• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
I want a reverb, but want to get a GPU that can push Project Cars 2 with the same settings my 1080Ti is pushing my CV1 Rift. (A 2080Ti would still have me turning down some settings with the extra resolution)

Soldato

GAC

GAC

Soldato
heres a fun thought while we carry on waiting for whatever to happen.

just imagine big navi ships and it matches a 2080super with similar ray tracing performance then nvidia drop ampere which has a 5-10% bump in performance but double the ray tracing performance being nvidias 2nd gen, now would anyone on a 2000 series card get the new version of their card just for the extra ray tracing and minimal bump in overall performance or would you feel a bit let down.

Associate

just imagine big navi ships and it matches a 2080super with similar ray tracing performance then nvidia drop ampere which has a 5-10% bump in performance but double the ray tracing performance being nvidias 2nd gen, now would anyone on a 2000 series card get the new version of their card just for the extra ray tracing and minimal bump in overall performance or would you feel a bit let down.

I imagine it would come down to evaluating how important you think raytracing is going to be over the next few years. As I have a 20xx series RTX card, I'd probably just wait and see for now.

HRL

HRL

Soldato

No chance. Didn’t buy a 2080Ti for RT, so wouldn’t buy a 3080Ti just because RT is twice as powerful. Give us a >40% boost in performance, plus twice the RT, then I’ll consider it. However, even that depends on price.

Associate
Would be hilarious that, seen as its rumoured to be about 30% faster than the 2080Ti :p

And I'm sure *this time* AMD and AMD fanboys aren't just hyping things out of all proportion ahead of time. You know, like with the navi release, the vega release, the RX480 release....

Frankly I wouldn't believe performance 'rumours' from either red or green camp until neutral reviewers have got their hands on them and done some real-world testing.

Caporegime
OP
And I'm sure *this time* AMD and AMD fanboys aren't just hyping things out of all proportion ahead of time. You know, like with the navi release, the vega release, the RX480 release....

Frankly I wouldn't believe performance 'rumours' from either red or green camp until neutral reviewers have got their hands on them and done some real-world testing.

:p

Back
Top Bottom