• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

New US$85 - Ryzen 5 1600 AF - 6-core 12-thread CPU

Associate
The place I got mine from has the old box number (YD1600BBAEBOX) but if you hover over it you get an alternative part number (YD1600BBAFBOX) and is currently priced at £89.97. I can't give anymore clues than that without breaking the rules and pointing to a competitor.

Man of Honour
The 2700 is not much more than 2600, then the 3600 is not much more than 2700, then the 3700 is not much more than 3600, frickin' PCs, got to draw the line somewhere :o:D This is a good entry into 6 core and can stick the £15 or whatever into a GPU, though would be better at US prices. $ = £ :rolleyes:

Associate
could only find from America and once you factor in import tax not worth it

The 2700 is not much more than 2600, then the 3600 is not much more than 2700, then the 3700 is not much more than 3600, frickin' PCs, got to draw the line somewhere :o:D This is a good entry into 6 core and can stick the £15 or whatever into a GPU, though would be better at US prices. $ = £ :rolleyes:

on a budget that is how I think

yes a 2600 is about £104 now and a 2700 £135 ish but could really use that £30 extra for something right now

found them now its tempting on a tight budget at the minute so the 1600 af could well be top of my list and then wack in a 3700 at a later date

Last edited by a moderator:
Caporegime
on a budget that is how I think

yes a 2600 is about £104 now and a 2700 £135 ish but could really use that £30 extra for something right now

the thing is the 2700 is as low as £120 sometimes with borderlands 3. so sell borderlands you get a 2700 for 100.same with the 2600.is it worth it ?

Soldato
Lets just stop for a second and look back 2 years and take a look at what you could get for 85 pounds or around the 800DKK (i'm a dane) that this cost. Certainly not an 6 core/12 thread chip like this. You would be in the cheapo pentium section with what dual cores? or perhaps the long out of breath FX8000 series on sale?

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/u...entium-processor-g4500-3m-cache-3-50-ghz.html <--- jeezus, remember these being called the budget gamer's best friend? :p

Soldato
Lets just stop for a second and look back 2 years and take a look at what you could get for 85 pounds or around the 800DKK (i'm a dane) that this cost. Certainly not an 6 core/12 thread chip like this. You would be in the cheapo pentium section with what dual cores? or perhaps the long out of breath FX8000 series on sale?

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/u...entium-processor-g4500-3m-cache-3-50-ghz.html <--- jeezus, remember these being called the budget gamer's best friend? :p

You could get about 48% of a dual core i3 locked at base frequency with 3mb of cache.
Sad times.

Soldato
Seems these are still hen's teeth in the UK. Shame as one would be perfect for my lad's birthday PC upgrade in a month or so.

Anyone heard anything that indicates any prospect of more places over here getting some? OcUK ideally?

I've had a search for news of this but come up blank.

Soldato
Just buy it from who ever has it, if OCUK don't have it then maybe they should try harder.

Well, I've done a fair bit of searching and brought up the e-stores of the retailers I know sell who CPUs based in the UK. I've found two places that look like they have it, but they list both box codes for the AF and standard 1600 on their product pages so it doesn't look like there's a guarantee of which you'll get. One place has a few questions raised about ensuring they get the AF model, but with no responses.

I presume there's a reason OcUK aren't going for any stock of it, but it is a shame as it's a phenomenal value chip.

Associate
I didn't even know this thread existed otherwise I would not have created another one.

I got mine this week and it's a champ..

I'll do some more tests later and post them here

FDiPpuU.jpg

Soldato
Well, I've done a fair bit of searching and brought up the e-stores of the retailers I know sell who CPUs based in the UK. I've found two places that look like they have it, but they list both box codes for the AF and standard 1600 on their product pages so it doesn't look like there's a guarantee of which you'll get. One place has a few questions raised about ensuring they get the AF model, but with no responses.

I presume there's a reason OcUK aren't going for any stock of it, but it is a shame as it's a phenomenal value chip.

You can just pick up the phone and ask. If I'll tell you first hand the ones I've had since the end of December have all been AF. Can't tell you more for obvious reasons. :)

Soldato
You can just pick up the phone and ask. If I'll tell you first hand the ones I've had since the end of December have all been AF. Can't tell you more for obvious reasons. :)

Yeah, that's just down to a lack of trust of most retailers on my part, tbh.

(I've dealt in the past with one of the places I've seen it listed at, and had the situation where what I was told on the phone did not match the reality of their stock. It took them plenty of time sitting on my money to process a refund too...)

Interesting to know that you've been getting AF models for a while now, though.

Soldato
Seems these are still hen's teeth in the UK. Shame as one would be perfect for my lad's birthday PC upgrade in a month or so.

Anyone heard anything that indicates any prospect of more places over here getting some? OcUK ideally?

I've had a search for news of this but come up blank.
look on HDUK there seem to be some going on there for just shy of 80 quid

Back
Top Bottom