Phillip Schofield comes out as gay

Man of Honour
[..] Please note, when you refer to people of "higher status group identity" then you're losing my interest pretty rapidly. I'm talking about real people who actually exist, not figments of someone's imagination.

Then you're ignoring reality and there's no point replying to you. It might be nice if politics didn't exist, but it does. Ignoring it doesn't make it go away. I'm not even sure what a world without politics would be or how it could exist.

Man of Honour
Rumors he had sex with an underage boy. That's what's going around at least.

I'm not buying it. Firstly because there's no evidence and secondly because it's not plausible even if it was true. Being gay is worth some brownie points and gets him a fair bit of good publicity but it wouldn't outweigh that. It would barely register in comparison, as useful in mitigation as putting up an umbrella just before an avalanche drops on your head.

Caporegime
I do hope the noncing rumours aren't true, was a big fan as a kid etc...

There is a massive amount of irony though given his David Cameron interview back in 2012.... he presents Cameron with a list of 5 rumoured paedos that he found on the internet, Cameron then warns him about starting a witch hunt re: gay people.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-20265581
Mr Cameron, who did not look at the list, said he was "worried" that speculation about unproven allegations could lead to a "witch-hunt particularly against people who are gay"

fast forward 8 years and look who is the subject of internet rumour now...

Caporegime
I'm not buying it. Firstly because there's no evidence and secondly because it's not plausible even if it was true. Being gay is worth some brownie points and gets him a fair bit of good publicity but it wouldn't outweigh that. It would barely register in comparison, as useful in mitigation as putting up an umbrella just before an avalanche drops on your head.

I dunno, it could be used for deflection when questioning a dubious age gap relationship.... like assuming everything was above board and took place when the subject of the rumour was over 16... the subject of the rumour does seem to be someone he's known (followed on twitter) when younger than that (15) and has seemingly now been professionally involved with him in a junior position since then - before the alleged bust up and move to position on a different show - incidentally hosted by Ruth, someone Phil has had a very public spat with (see the awkward moment at the NTAs) and then this coming out story being released.

If it were a straight relationship then the appropriateness of the (alleged) relationship given his position, age gap etc.. would likely be pretty open to criticism/mockery if true, I suspect people would tread a bit more carefully if mocking an age gap/potentially dubious (but legal) relationship between two gay men.

Soldato
I dunno, it could be used for deflection when questioning a dubious age gap relationship.... like assuming everything was above board and took place when the subject of the rumour was over 16... the subject of the rumour does seem to be someone he's known (followed on twitter) when younger than that (15) and has seemingly now been professionally involved with him in a junior position since then - before the alleged bust up and move to position on a different show - incidentally hosted by Ruth, someone Phil has had a very public spat with (see the awkward moment at the NTAs) and then this coming out story being released.
There is a photo with this lad when he was 10 years old and Schofield was a patron at his acting school. But yeah, they definitely connected on Twitter when he was 15. The lad has now pretty much removed all trace of himself from the internet the same week that Schofield came out, and he also disappeared from the Dancing on Ice credits in the same week.

According to Perez Hilton it looks like there might be some kind of gagging order:
https://mobile.twitter.com/ThePerezHilton/status/1228046383674011648

Soldato
There is a photo with this lad when he was 10 years old and Schofield was a patron at his acting school. But yeah, they definitely connected on Twitter when he was 15. The lad has now pretty much removed all trace of himself from the internet the same week that Schofield came out, and he also disappeared from the Dancing on Ice credits in the same week.

According to Perez Hilton it looks like there might be some kind of gagging order:
https://mobile.twitter.com/ThePerezHilton/status/1228046383674011648
If it's true, it's bound to come out eventually.

Caporegime
If it's true, it's bound to come out eventually.

I dunno, I mean Jimmy Saville was noncing on a huge scale and it only came out after his death... and that was with hundreds of cases.

Again though not saying there is necessarily anything to these Schofield rumours.

Man of Honour
I dunno, I mean Jimmy Saville was noncing on a huge scale and it only came out after his death... and that was with hundreds of cases.
I dispute that. I was told about Saville's noncing in the late 70's or early 80's. The police knew and so, presumably, did the BBC and many around him.

Soldato
I dispute that. I was told about Saville's noncing in the late 70's or early 80's. The police knew and so, presumably, did the BBC and many around him.

Back in the 70's everybody I knew thought Saville was creepy.

(We even used to say "Watch it, or we will get Jim to Fix you!" :p )

As for Phill

On the Radio today

"Webuyanycar" advert.

I wonder, are they going to have a special section now for people who want to trade in their old cars so they can buy a left-hooker and drive on the other side! :D

Back
Top Bottom