Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Which part was this?

and this?

What else do you want him to do, ignore it? Anything he did was going to 'panic' the markets, it's how they earn a lot of their money, so it happens as he had to do something.

It's what out Boris should have done over a week ago, but he was too weak to do it. Now lots more people will get the illness and die because of his inaction.

No he was meant to come out and speak to the country to reassure them. That is what the POTUS normally does. Not Trump though. The senile and incompetent was how many basic facts he got wrong which then had to be corrected later. That caused more damage to the markets than the actual message that he was blocking people from the EU. I mean eh actually said he was stopping all trade with the EU!!!!

Soldato
Yeap, because only a bad President says "thoughts and Prayers" and thinks that will solve everything, right?

Yeap, only bad Presidents :D

Yeah the difference is Obama hadn’t screwed everything up until that point. Rather than thoughts and prayers action and genuine concern weeks ago would have served those he is supposed to serve better.

Soldato
He's the only President stupid enough to take credit for stock market gains.

The trouble with that is, you have to then take responsibility for the loses.

As Evangelion said, The stock market has lost every cent of the $11.5 trillion it had gained since Trump's inauguration.

Cool story Vince.... Shame that, like a lot of the output from yourself and the rest of the 'crew', it's a demostrable partisan lie though......

Obama in August of 2014 said:
Let’s look at the facts,” Obama said. “Since I have come into office, there’s almost no economic metric by which you couldn’t say that the U.S. economy is better and that corporate bottom lines are better. None.”

Of course Obama became POTUS in 2009, just after the worst damage was inflicted by the 2008 financial crisis.

So it would have been quite an achievement, on the part of any president, for the US economy not to have shown some considerable improvement in such a time frame..... absent of some other global crisis of course.

And well over a year before the end of his second term Obama was busy patting himself on the back about the improvements in peoples retirement plans (which are heavily invested in the stock market in the states) in an interview.

Obama in June 2015 said:
Obama listing his 'achievements' ....
In relation to Ronald Reagans "are you better off? ' question

"When I restore people's 401ks ..."....

(Starting at around 37:44 minutes)

Of course come late 2015 / early 2016, still well into Obama's presidency, and at around the same time as we are at now in the four year US election cycle, there could have been a pandemic like the COVID 19 virus (which has caused stock markets globally to crash).

So presumably, had such a scenario occurred at that time instead of now, Obama would have also looked 'stupid' in your view?

And of course Trump's past, often bombastic, pronouncements about his role in the US economy were made against a backdrop of numerous claims made before/earlier in his presidency that he would (apparently absent of any global crisis) cause the collase of the US economy which hasn't happened as claimed.

Last edited:
Soldato
So Obama made some comments 6 years in to his Presidency in an election year but moving towards legacy mode. Trump has been crowing about the markets from pretty much day 1. If Obama has been doing it through 2009-10-11 you might have a point.

So you think he handled the financial crisis was mediocre? That’s pretty much what your suggesting with

“So it would have been quite an achievement, on the part of any president, for the US economy not to have shown some considerable improvement in such a time frame”

Well Obama did have the N1H1 in 2009-10. Trump has claimed several times that Obama’s handing of it was a disaster (which it wasn’t) that he failed to close the borders which he indeed didn’t do but as it originated in Mexico and was already in the US that would have been completely pointless. He did however...

Contrary to Trump’s suggestion that the Obama administration did “nothing,” officials declared a public health emergency early in the H1N1 outbreak, secured funding from Congress and ultimately declared a national emergency, as we’ll explain below.

On top of that, the CDC sequenced the new virus, created testing kits, and the Food and Drug Administration approved multiple vaccines, among other actions.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/trumps-h1n1-swine-flu-pandemic-spin/

face it Trump has handled this badly from day 1 and politicised it and it has turned around and bit him in the arse. You can polish a turd all you want but it’s still a turd.

Soldato
And the TDS crew have been crowing since day one that Trump would crash the economy (implicitly without there being a need for a global crisis in order for this to happen).

Trumps is wrong to compare COVID 19 to H1N1 because the former is looking to be a far more serious affair as you own link suggests it will be.

re H1N1 said:
While that death toll may sound high, it’s over an entire year and, in fact, ended up being far lower than was initially expected. The strain of influenza also turned out to have a case fatality rate of just 0.02% — well below even many typical seasonal influenzas.

Everything that’s known about the new coronavirus so far suggests that it’s an entirely different beast than its most recent pandemic predecessor. Peter Jay Hotez, a professor and dean of the tropical medicine school at Baylor College of Medicine, told us that the new virus, which is known as SARS-CoV-2, is considerably more transmissible and more lethal than H1N1.

Last edited:
Soldato
Indeed so perhaps instead of saying it was nothing, would pass with what was it 10 cases? Using the word “hoax” which was always going to be taken by lots of the public as meaning it’s a hoax, he should have been making sure there were enough testing kits, also giving orders to allow people to be tested. Take the politics out of it. Instead it’s all about protecting him, it’s always about him. He’s the worst kind of personality type to be a executive because he can’t put others before himself. He’s a narcissistic sociopath. Wanting something to not happen doesn’t make it so, he can’t belittle this, he can’t call it names on twitter and make it go away. This is all on him now because on his very first crisis he failed to put the nation before himself. I’m amazed there are still those of you defending this idiot. He really could shoot someone on 5th Avenue :rolleyes:

Soldato
I assume you’re as outraged about The Trump admin blocking states from using Medicaid to treat people with Coronavirus.

So you haven't read that the nancy pelosi wanted $1 billion for state paid abortion.
The bitch reworded it so she may have got it.

She also wanted $billion for her state CA. Which I do not agree with.

Using this virus as a weapon is disgraceful.

Soldato
So you haven't read that the nancy pelosi wanted $1 billion for state paid abortion.

Where would you read such a thing?

I know this is only GD where the lunatics are allowed to post, but surely £1bn for abortion would have made the news somehow and you could cite a non lunatic source.

Of course you can't though, because as usual you're talking absolute rubbish.

https://www.mediamatters.org/corona...ponents-hype-misinformation-about-coronavirus

Soldato
And what has trump screwed up in your life?
Can not wait for your answer.

The US is doing very well thank you... ;)

What location are you in currently?
The US, like everywhere else is about to do very badly.
The stocks loss have cost me immensely.
It started when the markets realised he had no idea what was going on, and his the 15 will soon be zero, was looking like complete tripe.
Then everything went to pieces. Now it is a 'national emergency' and he still doesn't really have a handle on it.

Soldato
And what has trump screwed up in your life?
Can not wait for your answer.

The US is doing very well thank you... ;)

Well his terrible response to this, pretending it wasn't happening, followed by his car crash of a speech from the Oval the other night has absolutely had an affect on the markets. That effects us all. The POTUS should be a calming influence for the rest of the world, he should LEAD, thats what being the leader of the free world is all about. This job is so far above his intellect it isn't funny. His first crisis and he hasn't got a clue what he's doing. If you think his actions or inactions don't have an effect on everyone you are being naive in the extreme.

Soldato

I’ve seen 2 Trump supporters saying it. Why don’t you post a link so I can educate myself.

Interesting that you’re not bothered about Trump blocking people from getting the care they need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom