• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 5700 XT Owners Thread.

Associate
Well I'm on my second card now..
3700x with 16 gig ram

First one was horrendous constantly stuttering and very low fps,did clean install on everything updated bios etc but decided to send it back as I thought it has to be faulty and a new one will be ok ...

Just installed second card ,jitter bugs have gone on some games but I'm getting 50 FPS tops playing at 1440p on all games.

Warhammer 2 (stuttering ahoy)
Subnautica (struggles with this game! my 1060 puts this card to shame)
Battlefleet gothic( 2nd card ironed out the unplayable stuttering at least)
Grand theft auto IV (45fps!?)

Am I unrealistic or is this poor!? 1060 equals and betters this card

Something isnt right, 1440p on RDR2 and im getting 76fps using the hardware unboxed settings.

Associate
Managed to drop my card down to 1900/970mv, sits around 75c, after a long gaming session yesterday the Jct temp hit 92c but the GPU itself still sits around 75c while the card RPM tops out at around 2100rpm which isnt loud at all.

im really impressed with the card.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
im really impressed with the card.

Alchal wasnt..

Well I'm on my second card now..
3700x with 16 gig ram

First one was horrendous constantly stuttering and very low fps,did clean install on everything updated bios etc but decided to send it back as I thought it has to be faulty and a new one will be ok ...

Just installed second card ,jitter bugs have gone on some games but I'm getting 50 FPS tops playing at 1440p on all games.

Warhammer 2 (stuttering ahoy)
Subnautica (struggles with this game! my 1060 puts this card to shame)
Battlefleet gothic( 2nd card ironed out the unplayable stuttering at least)
Grand theft auto IV (45fps!?)

Am I unrealistic or is this poor!? 1060 equals and betters this card

I would agree there is something else up with the system, although I understand not many people like the troubleshooting side and want it to just work. My biggest gripe when people choose to do that is the problem has manifested and not dealt with and can cause issues later on (regardless of make).

What really cements it is receiving another card and the problem was still there. Switching to another brand has just masked the problem but hey ho! :) (also referencing this post below)

I was getting complete stuttering with mine, tried DDU and 2 different drivers to no avail.... returned the card and got a 1080 and all stuttering has gone

Soldato
Trying to advise a cousin of mine but unsure which one is best. If buying a 5700xt which is the best card period and which is the best card close to the £350 price point?

Soldato
Weird all these issues people are reporting. I've had none however...I had fresh install of W10 on X570 and only ever used 5700XT drivers, no legacy or Nvidia leftovers messing things up.

I suspect if people put their card in a similar system most of the issues would disappear.

Associate
Weird all these issues people are reporting. I've had none however...I had fresh install of W10 on X570 and only ever used 5700XT drivers, no legacy or Nvidia leftovers messing things up.

I suspect if people put their card in a similar system most of the issues would disappear.

I doubt it Ive had a reference card and also now a nitro se.. With the b450 and 3600. Seems be certain driver updates for me seems be the issue. If card runs on stock settings perfect. Bit stuttering in certain games tho while using a controller. Also fresh insalll was done while installing the Nitro.

Soldato
That is default for me, unless I switch to silent bios for 1750mhz?

That is odd though. We both have the same card. I'm playing MW/BO4 and UV work fine for me (although I was able to tweak the voltage down a little). I cannot explain why those settings don't work for you.

The only difference is that I also use MSI Afterburner so I can use it's On Screen Display while gaming. I use wattman to undervolt and save those settings on MSI AB. I like MSI AB because I can use Erase Autosave Startup Settings. I think I posted a pic before about it.

GPU Clock 2070
1080Mv
PowerLimit 10%
Memory Clock 1750
Fan speed shouldn't exceed 60% because temps wouldn't go higher then 60 degrees.

One thing I notice though is that when you type in 1080 in Voltage of Wattman 1st then go up to Frequency and type in 2070 or 2075 it will auto change the voltage. Did you notice it do that for you (Fine Tuning Control)?

Soldato
Here's a pic of the msi card in my pc and even though its a small case the cards runs in the 50's-60's while gaming, all at stock speeds though. Sorry about the glass reflections. I dont see the point having a large case if your not going to use all the room up as it only takes up more desk space.. I like small and discreet, even though I have a huge screen..lol

9mE7oyC.jpg

Cnfa2Ie.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom