• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Which CPU for browsing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Keep burying your head in the sand. When I think of you, Jim Carey from Dumb and Dumber comes to mind where he sticks his fingers in his ears and starts saying la la la la la... :p

Stop comparing ****** laptops to PC’s!
:rolleyes: It's obvious to everyone else here expect for just one single person that the issue is not the CPU and that you do not need to upgrade an 8700K for web browsing. Though I do have an 8700K here and also a 3900X so I can do some tests just in case... :D

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
:rolleyes: It's obvious to everyone else here expect for just one single person that the issue is not the CPU and that you do not need to upgrade an 8700K for web browsing. Though I do have an 8700K here and also a 3900X so I can do some tests just in case... :D
Yeah. You are probably wasting you time though. The 8700K should be more than good enough for browsing.

Soldato
Yeah. You are probably wasting you time though. The 8700K should be more than good enough for browsing.
I was only joking. ;) Anybody with a modicum of common IT sense will know that a 8700K is more than perfectly fine for browsing and as the OP has already stated it is actually a software issue that caused the problem, which would also manifest itself even on a 3950X+.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I was only joking. ;) Anybody with a modicum of common IT sense will know that a 8700K is more than perfectly fine for browsing and as the OP has already stated it is actually a software issue that caused the problem, which would also manifest itself even on a 3950X+.
Indeed. Still can't get my head around how anyone with half a brain would recommend a 3950X for browsing. 4K8K goes around calling people trolls for calling him out for such things.

Associate
Thought I'd check this thread after seeing it mentioned in the image quality debate thread. They really are even more insane than I first thought!
How can one person be so extremely and so consistently wrong about everything they post with out doing it on purpose to troll?
Really is mind blowing.

Soldato
Thought I'd check this thread after seeing it mentioned in the image quality debate thread. They really are even more insane than I first thought!
How can one person be so extremely and so consistently wrong about everything they post with out doing it on purpose to troll?
Really is mind blowing.

Mind blowing has been mentioned many times in here!

BRB, going to spend >£700 for a Ryzen 9 3900X to improve my browser Kraken benchmark by 25-75ms.

Associate
I don't think that spending less money that some of us on here should make someone's opinion less relevant. However, in this thread we do have someone - who has no idea of how Windows scheduler even works - posting Task Manager shots from a 2500U while browsing (using all of 9%) and then linking £700 shopping carts so that someone can upgrade their already good CPU to a high-end AMD cpu for browsing the web.

What does this add to this forum? I'm pretty certain I've spent more money on AMD/ATi products than this guy over the past two decades (beginning with Thunderbird, 9700Pro, 9800XT, x800XT-PE, Athlon64, etc. etc.) but some of the replies on here are starting to remind me of the comment section of various hardware rumour sites like Wccftech, where what I'd best describe as "AMD trolls' post complete nonsense and probably actually weaken the brand name.

I'm not saying this guy is an AMD shill - otherwise we'd actually see him in some benchmark threads here with decent hardware. But there is an increase in the amount of patently absurd threads on here. I've been here since 2003 (then with a different username which I lost the details for during an absence) and I know a bit of trolling is part of the fun now and then. Yet at a certain point it can lower the overall quality of information available. As Rroff (Man of Honour) says here:

"There seems to be a huge increase lately of absolute ******** being posted. One of the reasons I've not been posting as much lately as I've run out of patience with it and have nothing constructive to post in reply."
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/32538347

And that's a thread where several pages are devoted to people claiming that VRAM doesn't matter and system RAM will be just as fast if you run out of VRAM (seriously, that was the case being made).

To quote Kaapstad (another Man of Honour):

"I don't understand some of the replies in this thread at all."
(from the same thread as above).

These are guys who know their hardware. If they become discouraged to post, this forum will lose its value as a resource.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom