A California church has spent almost a week trying to raise a 2-year-old girl from the dead

Soldato
They're literally hoping for a miracle - your "science" has nothing to do with it, heritic. And why shouldn't they? So many things can't be explained with science. I mean, for example, how do magnets work? Miracles.

B@

Soldato
bUNXwFD.jpg

;D

B@

Caporegime
'merica

Resurrected what though? Nothing can reverse brain death. Once the brain has been starved of oxygen for several minutes, all functions are corrupted and there's no hope for the person who was an individual to return as that individual, this is basic biology which overrules absolutely everything and why there is no documented or observed case of such a thing being possible in all history.

Not to be pedantic but there are some interesting instances of this happening, after a few hours and in some cases the individuals being revived and appearing to be fairly normal afterwards - tends to be in very cold conditions tho...

See this video - 7 kids in Denmark "died" or at least were clinically dead - hearts stopped, bodies cold for a couple of hours before medics even got to them... they managed to bring them all back after slowly warming their blood and restarting their hearts. AFAIK one teacher sadly did drown. Apparently they're back to normal now:

Man of Honour
Not to be pedantic but there are some interesting instances of this happening, after a few hours and in some cases the individuals being revived and appearing to be fairly normal afterwards - tends to be in very cold conditions tho...

Well yes, that's the point of cryostasis and other forms of cold storage.like it. The doctor in that case even states "when they are as cold as they were, we know there is a chance to resuscitate, they are dead, but not dead". And the BBC captions even explain why this case turned out the way it did.

This was no miracle, it was once again basic biology. It just so happened those kids fell into nature's freezer.

Soldato
See this video - 7 kids in Denmark "died" or at least were clinically dead

I just came to post this, resurrection is technically legit, but 4 days later ? nope, unless you want the human to be a vegetable

I do hope they're not storing the dead person in a fridge in hopes it will work :cool:

Caporegime
Well yes, that's the point of cryostasis and other forms of cold storage.like it. The doctor in that case even states "when they are as cold as they were, we know there is a chance to resuscitate, they are dead, but not dead". And the BBC captions even explain why this case turned out the way it did.

This was no miracle, it was once again basic biology. It just so happened those kids fell into nature's freezer.

I didn't say it was a miracle - you said (am paraphrasing here) that once the brain has been starved of oxygen there is no hope for that person to return as the same individual and there weren't any documented cases I'm just pointing out that actually there are some cases - in this case, with careful management of resuscitating them it seems they have survived in tact and with normal scans.

This isn't like "Cryostasis" - that is rather flawed and tends to damage the cells etc.. as it involves actually freezing them in order to (supposedly) preserve for a long period of time. These kids on the other hand essentially just had everything slowed right down, they would have perhaps been unrecoverable within a few hours longer.

Man of Honour
In normal circumstances absolutely. The case you linked isn't a normal circumstance. What happened there is extremely unique in that it was natural cryostasis. This doesn't mean people who die can later be frozen with hopes of also being revived.

Caporegime
In normal circumstances absolutely. The case you linked isn't a normal circumstance. What happened there is extremely unique in that it was natural cryostasis. This doesn't mean people who die can later be frozen with hopes of also being revived.

People being frozen with the hopes of being revived has nothing to do with that case - the reason I posted it was that it is an interesting situation/not normal circumstances and it was one of those rare cases where the brain could be starved of oxygen for a prolonged period.

Incidentally, on the subject of saving people - there have been experiments in the US where doctors have cooled people in A&E (say gunshot victims etc..) in order to give them more time to save them.

Back
Top Bottom