• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Caporegime

Installed these yesterday, running great all bar one weird thing, RDR2 runs fine @ 4K, GTAV won't launch @4K, it plays fine if I change the resolution to 1440P, refuses again to launch if I swap back to 4K, if roll back to 442.50 both are quite happy to run @4K ???

Can't make my mind up if its the drivers or a R* **** up or something I've missed :o :D

Caporegime
Game Ready Driver v442.74 Released.

Game Ready for DOOM Eternal
The new Game Ready Driver provides the latest performance optimizations, profiles, and bug fixes for DOOM Eternal.

Fixed Issues
  • [Red Dead Redemption 2]: The game shows a black screen after switching windows with [Alt+tab]. [200597531]
Known Issues
  • [SLI][Doom Eternal]: Corruption occurs in the game upon opening the Steam overlay. [200593967]
  • [DOOM Eternal]: Error occurs in the game while capturing Super Resolution (AI Upres) Image with Ansel.[200597765]
  • [Doom Eternal]: The game frame rate drops when using the Steam in-game FPS counter. [200593988] This issue also occurs with non-NVIDIA graphics hardware.
  • [DOOM Eternal][HDR]: The game flickers when OS HDR is set to OFF and in-game HDR is set to ON.[2874172]
    To work around, enable “Play HDR games and apps” from the Windows HD Color Settings menu.
  • [Call of Duty: Modern Warfare]: Game may display white flashes when player approaches a wall. [2887940]
  • [Call of Duty – Warzone]: Freestyle does not work. (200593020)
  • [Forza Motorsport 7]: The curb may display a black strip during a race on certain tracks. [2781776]
  • [Zombie Army: Dead War 4][Ansel/Freestyle]: The Ansel & Freestyle tabs are unselectable. [2810884]
  • [Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege][Vulkan][G-SYNC]: When playing the game in Vulkan mode with G-SYNC enabled, flickering occurs after switching the game between full-screen and windowed mode.[200578641]
    To work around, either disable G-SYNC or play using an API other than Vulkan.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/doom-eternal-game-ready-driver/

Permabanned
Installed without issue unlike the previous 2 buggy driver that gave a lot of people issues (I had to jump through hoops to install them),

I think it was the audio driver part that caused the failed installs TBH.

Caporegime
GeForce Game Ready v445.75 WHQL Released

Game Ready for Half-Life: Alyx
The new Game Ready Driver provides the latest performance optimizations, profiles, and bug fixes for Half-Life: Alyx. In addition, this release also provides optimal support for Resident Evil 3, Ghost Recon Breakpoint’s Ghost Experience update, and the addition of NVIDIA DLSS 2.0 to Control and MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/half-life-alyx-nvidia-dlss-2-0-game-ready-driver/

Man of Honour

DLSS 2.0 is amazing. But even before it were started to see AI upscaling with DLSS overtake native resolutions in some games whilst increasing both fps and visual quality. This is the holy grail of gaming really. Higher quality visuals with higher framerates. For DLSS 2.0 the games will need to be updated as it's a big network overhaul. Reading around, games like Metro Exodus won't be updated anytime soon which is a shame as I've now completed it. Control on the other hand will be getting updated.

Newer titles should support it though?

What a great time to be a gamer!

Caporegime
HOTFIX INCOMING..

Hello, Performance seems good but Assassin's creed Odyssey crash with image sharpening enable :(

Borderlands 3 crashes with these on launch. Previous driver was fine.

NVIDIA
Yes this is a known issue. We are in the process of testing a fix.

If you have Image Sharpening enabled in the NVIDIA Control Panel, then you should be able to launch the game by disabling this feature. It is a known issue. We are working on a fix.

Man of Honour
I read some reviews of Young Blood and it seems a bit crap to be honest and referred to as a sheep in wolf's clothing given the bar set by the previous games so I've decided to not even bother with it.

Back
Top Bottom