****The Nintendo 3DS Thread****

Soldato
I sold my 3ds xl late last year or maybe earlier this year due to lack of use. However lately ive been wanting to try the dragon quest ds/3ds games and wonder if its worth picking up for these?

How is the 2ds as a cheaper alternative? The xl was good but i found the larger screens didnt do jaggys much justice

Associate
Associate
I've just bought a 2nd hand n3DS XL to keep my amused while I'm working away during the week (got at pearl white in as new condition for £120 -- quite pleased).

I bought Pokemon Moon and am quite enjoying it, but I was hoping to get some game recommendations as I've never paid much attention to the 3DS before. Do you guys have any?

Depends on what you like, the 3DS isn't quite good for button mashy games, but the 2DS might be. In which case pick up any of the Monster Hunter games (for massive timesink RPGs)or Smash Bros for a fun brawler. I find the best games are ones you can take your time on, pick up and play anytime like Pokemon. There's still the other Pokemon games and IMO, Pokemon Moon is missing some amazing features they had in OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire, get one of those.

Phoenix Wright is an awesome series and are must play. The first 3 are available in a 3DS remake on eShop, Apollo Justice is only on DS, but DS games work on 3DS (backwards compatible) so you're fine picking it up on the cheap. The other, newer ones are made from the ground up for 3DS. IMO, best narratives I've experienced on the 3DS (I never played the DS versions till after I got the 3DS). It's sort of like a detective/visual novel type thing. You have to figure out the truth to prove a suspect of innocence in court, obviously with a lot of unrealistic modifications, since court doesn't work that way IRL lol.

Mario Kart is a good shout, can't go wrong there. The Legend of Zelda games are good, especially A Link Between Worlds, some of them you can now pick up cheap brand new since they're being sold as 'Nintendo Selects'.

Permabanned
Just got the new 3DS XL today as well after much debating. Got Mario 3d land,Luigis mansion 2 and Xenoblade for it but Im going to get Bravely default and Fire emblem tomorrow as well. Impressed.

Soldato
I loved monster hunter but fiddily controls stopped me playing eventually! Though i believe the newer ds has a 2nd analog nub which would have helped greatly! (Circle pad pros were scarce when i had mine)

Back
Top Bottom