Motorsport Off Topic Thread

Soldato
F1 is boring now even with Hamilton winning his 6th WDC.
Crofty is getting on peoples nerves. The TV producer is rubbish...I could go on.
I don't pay to watch F1 ;)

the other day I watched highlights of the 2003 Season, it looked fantastic. I can't remember it live other the carnage in Brazil, but there were more wet races, more winners, more strategy, more spins/mistakes, overtaking moves, and more teams that could fight.

After the first lap in Aus the two Ferraris were 6s ahead of the field. That kind of stuff just doesn't happen these days. BTW Ferrari still couldn't win that race ;)

Soldato
the other day I watched highlights of the 2003 Season, it looked fantastic. I can't remember it live other the carnage in Brazil, but there were more wet races, more winners, more strategy, more spins/mistakes, overtaking moves, and more teams that could fight.

After the first lap in Aus the two Ferraris were 6s ahead of the field. That kind of stuff just doesn't happen these days. BTW Ferrari still couldn't win that race ;)

Agree.

I was watching the senna\mansell days.
Seeing them drift a F1 car around corners to get the best exit was awesome :)

Soldato
If you'd watched the 2002 or 2004 seasons you'd have struggled to make it a quarter of the way through. Two awful seasons with almost unrivalled dominance and polar opposites to 2003.

It's easy to watch excellent races and close seasons, but if you look at the period as a whole it can paint a very different picture.

Caporegime
Penske reportedly in talks to buy Mercedes-AMG Formula 1 team

he must have some serious cash burning a hole in his pocket with his IndyCar and Indianapolis purchases recently

Don't believe it at all. Utter nonsense story. Mercedes recently committed to staying in F1 until 2025. I highly doubt this is only as an Engine provider and do you think Hamilton would even consider signing on for a non-Mercedes team for another two or three years?

Soldato
I don’t think that it is likely but I imagine that there is some substance to the rumours. Mercedes are not happy with the 2021 regs, although they did eventually agree, and the return of McLaren to Mercedes engines in 2021 keeps their options open if they want a competitive works team without being fully involved.

Soldato
Also, is it just me, or has the f1 forum really died now f1 is only on sky Live?
Pretty much.
Croft is a moron, such a moron that I don't want to watch it even though I can get it for free.
C4 coverage is flat, bland, and lacking any soul, due to Sky imposing the restrictions they have, not C4's fault at all.
Because of this my love for F1 is dwindling quickly, it'll perk up again next year but will surely die quicker than it has this year. Haven't even watched the last two races :rolleyes:

Soldato
It is since he adopted the house style of Sky, I.e. shouting in barely controlled artificial excitement at any event, no matter how insignificant.

Crofty has become almost as bad, he shouts at everything and every race is going to become exciting in the last 5 laps.
And he's slow to react to incidents, you see them happen and he notices about 5 seconds later. He can't pronounce drivers names properly, gets things wrong all the time, and just basically says stupid things, and as above makes a big deal out of nothing.

He's just a complete tit.

Back
Top Bottom