FIFA 20

Soldato
Guys, is FIFA still worth getting now? or have I missed too much and be too far behind?

Yes and no, if you're a massive ******* like me who wants to have all the best cards in the game, you're probably too far behind the curve at this point to achieve that.

However if you're a more regular / casual player now isn't a bad time to join. TOTY drops soon so player prices will be incredibly low, so you should be able to build a decent meta team in a week or two - the challenge will be that you'll be playing people with 3 months+ experience on the game so will be at a distinct disadvantage to begin with, but it only takes a couple of weeks to get profficient.

Associate
Guys, is FIFA still worth getting now? or have I missed too much and be too far behind?

I've got my mate coming round tomorrow so just bought it (£25.70 using vouchers) so we can have a few games once the kids go to bed. Looking forward to giving this years offering a go.

Associate
Traded in a few games and used the money to buy a PSN top up card which I then used to get it off the store.

Don't want to put too much money into buying points but let's see.

Soldato
L2 jockey defending, don't sprint half as much especially in the middle/defense. Shoot near post, do a lot of ball rolls, drag backs and elasticos and dont pick the obvious pass all the time be unpredictable.

All good advice.

Add £2k worth of Fifa points and build a god tier squad.

Soldato
Trying the not sprinting as much, do mean when defending or when breaking from defence/middle
Most people don't know where your going to go if just dribbling from the middle of the pitch to the there box.

It gives you many more opportunities to turn back around and pass off when they press, ball roll them or just left stick dribble making it look like your going to go left then quickly change direction.

Drag backs in this game are so over powered you can't perform them fast enough when sprinting either, so removing that ability is an issue in itself.

I stopped sprinting unless running through on goal or in clear space down the line and it's helped me increase my possession % drastically.

Another thing I've introduced this year more than ever is taking my time and composing myself in the box, I sometimes overplay now but most of the time I trick my opponent who naturally expects an early shot where I will drag back or weave and pass it off instead to guarantee a better opportunity.

If only I could pass better, I'd be half decent. My passing percentages are poor compared to previous years and I've no idea why.

@Jimbeam3678 are you online? if so ill have a friendly or two with my untradables ill get smashed but im bored anyway :D

Last edited:
Soldato
In Squad Battles if you don’t keep playing and gaining XP (or whatever it’s called) does your rank drop as more people play and work their way up the rankings? I’m sure I was close to Elite 1 and now I’m back at Elite 3.

Back
Top Bottom