Head of Chartered Management Institute suggests "sports chat" be "curtailed" at work

Soldato
The thing about Arsenal is, they always try to walk it in!

IT Crowd covered this 11 years ago. I have next to no interest in half the "gossip" that goes on in the office but just a few mins keeping up to date on whatever is being discussed regularly is a lot easier than not being involved and helps keep morale up.

Caporegime
OP
The thing about Arsenal is, they always try to walk it in!

IT Crowd covered this 11 years ago. I have next to no interest in half the "gossip" that goes on in the office but just a few mins keeping up to date on whatever is being discussed regularly is a lot easier than not being involved and helps keep morale up.

Nah, balls to this.

I'm not going to pretend to like something to try and keep up with a conversation. Many times I've zoned out when friends started talking football down the pub - luckily i'm not the only non footie fan in our group of friends so there's usually someone else to talk to.

Soldato
what a ******* clown.

"It's very easy for it to escalate from VAR talk and chat to slapping each other on the back and talking about their conquests at the weekend." really? don't ever recall footie chat naturally escalating to who i humped at the weekend. what a bizarre thing to say and makes me question her mental ability.

similarly i suppose, in her mind, that it's also very easy to escalate from Love Island talk and chat to talking about the size of the new guys knob.

You'll be safe then ;)

Soldato
Nah, balls to this.

I'm not going to pretend to like something to try and keep up with a conversation. Many times I've zoned out when friends started talking football down the pub - luckily i'm not the only non footie fan in our group of friends so there's usually someone else to talk to.

You could always just start insisting they talk about something everyone can participate in :p

Permabanned
I couldn't think of anything worse than working in a field or department with all women who will not shut the **** up about reality TV shows and stars. So I get her point, somewhat. Here's the thing though. I'd simply tune them out of the conversation and get on with my work.

Soldato
Doesn't seem like a sensible message for the head of the cmi to be giving; where it becomes about the purposeful erosion of male traits rather than promotion of a balanced and productive work environment.

This is not constitutional to the cmi charter.

White CEO feminist? No thanks.

You can be pretty sure that Ann Franke doesn't support all women in her efforts now cant we.

There should be no space for her regressive views on acceptable gender norms for adults.

My stunning friend Davina for example is both a keen spectator and player of football and thanks to her athletic frame is doing quite well playing on the pitch as well as in her other sporting pursuits on the cycle track , weight lifting and MMA fighting when she's not pursuing her interest in autopogonophilia.

True feminists should be seeking to smash the capitalist patriarchy not be attempting to co-opt its corrupt power structures for the benefit of a small set of already privileged, overwhelmingly white women!

Caporegime
White CEO feminist? No thanks.

You can be pretty sure that Ann Franke doesn't support all women in her efforts now cant we.

There should be no space for her regressive views on acceptable gender norms for adults.

My stunning friend Davina for example is both a keen spectator and player of football and thanks to her athletic frame is doing quite well playing on the pitch as well as in her other sporting pursuits on the cycle track , weight lifting and MMA fighting when she's not pursuing her interest in autopogonophilia.

True feminists should be seeking to smash the capitalist patriarchy not be attempting to co-opt its corrupt power structures for the benefit of a small set of already privileged, overwhelmingly white women!

Hear hear, you preach sister!

Back
Top Bottom