Though also how dominant the top 5 drivers were and how terrible Williams were.

His consistancy is what does it, but unlike Alonso in his championships, Lewis will also push and try to the win. Under the points system at the time Alonso was often happy to sit in second place not challenge.

When Lewis has a bad race he's usually in the top 5. When Vettel has a bad race he's usually hit someone and it's a DNF. With Bottas he ends up in 7th, 8th 9th position etc.. That's why no-one can get near Lewis. I really don't think he has been as special/dominance this year, and that if Rosberg was in the car instead of Bottas it probably would have gone down to the final race.

I don't think that even without the errors Ferrari could have won the WDC.

Soldato
His consistancy is what does it...

...I really don't think he has been as special/dominance this year

I avoided referring to Hamilton as dominant as I would agree with you that I don't think he has been this year. Certainly an argument for his consistency is that I believe he has equalled his own record of consecutive race finishes in points at 33 races.

Though following the video I looked up some other stats and it has made me question my feeling that Hamilton wasn't as dominate this season.

Considering podiums in 2019 then things look reasonably even (Hamilton 17, Bottas 15, Leclerc 10, Verstappen & Vettel 9.) However race wins, Hamilton looks utterly dominant (Hamilton 11, Bottas 4, Verstappen 3, Leclerc 2, Vettel 1).

Maybe the feeling of Hamilton not being so dominant is down do Ferrari and to some extent Red Bull being closer. In that they've made races feel tighter even if Hamilton ultimately has come out on top. I guess as the old adage goes: There's lies, damn lies and statistics.

Soldato
It just looks like the teams didn't want to make big changes to the car for different tyres in 2020, only to have to do it again in 2021. The tyres just weren't offering enough to make that time and expense worthwhile until the 2021 rules change.

Soldato
The sooner teams lose the vote on things like this, the better.

In this case though i can't really see the point of changing so close to a big rule change in 2021. However, if these were to be used for 2021 too then in that case it may make sense to move to them earlier and get more information/data from them. I do agree teams have too much power but a change like this seems a bit pointless and kind of strengthens their case to be able to vote on it. Maybe they should have a cycle laid down where they know stuff will change every 6-8 years and work on that basis that nothing new can come in during this time?

Soldato
The only way I can see him going there is if Toto first leaves Mercedes. But it would be great to see him go there and win a WDC, just for the lols of watching the casual racists amongst the Ferrari fans wring their hands and try and reconcile their position.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
The only way I can see him going there is if Toto first leaves Mercedes. But it would be great to see him go there and win a WDC, just for the lols of watching the casual racists amongst the Ferrari fans wring their hands and try and reconcile their position.

Once again...

Nope, I don't buy it. Actual Ferrari diehards, the Tifosi, they don't give a toss who's driving as long as a Ferrari wins. He could be black, white or even Brummie* - they just don't care as long as it's a Ferrari win.

* - our Nige :)

There's no reconciling to do. Ferrari wins = Tifosi happy.

Back
Top Bottom