Fuji X Series

Soldato
Thanks for posting this, i bought the last remaining one in the uk from the Norwich store at 9am yesterday.
Wow. Bargain. I saw that last one in stock and was seriously going to start looking at getting the train over there!

Having played with the XT3 in the Fuji shop, I've decided I'm going to keep my XT10 for the time being. The XT3 is great, but the smallness of my XT10 is what made me fall back in love with photography and the XT3 just is that much bigger and heavier that it feels like going back to the SLR world.

So, now I want to find the 23/f2 refurbished or used at a good price. Doesn't seem like anyone wants to sell it though, it's obviously too usable :p

Soldato
Wow. Bargain. I saw that last one in stock and was seriously going to start looking at getting the train over there!

Having played with the XT3 in the Fuji shop, I've decided I'm going to keep my XT10 for the time being. The XT3 is great, but the smallness of my XT10 is what made me fall back in love with photography and the XT3 just is that much bigger and heavier that it feels like going back to the SLR world.

So, now I want to find the 23/f2 refurbished or used at a good price. Doesn't seem like anyone wants to sell it though, it's obviously too usable :p

I thought driving up from Ipswich at 7am was a bit much but coming from London would be insane haha. I was eyeing up any bloke that came remotely near john lewis all morning while waiting for it to open.

olv

olv

Soldato

That's good to know, I had flirted with an X-T2 a while ago mostly for the bigger EVF but decided against it on the same basis of liking the smaller size. I haven't had my 23mm f/2 more than a couple of months but I really like it. I spent a couple of weeks watching every one that popped up on ebay and paid £250 in the end which seems ok.

Associate
MPB don't seem to offer very good prices for Fuji kit - especially compared to what they're giving me for my Sony kit. Seems Wex give the best offers but only as a trade-in. Hmm. Maybe I'll just keep hold of it for now and use it some more.

Soldato
I just spotted the refurbished 23/f2 on sale at the official Fuji store so I jumped on it. Not entirely sure it's the wisest choice as my other two lenses are the 35/f2 and the kit 18-55. But I'm really growing to like street stuff and love that "true" 35mm FOV. What do you think?

I also have a Helios 50mm, Nikon 50mm and 70-300mm (all manual, obviously) so I'm not completely desolate at the zoom/far end. I would like to save for a Fuji zoom but blimey-charlie they're all expensive.

EDIT: It was £287 for the 23/f2. Refurbished with full 12 months warranty (same as new). Surely that's a good deal?

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I just spotted the refurbished 23/f2 on sale at the official Fuji store so I jumped on it. Not entirely sure it's the wisest choice as my other two lenses are the 35/f2 and the kit 18-55. But I'm really growing to like street stuff and love that "true" 35mm FOV. What do you think?

I also have a Helios 50mm, Nikon 50mm and 70-300mm (all manual, obviously) so I'm not completely desolate at the zoom/far end. I would like to save for a Fuji zoom but blimey-charlie they're all expensive.

EDIT: It was £287 for the 23/f2. Refurbished with full 12 months warranty (same as new). Surely that's a good deal?

Assuming it's in like new condition which I believe it will be, it's a good buy.

It can be had cheaper from a grey importer, but at least your 12 month warranty is in the UK.

https://www.e-infin.com/uk/item/3138/fujifilm_xf_23mm_f/2_r_wr_lens_(black)

Associate

12 f2, 23 f1.4 and 35 f1.4 are pretty much all I use when out and about (usually just one lens, and 23 is such a good all round focal length). I find the 23 feels totally different to the 35! More "work" to use it effectively for some reason, but I reckon you'll love it.

Like you I have adapted 50mm and 70-200mm for the tele end. Very rarely use either though.

Soldato
Yeah cool. I think I'll be looking at the 55-200mm to cover the tele side. Seems pretty good quality for the price (well price compared to the other teles Fuji offer!).

I go through stages of loving the manual focus/vintage lenses. It's good fun if you're in the mood :)

olv

olv

Soldato
I can vouch for how good the 55-200mm is. It's surprisingly sharp.

Agreed, I really like mine. The variable aperture doesn’t even bother me which would normally annoy me.

Scam, I think you might be local-ish to me in South London so you’re welcome to borrow my 55-200 for a day if it helps.

Soldato
Thanks guys, I appreciate the input.
Scam, I think you might be local-ish to me in South London so you’re welcome to borrow my 55-200 for a day if it helps.
Very kind but with the purchase of the 23/f2 the 55-200 is not on the cards... yet :)

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Put an order in for the 35 1.4. Gone grey import from e-infinity. Looking forward to using this lens. I’ve had the 35 2 in the past which was good but need that extra light gathering for indoors photos.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
It arrived :) super quick delivery from e-infinity.

Fuji35_14.jpg

Fuji35_14-2.jpg

Fuji35_14-3.jpg

Fuji35_14-4.jpg

and a quick snap seeing that super thin DoF

Fuji35_14-5.jpg

Soldato
I visited Fuji House of Photography today to see a few cams in hand. Quite liked the ergonomics of the x100f.

Difficult to compare it with the xpro 3 out the back of the LCD screen. But the latter seemed considerably better image wise. Sharper less noise. I'll wait for the x100V.

Back
Top Bottom