*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Soldato
Aj has publicly offered to fly to america and spar fury for his wilder rematch

now the cynic in me thinks joshua only wants to do that to test the water before agreeing to fight fury next year

if i was fury theres no way id spar joshua hes got the beating of him all day long imo

Caporegime
Don't rate the lad but that was a brutal punch from Dubois last night.
I think it’s bad judgement from you not to rate him. He has a solid amateur record, good movement for a big guy and punches like a mule. Even his jab got a knockdown last night. He’s already got a better skill set than AJ. Only question mark is his chin as it hasn’t been tested yet. Future world champion no doubt for me.

Soldato
I've seen enough from Audley and Pricey over the years to know don't believe the hype on British heavyweights fed on a regular diet of tomato cans!

When he beats a genuine contender I'll believe he's the real deal. Stick him in with Del Boy.

Soldato
I think it’s bad judgement from you not to rate him. He has a solid amateur record, good movement for a big guy and punches like a mule. Even his jab got a knockdown last night. He’s already got a better skill set than AJ. Only question mark is his chin as it hasn’t been tested yet. Future world champion no doubt for me.

I genuinely wonder if you watch the same boxing as other people Rob, he’s as wooden as plank of wood! Makes AJ look like naz prime :p

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Dubois vs Joyce is a good match up, and its a good test for them both. Both seem fairly similar, so judging by how this goes you can tell what level they really are at this point

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Has this just been announced ? When is it ?

Hasn't been formally announced, but Im hearing its likely to be early 2020. I think Joyce was supposed to have a fight this month but not sure whats happening with that, so might just skip that and go straight for the Dubois fight.

Plus it was actually supposed to happen last year but it got delayed for whatever reason

Soldato
So according to Tyson Fury on the news this morning he’s planning on not needing the judges for the Wilder fight. He’s also hired a sensei and has been training blindfolded to feel the punches... That should go well. :D

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

So according to Tyson Fury on the news this morning he’s planning on not needing the judges for the Wilder fight. He’s also hired a sensei and has been training blindfolded to feel the punches... That should go well. :D

ffs :D

Not gonna lie though, that presser seemed so dead compared to a typical Hearn presser, not even sure anyone even turned up the way it sounded!

Also how stupid and disrespectful was it to compare Wilder to the likes of Ali, Tyson and Lewis when his resume is 95% bums.

Soldato
ffs :D

Not gonna lie though, that presser seemed so dead compared to a typical Hearn presser, not even sure anyone even turned up the way it sounded!

Also how stupid and disrespectful was it to compare Wilder to the likes of Ali, Tyson and Lewis when his resume is 95% bums.

Wilders best win on his resume is Ortiz who in turn has the big names such as a faded Bryant Jennings, The highly acclaimed Malik Scott and the GOAT nominee - Dave Allen.

I don't rate Wilder at all but you can never right him off as he has that ungodly power in his right hand. It's an equaliser. Fury has to be perfect for 12 rounds whereas Wilder only needs to hit him once. Fury will be full of confidence this time as he won the last fight he just needs to not get dropped this time.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Wilders best win on his resume is Ortiz who in turn has the big names such as a faded Bryant Jennings, The highly acclaimed Malik Scott and the GOAT nominee - Dave Allen.

I don't rate Wilder at all but you can never right him off as he has that ungodly power in his right hand. It's an equaliser. Fury has to be perfect for 12 rounds whereas Wilder only needs to hit him once. Fury will be full of confidence this time as he won the last fight he just needs to not get dropped this time.

Tbf I do rate Ortiz quite high, but its just the fact hes about 40-50 years old (who knows his real age). If Ortiz was the same age as Wilder, I can see him battering Deontay pretty easily.

I do agree here though, his power is just freakish. 1 good hit is all it takes and Fury is finished. But then again, rewatching the first fight - Wilder got him pretty clean a couple times and somehow Fury still got back up.

I do think Fury will outbox him again, unless its a lucky punch from the gods from Wilder.

Soldato
Tbf I do rate Ortiz quite high, but its just the fact hes about 40-50 years old (who knows his real age). If Ortiz was the same age as Wilder, I can see him battering Deontay pretty easily.

I do agree here though, his power is just freakish. 1 good hit is all it takes and Fury is finished. But then again, rewatching the first fight - Wilder got him pretty clean a couple times and somehow Fury still got back up.

I do think Fury will outbox him again, unless its a lucky punch from the gods from Wilder.

I love all the Ortiz memes about his age. All the stories about him sparring with Hercules never gets old. Mind you, Ortiz had Wilder on queer street during their first fight until the doctor randomly decided to give Wilder more time to recover.
Fury was coming from a long lay off last time so he should be fitter and sharper this time (though he did fight two pies recently and Wallin gave him a good fight).

I'm hoping Fury can get past him. A Fury and Joshua fight would be massive and something I'd love to see. All the belts on the line in a UK stadium, would be something special.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

I love all the Ortiz memes about his age. All the stories about him sparring with Hercules never gets old. Mind you, Ortiz had Wilder on queer street during their first fight until the doctor randomly decided to give Wilder more time to recover.
Fury was coming from a long lay off last time so he should be fitter and sharper this time (though he did fight two pies recently and Wallin gave him a good fight).

I'm hoping Fury can get past him. A Fury and Joshua fight would be massive and something I'd love to see. All the belts on the line in a UK stadium, would be something special.

They are hilarious! Yeah the first fight I felt Ortiz was robbed, Wilder was saved by the ref and Ortiz was all over him. To be honest, even in their second fight, Ortiz won every single round against Wilder, but 1 punch had him floored and that was that which was unlucky.

Fury vs AJ would be huge, but I have no doubt in my mind that Fury would beat him comfortably. Wilder has that insane 1 punch power which is a threat to anyone, which AJ just doesnt have. I think AJ would try to outbox Fury and gets schooled. And if he tried going for the approach of trying to KO Fury, he would need to land several combinations to hurt and put down Fury rather than 1 punch. Not saying AJ's weak by any means, as he certainly carries more power than Fury, but hes just not hear Wilder's power, and even Wilder's power couldnt stop Fury in fight 1.

Back
Top Bottom