*** Zelda: Breath of the Wild ***

Soldato
Have played this little gem for the last 2 weeks, it's one of those games that start really hard but once you get the mechanics it gets much easier. I mainly concentrated on completing the game first which still took a lot of hours, about 25h. I have now clocked in about 50 hours and managed to do all 120 shrines.

There is just so much to do and if I decided to do a 2nd play though it would be so much easier.

Also it's one of those games that you constantly check online how to do things, without the knowledge certain parts of the game seem to be very challenging.

Haven't been this excited by a game for a long time, well worth playing.

Man of Honour
Have played this little gem for the last 2 weeks, it's one of those games that start really hard but once you get the mechanics it gets much easier. I mainly concentrated on completing the game first which still took a lot of hours, about 25h. I have now clocked in about 50 hours and managed to do all 120 shrines.

There is just so much to do and if I decided to do a 2nd play though it would be so much easier.

Also it's one of those games that you constantly check online how to do things, without the knowledge certain parts of the game seem to be very challenging.

Haven't been this excited by a game for a long time, well worth playing.

I spent 120 hours on it (all quests and all DLC, but only 500 ish korok seeds) but I didn't look up a single thing online as that really spoils open world games. The surprise, frustration, adventure and multiple solutions are a huge part of the game.

Hunting down that last shrine without cheating was such a thrill, I punched the air when I found it.

Soldato
I spent 120 hours on it (all quests and all DLC, but only 500 ish korok seeds) but I didn't look up a single thing online as that really spoils open world games. The surprise, frustration, adventure and multiple solutions are a huge part of the game.

Hunting down that last shrine without cheating was such a thrill, I punched the air when I found it.

I just don't have the patience to figure things on my own where there is so much to do.

Soldato
Aside from the seeds, finding everything else isn't too bad. I think I used a guide for one of the hidden shrines because accessing it required some rather fussy placement. I knew where it was and I'd been on the right track but would have wasted hours just trying to open it.

Soldato
Got this game to go with my switch 1.1 for Christmas. I haven't played it as much as I liked, but so far it seems pretty good. It took a little while to gel with me as the game seemed a bit empty and the shrines just gave me that vibe in oblivion where it's just another dungeon.
I found a few seeds, but I definitely don't plan to collect them all as I find I get bored of doing stuff like that. I really love the music in this game and the go anywhere style gameplay. The story is knowhere near Witcher 3 level, but it doesn't have to be as the world is really fun to explore.

Without spoiling too much apart from collecting all the seeds and doing all the shrines what else is there to do as I see some of you with over a 100 hours clocked up. I didn't get that for Witcher 3 with dlc despite doing everything, minus Gwent.

Man of Honour
Without spoiling too much apart from collecting all the seeds and doing all the shrines what else is there to do as I see some of you with over a 100 hours clocked up. I didn't get that for Witcher 3 with dlc despite doing everything, minus Gwent.

Collect and upgrade equipment (clothing), complete side quests, complete the main story quests, find special items, complete challenges for upgrades to special items.

Soldato
OP

There's snowball bowling and sand-seal racing... :)

Soldato
How you getting on now mate, loving it? You should have clocked up 100+ hours by now :)

I don't think I've even clocked half of that. I've sort of got stuck on what to do and just end up aimlessly making recipes and doing shrines. Gave it a rest now as I've got octopath traveller and Mario kart. Will go back to it at some point though.

Soldato
OP
I don't think I've even clocked half of that. I've sort of got stuck on what to do and just end up aimlessly making recipes and doing shrines. Gave it a rest now as I've got octopath traveller and Mario kart. Will go back to it at some point though.

I get sidetracked a lot with side quests but especially upgrading armour, need money to unlock the fairies and then collecting all the various upgrade materials which may including farming dragon parts etc.

Have you completed any of the divine beasts?

Soldato
I never actually finished this, I tend to revisit once a month or so, I just never really got into it. That said, I've had some really great moments in it that I'll never forget, they're just too far betwee the nothingness.

Soldato
OP
I started a new playthrough on Master Mode last night, man this is a lot harder...

Anyone else done a MM playthrough?

I've promised myself I won't use Amiibo to help but not sure that'll last unless my ability to parry and dodge significantly improves.

Back
Top Bottom