FIFA 20

Don
OP
The rights to the club, not the players. They will all still be in UT just under some weird Calcio club name. I'm not sure what version to go for. EA Access isn't worth the sub for me and I'd only be benefiting from the early trial.

Don
OP
If I do buy Fifa 20 I’ll be doing a “road to glory” style play through with no money added to the account. Don’t feel any motivation to purchase it right now though. Shame as I love playing football games.

This was my logic in 19. I put quite a bit of money into 18 and felt I had to play it for that reason and I pretty much had a complete team by Xmas and promptly stopped playing out of boredom shortly after.

19, i put £13.50 or something into it at the start and although I've sacked it off now, saving coins and slowly building up my team meant I felt it was a challenge and played it more. I still believe if you're a decent player than you don't need the mega, mega players to compete (as a casual player) which is why I was never drawn into spending money. I've got gradually worse with age but my W/L ratio is still okay. You were a decent player, milky, I doubt you need to spend the money you did in 19 to compete, but I'm sure you will do anyway :p

Don
OP
Indeed, I watched a youtuber (with sound off!) who never put a dime into the game but ended up with Ronaldo, Eusebio, Gullit, loads of super star players. He was decent and got 18-25 wins each week in the WL mind but ultimatey showed you could achieve a team that people would probably accuse you of paying for.

Don
OP
Hmm isn’t the companion app open to all though so you can still trade and get a team set up?

You can't play games to earn coins or buy packs with £ through the web app so trading is pretty difficult. I still haven't pre-ordered it, not really sure what version I want or if I want to use EA Access. Now the OTW player is out of the ultimate pack I don't think it's worth the expense, not sure it's worth spending £4 more for EA Access for the month just to get 10 hours game play earlier either.

Back
Top Bottom