Spec me an LED Torch

Soldato
Recovery from laptop should be outside with a bucket of sand, long tough gloves as fires/heat are possible if the circuit isnt cut instantly in several places. Not all batteries in a pack will work but a few will and be ok for years.
Not once had a problem using just brute force myself...
But you could also just order a load of replacement cells from a supplier.

Soldato
How do you like my nitcore tm26 wheelchair holder I made and printed? Its not perfectly straight but it does the job, I dont need to hold it and thats the main reason why I made it. Its tilted slightly down and inwards so its a bit like a car headlight, its beam is in the middle of my chair pointing slightly down(dont know if you can see that from the pics)

I keep the torch fixed to my chair as Im in the chair more or less all the time. But I have made it easy to remove from the holder, and I have stuffed the end full of padding so it can't shake around in the holder.

zmJdEix.jpg

wz9v3ja.jpg

Soldato
No half measures there mate lol!! Nice idea and I like the location you’ve chosen. If you ever wanted to change the setup so it was movable, you could adapt a RAM mount used on motorbikes with one or two ball joints to give you many degrees of freedom so you don’t have to turn the chair to direct the light.

Soldato
How do you like my nitcore tm26 wheelchair holder I made and printed?
Looks like it does the job very nicely - Good job, Phil!!
How does the rear cap stay closed? Can you charge the TM26 while it's still in the holder?

If you ever fancy an idea for a bigger project, I know a costuming gal who replicated the Predator's shoulder cannon for her wheelchair - It has the full range of motion, with working head tracking so it pivots to point wherever she looks, and even hinges down to stow away behind the shoulder!

Soldato
Has anybody else ordered a Astrolux EC01 from Bangoood - if so, how long did it take to be shipped? Three weeks later and my torch still hasn't shipped. :(

Soldato
You might as well try the cheap zoomable devices that can cost less than £10. They normally run on 3x AAA, but get one that can run on an 18650 as well.
If it doesn't work, you've lost a few £, if it does you've got a bargain.

reporting back,
garbage tbh,

so back to spec another torch, need something with a nice tight beam up to 75-100m ideally chargable via usb and up to £50-60 delivered to my door, and preferably maglite 3d in size

Soldato
These are the two throwers I use, not sure if they meet all of your requirements though...

Lumintop GT Micro...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Flashlight...words=LUMINTOP+GT+Micro&qid=1580570841&sr=8-1

ThruNite Catalpult V6...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07C7PVXTS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I find myself using the GT Micro more than the V6 due to how compact and lightweight it is.

Like I say, not sure if they are any good to you but they are both excellent torches, imo.

There's some good reviews of both on Youtube.

Soldato
Just popping in to thank those recommending the Astrolux EC01/Samsung 40T. Great photonic bang per buck, now I've finally used it in anger. Well, not anger... mild grumpiness as I struggle to do the right number of presses to get it out of flashy mode I keep accidentally finding. Think I might need to squint at the instructions and engage muggle mode. :) USB(C) recharging built in is very handy.

Underboss
im struggling to understand these Rechargeable batteries
i thought 1450 was the mAh , but doesn't look like it

so im trying to use Google to help me understand all this, but im confused with it all

Currently looking at "Nite Core"

would this work ?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nitecore...406331&hash=item2ce2859614:g:vzQAAOSwiwZcLe-E

would a Panasonic AA battery charger work with it ? or do i need a special charger ?

Soldato
im struggling to understand these Rechargeable batteries
i thought 1450 was the mAh , but doesn't look like it

so im trying to use Google to help me understand all this, but im confused with it all

Currently looking at "Nite Core"

would this work ?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nitecore...406331&hash=item2ce2859614:g:vzQAAOSwiwZcLe-E

would a Panasonic AA battery charger work with it ? or do i need a special charger ?
That torch takes either 14500 batteries or AA batteries. 14500 refers to the size of the battery - @14mm diameter and ~50mm length.

Back
Top Bottom