Doom Eternal

Soldato
Eternal started off well for me but the more I played it the more I disliked it. They've basically turned this into a cluster**** with enemies coming out of every orifice and it gets tiresome, fast. They also made the absolutely bizarre decision of barley giving you any ammo, despite twice as many (if not more) enemies on screen at any time. This is to get you to use the chainsaw but I felt forced into using it, 2016 the chainsaw was a last resort.

I was glad to finish this to be honest, much proffer DooM 2016 to this.

ne0

ne0

Associate
10/10 for me, honestly I wouldn't change a thing. I think the limited ammo and the way it forces you to use ALL of your available resources including the chainsaw is a very clever design decision and just adds so much depth to the gameplay instead of just shooting things. I loved 2016 but i barely used the chainsaw as didn't really see the point. The options the game gives you in terms of upgrades, mods and attack options is just superb and constantly challenges you to think quickly and make the right choices. I'm enjoying this game a lot more than 2016 as I love a game that forces you to think and play strategically.

Graphics are absolutely stunning, I think we can all agree on that at least.

Associate
10/10 for me, honestly I wouldn't change a thing. I think the limited ammo and the way it forces you to use ALL of your available resources including the chainsaw is a very clever design decision and just adds so much depth to the gameplay instead of just shooting things. I loved 2016 but i barely used the chainsaw as didn't really see the point. The options the game gives you in terms of upgrades, mods and attack options is just superb and constantly challenges you to think quickly and make the right choices. I'm enjoying this game a lot more than 2016 as I love a game that forces you to think and play strategically.

Graphics are absolutely stunning, I think we can all agree on that at least.

What he said! :D. I haven't finished it yet, think I'm on the last mission though.

Soldato
Finished it yesterday on second from hardest difficulty and loved it. Going to start a campaign on the hardest difficulty soon.

Not sure why people are complaining about the difficulty of the jump sections. They're all pretty obvious on where to go and very forgiving. I can understand people who feel there are too many jumping sections but the difficulty is pretty low and even then the combat and music easily make up for it.

Associate
Finished Doom Eternal this afternoon, took my time with it. I had a blast, really enjoyable single player.

The platforming is so easy it's a nice bit of down time between the intense fights, I actually liked it and it's a credit to the games pacing. Doesn't take long at all to get accustomed to.

So many other positives to this game, too many to shout out but i'll just leave with two: The game engine is superb; The guns and upgrades are incredibly satisfying to use.

9.5/10 for me :)

Soldato
same thing with me the difficulty inst too bad but the amount of enemies that appear is utterly stupid my ammo runs out quick even though i move around and pick up spare, i chainsaw kill enemies too to get more but quickly get overwhelmed, each ai has a weapon you must use to effectively kill them and half the time my ammo inst there to do it, don't know why but every time i dash out of the way with in a 0.5 of a second the ai are on me and a couple of melee hits from brutes and i'm dead, it can get very frustrating at times :( overall i give it 6/10 I'm going to replay and try to pick up the cheat codes to help me through

Associate
I just installed this game earlier today and I decided to wack all the graphics up to high and set the res at my TV's native 2160 at 30hz all on a i3 8350k and a RX580 I am pretty darn impressed how the game ran and looked.

Associate
So much fun, a solid 92% for me. Played on ultra violence difficulty and despite getting killed constantly I was always smiling through it. It was challenging but very rewarding in the tougher fights.

The ammo situation was a bit frustrating, in a couple of longer fights it felt I spent more time dodging around trying to find trash mobs to chainsaw than actually focusing on the bigger enemies. After nailing the flow of combat it did work well, however I'd still prefer they increase ammo capacity by at least 25-50%.

Associate
quite liking it so far, but in the heat of the moment im like should i be chainsawing this guy, then like oh no i needed health, and im always looking at the ammo counter because it goes down so fast, be nice if they had a doom mode with lots of ammo and less focus on spewing rainbow goodies to you, i understand they wanted you to always be thinking, but it can get a bit tiring constantly having to get glory kills and chainsaw for ammo, platforming sections are an ok change of pace from the combat and the game runs like a dream, great engine, still a solid FPS and surely be a candidate for GOTY i would give it a 7.5 outta 10

Soldato
Rapidly getting frustrated with this :( Got to a bit over a pit of lava with an arachnatron and cacodemons and I just get killed repeatedly. It's not a patch on doom 2016.

Head straight for the Arachnatron, pick up the damage boost on a rock platform on the way, microwave it (plasma mod) and it will die quick due to the damage boost. Then head straight for the Reaper and do the same while the damage boost is still active. Watch out for the big guy, use the air boosts to good effect, slow motion sticky grenade him. Keep moving. You'll get the hang of it. I'm not a very fast player at all and I did it on Nightmare (did die a bunch of times... hadn't been using the air boosts + slow motion to my advantage offensively).

And as Aztec2Step said, just one sticky bomb and glory kill deals with a Cacodemon, if you shoot at the right moment.

Back
Top Bottom