Monzo/Starling Banking/Revolut

Man of Honour
I’ve been having similar issues. They’ve said it’s something to do with how Revolut has been classified. It used to be a financial institution and so banks would allow top up/cash transfer however this has now been changed to something else and banks now won’t allow it. Not sure what the fix is other then transferring via the IBAN but that takes a few days.
That's frustrating, are there any alternates which work in the same way, allowing you top top up with a card and without (or with low) fees?

Soldato
Lloyds Bank, Halifax, Bank of Scotland and TSB are doing exactly that.
Source:
https://moneyfacts.co.uk/news/banking/lloyds-and-tsb-announce-overdraft-changes/
https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/n...bank-of-scotland-to-charge-up-to-49-9--inter/

It's not a cop-out, they're not going to divulge their risk algorithms are they? Do you kick off when you don't get the advertised APR when applying for a bank loan for the same reason? They are, after all, extending you credit. It's their prerogative at what rate they choose to extend this at.

I'm not kicking off pal, I'm allowed my opinion on them. So like I have said they are now no different than your average high street bank, apart from they don't have a high street presence.

Maybe I have been lucky enough to always get the advertised rates on the few loans I have applied for.

Associate
Anyone having an issue with revolut card top-ups?

I've always used my Santander card to add money to the Revolut account, but today it asked me to open the Santander app to verify everything.

So I did and everything was authorised on the Santander side, but when I go back to the revolut app on the phone it's saying top up failed?

I tried it twice

Working fine for me with Santander debit card.

Soldato
Wonder if their other customers will lose trust given the reason they present for moving out of the UK Market.

Is it really due to Brexit, given you did not enter the UK market until 2018?

Soldato
Opened a Monzo joint account (and a normal one but happy with Santander for now as my main one) on Sunday and got the card today.
I love the instant notification - especially when I saw my partner bought cakes at 2pm! Seems like a good app and nice and easy to use. Only thing I’d like it to do is say which person used their card when buying things.

Man of Honour
Opened a Monzo joint account (and a normal one but happy with Santander for now as my main one) on Sunday and got the card today.
I love the instant notification - especially when I saw my partner bought cakes at 2pm! Seems like a good app and nice and easy to use. Only thing I’d like it to do is say which person used their card when buying things.
I was with Santander years ago, I had my business account with them as well. They were terrible, customer services lied to me, they randomly blocked cards and payments, I had no end of problems.

Soldato
OP

It does let you know ago spent what. It shows the picture of them next to the transaction

Soldato
OP
Ahha, so it does. I was looking for a filter or something but I see there's a little picture there. However, is there a way to filter it or anything?

That little magnifying glass in the top right would be your friend. Can filter based on person, shop, date range, value >, value < and location

Soldato
OP
I've never had any issues paying at pump with Monzo. Used at my local tesco, asda, morrisons and shell.

I used to have issues when Monzo was still a pre-pay card but never since moving to a full on bank account

Back
Top Bottom