Show Us Your Motors!

Associate
exhaust.JPG

Proper exhaust, next doors cat had his whole head in there the other day....... not while it was running you understand

Soldato
http://instagram.com/chrisatronic

Finally a chance to get the roof off! Absolute blast this thing, it’s so taught and chuckable. Not got 100% confidence in the front yet as it’s got dealer ditch finders on, getting sorted in a couple weeks along with a proper alignment check.

I really like these, but I think I've only ever seen one or two out in the wild. I assume they are a bit too raw to be a serious proposition for most.
How are you finding it in terms of handling? I seem to remember they got a bit of a panning in reviews, having rather fidgety steering IIRC...do they just benefit from a decent alignment setup?

Soldato
I really like these, but I think I've only ever seen one or two out in the wild. I assume they are a bit too raw to be a serious proposition for most.
How are you finding it in terms of handling? I seem to remember they got a bit of a panning in reviews, having rather fidgety steering IIRC...do they just benefit from a decent alignment setup?

it’s mega. It is raw and impractical, but that’s the point. The steering is very grabby, mine actually has the ‘fix’ from AlfaWorks which introduces more castor but even then it jumps all over.
It is my only car but fortunately I can walk to work atm so, probably only do 6-8k a year.

Awesome.

Where was that?

Cheddar Gorge :D. It’s a nice little run from mine, if you get clear roads it’s a lot of fun and the views are incredible once you’re down there. Only downside if you can call it that, the car is chuffing loud and it echoes around the whole place. Feels cool but you can tell everyone is just hating you.

Soldato
That's far too logical...:p well spotted though lol

Is it a good drive? I'd love a place to go and drive some nice roads and get some photo opportunities at the same time to push the new camera. It's 100 miles from me

I've not been since I was a kid, but I'm not sure it's more than a couple of miles long. So worth passing through, but I'm not sure I'd drive 100 miles just to experience it.

Soldato
I've not been since I was a kid, but I'm not sure it's more than a couple of miles long. So worth passing through, but I'm not sure I'd drive 100 miles just to experience it.

Yeah it’s an end point really not a road itself worth driving. You could make a day of it with some other bits though, Chew Valley / Mendip etc. Haynes even.

Back
Top Bottom