*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
So we have the original Switch which can be docked then we have the Switch Lite which cant be docked. Only leaves room for a "Switch" designed to sit under the TV like a PS4 and Xbox One!
Honestly I hope it is, gives me a reason not to buy another Switch :p

Realistically though it's going to be a pro variant with full switch capability.

Caporegime
I'll believe it only when I see Nintendo themselves announce it. Frankly speaking we have seen plenty of so-called articles "confirming" the existence of this Pro console. IMO its all just clickbait material for views.

I'd welcome a pro version, and would buy it for the spec bump...so I am not against it. I just don't believe that article. :)

Soldato
I'll believe it only when I see Nintendo themselves announce it. Frankly speaking we have seen plenty of so-called articles "confirming" the existence of this Pro console. IMO its all just clickbait material for views.

I'd welcome a pro version, and would buy it for the spec bump...so I am not against it. I just don't believe that article. :)

Digitimes don't do clickbait, and they've not stated the name of the console, merely that the new Switch will enter mass production Q1 '2020. They are an industry leading news source for all things supply chain related.

Associate
I for one believe they will release a Switch Pro - like how they did with the New 3ds.

I was quite annoyed because i had the normal 3ds XL and really wanted to play xenoblade chronicles but only was supported on the New 3ds. I get it they wouldn't be able to run it on the normal 3ds xl but hey can't justify another purchase just for a game. Thankfully they will remaster it on the switch.

Its a similar step they did with the DSi and so they will definitelly do it with the Switch. The thing is will they do the same as before and limit new games or will they force developers to support both consoles and not like how they did for the new 3ds? Also the new 3ds got a minimal non existend of new 3ds specific supported games. I prefer the PS4 and PS4 pro approach to be honest at least I would be able to play what the pro can play with lower specs.

Caporegime
I for one believe they will release a Switch Pro - like how they did with the New 3ds.

I was quite annoyed because i had the normal 3ds XL and really wanted to play xenoblade chronicles but only was supported on the New 3ds. I get it they wouldn't be able to run it on the normal 3ds xl but hey can't justify another purchase just for a game. Thankfully they will remaster it on the switch.

Its a similar step they did with the DSi and so they will definitelly do it with the Switch. The thing is will they do the same as before and limit new games or will they force developers to support both consoles and not like how they did for the new 3ds? Also the new 3ds got a minimal non existend of new 3ds specific supported games. I prefer the PS4 and PS4 pro approach to be honest at least I would be able to play what the pro can play with lower specs.
So they may well just call it the New Nintendo Switch and use an upgraded Tegra in it.

Associate
So they may well just call it the New Nintendo Switch and use an upgraded Tegra in it.
That is most likely what they will do, thing is if they will make exclusive content, or just scale the games to use the extra power. Hope they do the latter, but then that won't force people to buy another switch...

Soldato
That is most likely what they will do, thing is if they will make exclusive content, or just scale the games to use the extra power. Hope they do the latter, but then that won't force people to buy another switch...
Considering a lot of games already scale based on resource usage, including first party titles, I imagine it'll be the latter. The New3DS only had about 10 titles as well so I doubt they'll risk segmenting the playerbase with the Switch.

Associate
Considering a lot of games already scale based on resource usage, including first party titles, I imagine it'll be the latter. The New3DS only had about 10 titles as well so I doubt they'll risk segmenting the playerbase with the Switch.
Logic dictates exactly this, but then Nintendo's logic is not what common logic is.

My 3ds XL didn't come with a charger because their answer in an official statement was that you already possibly own a 3ds that came with a charger so why get another one!! If you want another buy an extra.. Kinda like what apple does nowadays I guess.

Soldato
Logic dictates exactly this, but then Nintendo's logic is not what common logic is.

My 3ds XL didn't come with a charger because their answer in an official statement was that you already possibly own a 3ds that came with a charger so why get another one!! If you want another buy an extra.. Kinda like what apple does nowadays I guess.
Fair point :p.

Only the likes of Nintendo could survive such BS as "You probably already have a charger". I only had one lying around because my sister had a DSi that she never used.

Associate
Fair point :p.

Only the likes of Nintendo could survive such BS as "You probably already have a charger". I only had one lying around because my sister had a DSi that she never used.
Indeed that is true, what sucks is we got 2 x 3ds XL one for me and one for my gf that year, so 2 XLs and no charger and I had no clue and felt like a dummy when I opened the box. As it was night couldn't charge the bloody things so had to go to my friends in another town to grab his standard 3ds charger and had to order and wait on delivery for mine...

Soldato
Still want a full blown power house system, shove a car battery on it I don’t care
Look what they did with Zelda and that crap Tegra chip, god knows what that would have turned out with Xbox one x specs. Just let me dream, no realist replies please ha

Caporegime
Are there even any new Tegras on the horizon? Remember there been rumors the OG Switch might use the X2 but ended up with a modified X1 right?
At best, even if they used a Tegra CPU that was twice as powerful, it still wouldn't be as powerful as the Xbox One (Not the X!) :p
And yet Nintendo have sold about the same number of consoles (~41m) in 4 years less time ;).

Caporegime
Tegra X1+

I never said it was about power anyway, just how can Nintendo justify upping the power if their current console sells, the only ones interested in the upgraded versions are those in the know, and those in the know, will know the performance pales in comparison to modern consoles, so whats the point?

Back
Top Bottom