• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Associate
My guess is Nvidia will take the opportunity to use Covid-19 as an excuse to price the new cards silly again. I mean supply and demand after all. They can then lower prices again later in Q4 just before consoles come out.

It would not surprise me but that said if the virus go`s on into the summer months over in China`s part of the world new products will be very thin on the ground. In which case higher prices by default.

Caporegime
My guess is Nvidia will take the opportunity to use Covid-19 as an excuse to price the new cards silly again. I mean supply and demand after all. They can then lower prices again later in Q4 just before consoles come out.
Yup, I bet this is a gift to them, undoubtedly (or at least they bloody well should be) aware of the resentment of a large chunk of their customers at recent pricing, along comes a gift-wrapped excuse to just keep on milking the cash cow customers.

If this Covid-19 crap kicks off big time though (unlikely IMO but, you never know) then GPU prices and supply will be the least of our problems......

Associate
I seem to always be in this predicament every time a new generation drops. I should wait, but then rumours start of delays and price hikes and it makes me want to jump on the current price point and generation.. Really hope the prices are not hiked too much when the next cards drop. Gotta rely on AMD rocking the boat I guess as far as prices are concerned.if Big NAVI has an amazing ppp then nvidia will have to respond

Soldato
My guess is Nvidia will take the opportunity to use Covid-19 as an excuse to price the new cards silly again.

Since when have Nvidia needed an excuse to engage in price gouging...It's only customer stupidity, willing to indulge such absurd prices, that keeps prices going up.

If people are consistently stupid enough to pay, Nvidia are smart enough to cash in

Associate
I think with Covid 19 we're looking at a smidge over 2K for the 3080ti, probably £2250-2400. Then in the Autumn they'll drop back to £1750.

If this is the case then im done with it.. if they're still hiking the prices with the consoles getting better (yes i know theyre never going to be as good) then im out

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I am thinking that it's worth upgrading to the previous generation, not the current one. previous prices should be just right at that point. so when 3080 hits, buy 2080 :)
That does not make sense to me, better off buying a 3070 or maybe even a 3060. That way you have latest gen and will benefit from driver improvements and also will likely have much better RT :)

HRL

HRL

Soldato
If the prices don't come down then I won't be buying the next gen.

Probably going to pick up a PS5 anyway but that's besides the point. I'd better not mention to the kids about the 2080Ti hand me down until I've seen the 3### gen prices!

Associate
That does not make sense to me, better off buying a 3070 or maybe even a 3060. That way you have latest gen and will benefit from driver improvements and also will likely have much better RT :)

I don't need to have the latest gen and I am sure as hell not paying 1000+ for a GPU. I'd rather wait for price drops and if that means being behind by a generation or two then that's fine. My GTX 1080 is still more than capable :)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I don't need to have the latest gen and I am sure as hell not paying 1000+ for a GPU. I'd rather wait for price drops and if that means being behind by a generation or two then that's fine. My GTX 1080 is still more than capable :)
Sure that is fair enough. But what I am saying is, no point in looking at the names. Just look at the performance and cost. Usually the old cards that get cheaper is because the new cards have improved price for performance. Like say when the 1070 came out it made the 980Ti prices plummet to similar levels of the 1070 rrp.

What I am saying is, which one would you rather have, the 980Ti or 1070? For me it would be the 1070 every time.

Soldato
If the prices don't come down then I won't be buying the next gen.

This and if they use the excuse of coronavirus to increase official prices,they can keep them IMHO,as its less money spent on beer if everyone is stuck inside! :p I have a GTX1080 in my main rig,and have plenty of games in my Steam library already,so I can wait a bit longer for the raytraced future.

Back
Top Bottom