Doom Eternal

Soldato
On my system at 1440p, Ultra Nightmare settings with that dynamic resolution option off I'm getting well over 100fps. It's mostly 120fps+. Lowest I've seen it drop to it's high 80s.

Would definitely have expected more from your system

Soldato
Had to do a level again because I forgot to do a glory kill challange.

Oh lordy! There is something to be said about turning on cheats and just going crazy with the BFG/Unmaker!

Caporegime
I've seen mine drop to as low as the mid-40s though my card wasn't overclocked during that period of play. Most of the time I get around 55 and way above, and it feels very smooth, too.

Soldato
2080ti and 3950x

game generally runs at 1440p 120fps easily... but every now and again the frame rate will drop to exactly 50fps, the gpu and cpu look like they're are just idling during this time and then it stays like this for 2 minutes and then suddenly the framerate shoots up to 120fps again.

It's the most bizarre thing I've ever encountered

also, when I turn on HDR the framerate locks itself to 30fps and the screen constantly has black flickering.

this game is super buggy

Soldato
getting bored of this game now, i hate the times jumps, levels where its had to see what to do, or where to jump... and areas where you need a times jump, then another shortly after but if you fail the second you gotta do the first again... not enjoying it as much as the previous one.. or titan fall 2 (which has some sort of difficult jumps in)

Caporegime
I'm at the point where I'm about the fight the priest's demon, how far am I into the game so far? About a third?

Resolution scaling...is dynamic the one I should use or doesn't it really matter?

Last edited:

VTR

VTR

Soldato
What a pile of garbage, got so frustrated I've had to uninstall it. Enemy weak points, limited ammo, almost forcing you to use certain weapons, shocking platforming, pink goo where you can't move properly, flame thrower and grenade launcher, way too much going on and completely ruined the feel and flow of the game. Installing Doom 2016 now to replay instead. Probably the biggest disappointment I've had in gaming :( Doom 2016 I couldn't put down, this just frustrates me every time I play it, can't believe how wrong they have gotten it, wish I bought it on Steam to refund.

Caporegime
Thought I was doing alright, killed the slayer first time then warped to the next bit and killed the next, only to finally succumb to a number of them.

ne0

ne0

Associate
2080ti and 3950x

game generally runs at 1440p 120fps easily... but every now and again the frame rate will drop to exactly 50fps, the gpu and cpu look like they're are just idling during this time and then it stays like this for 2 minutes and then suddenly the framerate shoots up to 120fps again.

It's the most bizarre thing I've ever encountered

also, when I turn on HDR the framerate locks itself to 30fps and the screen constantly has black flickering.

this game is super buggy

I've not had any such issues, 2080ti also. I wouldn't be so quick to blame the game...

Soldato
I've not had any such issues, 2080ti also. I wouldn't be so quick to blame the game...

considering how many other people I found complaining about frame drops I think it's the game.

same goes for the other issues, HDR black k screen flickering and invisible map in HDr is frequent complaints for Nvidia users.
Just google it and see all the issues

I literally had to disable HDR because the map is invisible when HDr is on - how does **** like this pass beta testing....

Last edited:

VTR

VTR

Soldato
One thing I couldn't knock was the performance, i7 6700k @ 4.5Ghz and an overclocked 1070Ti, highest settings, just motion blur and resolution scaling disabled and it was 90-120FPS regular with some drops to 60FPS :)

Playing Doom 2016 again now and loving it, will finish it then give Eternal another go, I've rage quit everytime I've tried to play it so far though, have got to the 4th level, does it improve?

Soldato

considering how many other people I found complaining about frame drops I think it's the game.

same goes for the other issues, HDR black k screen flickering and invisible map in HDr is frequent complaints for Nvidia users.
Just google it and see all the issues

I literally had to disable HDR because the map is invisible when HDr is on - how does **** like this pass beta testing....

So I found the culprit. The game absolutely hates any sort of overlay. Disable steam overlay, disable windows gaming overlay and close riva statistics server. Performance drops gone

Soldato
What a pile of garbage, got so frustrated I've had to uninstall it. Enemy weak points, limited ammo, almost forcing you to use certain weapons, shocking platforming, pink goo where you can't move properly, flame thrower and grenade launcher, way too much going on and completely ruined the feel and flow of the game. Installing Doom 2016 now to replay instead. Probably the biggest disappointment I've had in gaming :( Doom 2016 I couldn't put down, this just frustrates me every time I play it, can't believe how wrong they have gotten it, wish I bought it on Steam to refund.

I'm glad it's not just me, though what's the issue with weak points and I think the limited ammo is trying to make you play smart, but overall I'm not enjoying it anywhere as much as 2016.

ne0

ne0

Associate
I'm loving this game, it's frickin amazing and so addictive. The various options for attack are overwhelming at first but once you learn the key binds and get into your rhythm it's really really fun and so satisfying to play, making you feel like a complete badass. I actually love the fact that it forces you to manage ammo and use your chainsaw; it's all about strategy rather than just pow pow pow until things are dead. Also, the music is just on top. I suppose it helps that I love heavy metal but I'm literally grooving out whilst playing this lol

Caporegime
I'm really enjoying it too. Bit of a slow burner, but the more you progress the better it gets, IMO. If you're after a more traditional Doom game from the off then I can understand those that might be a bit disappointed. I'm glad I stuck with it, well worth it. :)

Associate

Just play on easy then you can ignore all the equipment and just one shot everything with a basic shotgun

Back
Top Bottom