Home Office Chair £300

Associate
A real nice looking chair but damn, they're anything from £809 to £1,187 new depending on the frame style/coating one goes after.

Yeah I tried one out in John Lewis to ensure it was comfortable before looking around for 2nd hand or refurbished ones.

This one is in really good knick, there are some minor cosmetic scuffs on the wheel base which could be painted over and small scuff on one of the arm backs but other than that I think it was a steal for £200!

Soldato
For the £150 price, the Markus chairs are hard to beat. They are extremely comfortable, great lumbar support and come with 10 year warranty. They recline about 45 degrees and as a bonus they look great as well, which I can't say for some of the Hermam Miller chairs.

Associate
think it was a steal for £200!

Yes it was! I was looking for an aeron (with posture) for ages on 2ndhnd and it just didn't come up. I ended up going for the Mirra and, well, I hate it to be honest.

The seat base is OK but the back is hard plastic! I think they are very overrated IMHO but perhaps I should have coughed up the 1K from JL for the Aeron..:rolleyes:

Soldato
For the £150 price, the Markus chairs are hard to beat. They are extremely comfortable, great lumbar support and come with 10 year warranty. They recline about 45 degrees and as a bonus they look great as well, which I can't say for some of the Hermam Miller chairs.

Fixed arms and seat, can't be that comfortable.

Soldato
The noble chairs look nice (maybe more “gamer” aimed than I was looking for) but after watching a few YouTube reviews plus reading a couple of different threads on here they seem to get positive feedback by the majority.

I’ve seen the SteelCase and Herman Miller names pop up multiple times while conducting some research, are they really worth the money though?

I love my Mirra 2 chair but please try them all first before dropping the money on one, even a reconditioned one.

Soldato
The noble chairs look nice (maybe more “gamer” aimed than I was looking for) but after watching a few YouTube reviews plus reading a couple of different threads on here they seem to get positive feedback by the majority.

I’ve seen the SteelCase and Herman Miller names pop up multiple times while conducting some research, are they really worth the money though?
Herman miller, the rolls royce of office chairs. Wish i could afford one :o

Man of Honour
Herman miller, the rolls royce of office chairs. Wish i could afford one :o
Not too expensive if you get a used ex-office clearance one. I have one at work and they are good for long office hours. But no headrest kills it for me for home.

Soldato
Not too expensive if you get a used ex-office clearance one. I have one at work and they are good for long office hours. But no headrest kills it for me for home.

see above mine only cost me £50. had it over 3 years now and it's still flawless.

Nothing ever closes down around here :o, its hard trying to find a good bargain these days except for fleabay but prefer to view before buying.

Soldato
Been looking for a chair
All this gaming chair stuff that's popular now is distracting me though
Are you paying a gaming premium
So to speak
Colours and the look etc

Or you guys think herman miller is the holy grail?
Expensive yes
But luckily for me I have a relative who furnishes big company offices in London
And some of the stuff they replace is absolutely top end
Recently did one and the cost could buy a ferrari
The woman walked in and decided don't like the colour scheme after all
Replace the whole lot please so paid twice
Don't like asking him for something for nothing ~but know he won't charge me even if I insist
But in this instance should I cosy up to him for a herman miller chair he's taken out an office?

Associate
Or you guys think herman miller is the holy grail?

Having used various Herman Miller, Humanscale and Steelcase chairs I keep buying Steelcase Leap over the years. Now bought three from new with high spec so £900 - £1K and still have two. The one I sold was about 17 and I only replaced it as the fabric didn't match my current home office and needed a new gas strut (part was still available from Steelcase).

High end chairs are a very personal choice depending on posture, back health etc, but for me the Herman Miller chairs are the least impressive. Steelcase Leap (v1/v2) work for me but I also like the Humanscale freedom its just the motion doesn't fit with what I need most of the time.

There are some great bargains to be hand on second hand and refurb chairs in these ranges so well worth a look as the difference is night and day to cheaper chairs especially if you spend a lot of hours on them.

Soldato
Having used various Herman Miller, Humanscale and Steelcase chairs I keep buying Steelcase Leap over the years. Now bought three from new with high spec so £900 - £1K and still have two. The one I sold was about 17 and I only replaced it as the fabric didn't match my current home office and needed a new gas strut (part was still available from Steelcase).

High end chairs are a very personal choice depending on posture, back health etc, but for me the Herman Miller chairs are the least impressive. Steelcase Leap (v1/v2) work for me but I also like the Humanscale freedom its just the motion doesn't fit with what I need most of the time.

There are some great bargains to be hand on second hand and refurb chairs in these ranges so well worth a look as the difference is night and day to cheaper chairs especially if you spend a lot of hours on them.
Thanks that's helpful
Was going to ask a family member
Who outfits offices with furniture
For a favour
But he's been diagnosed with a
Serious illness so don't want to bother
The poor guy
So will look out for something nice
Second hand I think

Associate
Hey everyone,

I’ve recently started working from home more and decided that the requirement of a “home office” is needed, I’ve already got a monitor, peripherals and desk but I seem to be struggling on choosing a decent chair.

If I’m totally honest this definitely isn’t my area of expertise so I thought I would come here and seek advice, I’ve got around £300 to spend and want something suitable for extensive sessions of editing and design work (8+ hours on regular occasions).

I’ve seen that a lot of chairs are based around height/weight so to aid the process I’m 5’7” and around 70kg

Thanks a lot,
mfavour Ergonomic Office Chair Mesh Chair Heavy Duty Office Chair is what I plumped for. £140 for the most comfortable chair I've ever... its available in the retail jungle.

Back
Top Bottom