Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord

Associate
Yep the campaign is pretty much a more polished and better looking version of the first from the quick look Ive had (campaign map is still very low quality graphics!). But the same objectivites of building an empire.

The multiplayer is great although the servers are rammed and there's limited seige servers - captain mode multiplayer is unbelieveable - 6v6 leading a unit of AI. It really looks likes an actual battle which you cant get from mordhouse/chivalry etc. Its a lot of money for EA but I'll defintiely get the hours out of it. Obviously the mods will come for the game later on and will make it better and better.

Soldato
Finding this really frustrating. I am trying to talk to a certain noble. I check the encyclopedia for his location, but everytime I get to that location, he has moved somewhere else. One time it said he was still at a castle, I couldn't find him inside it, so blocked the only route out (bridge from an island) in hopes that he would have to run past me and I can collar him. Even though I checked he was still there when I went to bridge, he still just appeared randomly somewhere else.

Other than that, the game is great :(

Soldato
Finding this really frustrating. I am trying to talk to a certain noble. I check the encyclopedia for his location, but everytime I get to that location, he has moved somewhere else. One time it said he was still at a castle, I couldn't find him inside it, so blocked the only route out (bridge from an island) in hopes that he would have to run past me and I can collar him. Even though I checked he was still there when I went to bridge, he still just appeared randomly somewhere else.

Other than that, the game is great :(

That was an issue in previous ones as well and you had to keep talking to other nobles/ their wives to find current location.

That’s a massive download.

Can you play co op on this?

Not in early access

Soldato
Unfortunately crashing for me in my current game. Hoping they'll upload a new fix soon, and that sorts it.

Enjoying it a lot, and not surprised with the issues, considering it's early access and the beta was multiplayer only.

Associate
Loaded it up last night for a little play. Running people down on horse back is pretty soothing. Not so soothing when i get knoacked off and die quickly. but it's pretty good thus far. I'll give myself 500k later and build the best army ever and ROFL stomp the map.

Soldato
Trying to find a companion who can do trade, to run a caravan for me. Getting tired of running around making money, want someone else to do it for me.

Found a scouting companion though, and suddenly I can see parties from miles away, which is quite handy.

Associate
I've set myself up as a bit of a raider down in the desert. I've been running around cleaning up the bandits and their hideouts when they crop up, whilst also doing errands on the side for a few of the Aserai and Khuzait characters. I've got decent relations now to recruit some better troops and have started attacking Empire caravans and civilians, filling up on loot and then retreating back south to sell and restock on supplies.

I had a close call where I attacked a small party after they were in a battle, I took the leader character and some high level troops hostage but was immediately chased by another 3-4 large armies that where sat just outside of my line of sight. They were even on speed and chased me all the way back to the desert where I hid in a city and had to wait around for a while until they left. Got some nice loot from that though!

Associate
Anyone come across this quest "Beware of the Company of Trouble quest"

The mercenaries are literally sucking me dry and there is no way to get rid of them. And I cannot convince any lord to take them off my hands. Feels broke unless my social is too low.

Soldato
It's as much of a time sink as the earlier ones. Loving it.

Got some OK money now, building up some OK troops. Need to align myself with a faction I guess to start moving further forwards.

Associate
It's as much of a time sink as the earlier ones. Loving it.

Got some OK money now, building up some OK troops. Need to align myself with a faction I guess to start moving further forwards.

Yeah its the usual story. Your clan level 0, 1, 2 decides what you can do for a faction. Level1 is a merc and you get a small payment each time and I'm assuming Level2 is where they give you a village to run which im working towards currently but its slow going!

Soldato
Right, need to boost my clan level then. I'm a mercenary now, had a few fights, fought 2 enemy lords at once, against a larger force, damn near died but managed to stay on my horse and get my cav to me, split the enemy force that way and whittled them down. Only problem was, I went from an army of 60 to an army of 10 :(.

Soldato
The main game is open world, levelling etc... Combat is a little easier than Kingdom Come but you build armies and fight with them in this rather than by yourself.

Played a few hours so far and its a lot more polished than the previous versions. The economy as changed quite a bit which is good.

Back
Top Bottom