Black Mesa 1.0 coming to Steam March 5th!

Man of Honour
Well I enjoyed that. Had to think a few times, but mostly ran through. A good bit of nostalgia and some nice reimagining. Xen was beautiful, but a little tedious at times - better than the original, but could have been slightly shorter.

Soldato
Its basically a HD pack for a 20+ year old game - £15 is a joke.

No one is forcing you to pay for it. Don't buy it if you don't think it's worth it...

Played through the original free release when it was first released. Decided to buy the steam version when it was in early access. Cant remember how much I paid for it but its was definately money well spent :)

Soldato
Bought it a little while back. Updated the final version and will play it fully soon.

Just a note on audio issues. Just restart the game. I got crackling and weirdness on the first load, was resolved with a restart.

Caporegime
They've made it harder, just done the bit in the labs, where you rescue the scientists, so they can open the door into the main area, and all the Marines come in, took me a bloody age this time :D

Soldato
The revolver and crossbow works especially well for that part, one shot to the face and they go down fast.

As an aside, i’m stuck! I’m at the teleporter to Xen, I do the event, get told to jump in and when I do the screen goes white, then there’s some animation with Nihilanth, then it crashes! No error, just halts. I can still go into the menu to exit but the game itself is stuck.

Associate
Curious to know what people think of this game if that ever played the original?
I had played it a couple years back (or more) when they had released the first bit minus the Xen levels as it was under development. But really enjoyed playing through it and it was good fun. I presume now they have improved it even further. Wasnt a big fan of Xen levels with the original so on the fence about buying this, having finished the levels up until Xen.

Caporegime
I just can't beat the big bollock crab, its bloody solid. :(

I played the original when it first came out, and this is a brilliant version, Xens much better, and a lot bigger, i hated the original Xen, i always stopped playing when i got to that part.

Its definitely worth buying, if you liked the original, you'll like this one too.

Caporegime
Gave it another go, done the bit in the big cave with the vorts, where you have to plug those cords about, and blow them weird air bag things around the Green pipes, now in a big cave with those big dudes, who've got the alien claw weapon job that you've got, fires those fly things.

Should have had the final boss on Xen, that alien jungle planet was great, after that, its very poor, i hope im near the end :p

Back
Top Bottom