Fuji X Series

Associate
I’m looking for a new strap and was thinking of either the peak design leash or slide lite for my 100f. I only like to wear crossbody does anyone own these straps?

Associate
I had the slide. I now use the Joby Ultrafit. I find it way easier to extend, impossible to move when it's locked, and takes a ton of weight if needed.

The peak design quick releases are nice though. I still use my PD cuff when I don't want a full strap.

If you tend to chop and change your strap configuration then PD are more flexible. I find that I like one strap config (crossbody like you), so the Joby is better for me.

Need to figure out a way to integrate a peak QR with the Ultrafit.

Last edited:
Associate
I had the slide. I now use the Joby Ultrafit. I find it way easier to extend, impossible to move when it's locked, and takes a ton of weight if needed.

The peak design quick releases are nice though. I still use my PD cuff when I don't want a full strap.

If you tend to chop and change your strap configuration then PD are more flexible. I find that I like one strap config (crossbody like you), so the Joby is better for me.

Need to figure out a way to integrate a peak QR with the Ultrafit.

will check out the joby

I did end up ordering both the slide lite and the leash to see what I prefer.

Soldato
Trying to decide if I should upgrade my XT10 to a XT3. Absolutely love the small form factor of the XT10, so XT30 should be the sensible choice but.. :o

Any thoughts? I only ever use a wrist strap and tiny shoulder bag with my XT10, is that doable on the XT3 or would I end up treating it more like a full size SLR?

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Trying to decide if I should upgrade my XT10 to a XT3. Absolutely love the small form factor of the XT10, so XT30 should be the sensible choice but.. :o

Any thoughts? I only ever use a wrist strap and tiny shoulder bag with my XT10, is that doable on the XT3 or would I end up treating it more like a full size SLR?

Pop into Jessops?

Associate

I use my X-T3 with a wrist strap 50% of the time. It's not heavy with regular-sized primes (I use 12mm f2, 23mm f1.4 and 35mm f1.4 most).

Coming from an X-E2 I've never felt any less likely to bring the X-T3 out with me due to the size/weight.

But as mentioned, get them both in your hands. Functionally they are so similar, especially considering the price difference.

Soldato
Pop into Jessops?
Will do. Well even better I can get to the new Fuji House of Photography really easily. Not sure they'd be happy about me putting an XT3 in my bag "just to see if it fits" :p

I use my X-T3 with a wrist strap 50% of the time. It's not heavy with regular-sized primes (I use 12mm f2, 23mm f1.4 and 35mm f1.4 most)
I only have the 35/f2 and the 18-55. Nothing big although I have used my old Nikon fit Sigma 70-300 with my XT10 a few times. I doubt I'm ever going to splash the cash on expensive telephotos to be honest. Hmn..

Associate
Will do. Well even better I can get to the new Fuji House of Photography really easily. Not sure they'd be happy about me putting an XT3 in my bag "just to see if it fits" :p

You’d be surprised. They’re extremely forthcoming, I took an X-T3 out of the store for half an hour to try it out. Maybe I was lucky, and they did keep hold of my A7R3 when I went, but still.

Really hope the House of Photography sticks around.

Man of Honour
Picked up the X-T3 today with the 18-55mm kit lens. Been back and forth for a while on whether to get it, but my new years resolution is to take more photos so seems only logical to spend £1200 on something that I might not continue after a month :p

Looking for a lens for indoor shots, as I can see that being 90% of my photography until the weather picks up. Any recommendations? I was looking at the 35mm 1.4 lens as it seems like a great price, but @LiE mentioned that it has a few problems that made me think twice.

Soldato
Personally I think the f2 primes would be good enough unless you're a professional doing natural light jobs indoors etc. They're newer, smaller, faster focussing and weather sealed. I have the 35/f2 and its great. After the 23/f2 now...

Associate
I picked up the 16mm F2.8 to pair with my X-T20 along with a 27mm F2.8 for a compact kit for landscapes, really happy with it, lightweight, small images are sharp and focusing is fast.

It is also very well priced, it was released in April and I grabbed a used "open box return" copy from Wex in July for £299 (they have two more open box for the same price right now).

Soldato
I picked up the 16mm F2.8 to pair with my X-T20 along with a 27mm F2.8 for a compact kit for landscapes, really happy with it, lightweight, small images are sharp and focusing is fast.

It is also very well priced, it was released in April and I grabbed a used "open box return" copy from Wex in July for £299 (they have two more open box for the same price right now).

Cheers

My x-pro 2 turned up this morning refurbished from fujifilm, didn't even have chance to open it and was contacted by the landlord saying he wanted to sell the house. If anyone wants to buy it for what i paid im happy to put on MM otherwise i will just return it.

ZFd7S8Hl.jpg

Last edited:

olv

olv

Soldato
I'm still annoyed I didn't go for the X-T30 when it was £630 over black Friday. Would have been good value after the £150 cashback.

I'm still impressed by what my X-T10 spits out though:

K1MUA9r.jpg

olv

olv

Soldato
Cheers. It's the 55-200mm at around 160mm. I use it more than I thought I would, it's really nice, the IS is really good and it's sharp small enough. That was Richmond Park a couple of days ago, need to get their for first light one day to try and get some interesting photos.

Back
Top Bottom