****The Nintendo 3DS Thread****

Soldato
Sorry for not replying earlier. Thanks for your post. :) I didn't realise that the older 3DS from 2012 are still considered a good buy? I assumed that the new 3DS XL from summer 2015 were the go to options.

Personally it makes more sense to me to buy a newer version of something, even if it is a bit more and maybe not all that much better. I want to see what games I could buy that I'd like before I splash out on any of the 3DS XLs.
Just to be sure, as your posts read as if you could be slightly confused.

A 3DS XL isn't necessarily the new one, there is an old 3DS and an old 3DS XL.

If you're after the latest versions make sure they say 'new' on the box and check for things like the c stick by the buttons.

I found it confusing initially when looking.

Soldato
Just to be sure, as your posts read as if you could be slightly confused.

A 3DS XL isn't necessarily the new one, there is an old 3DS and an old 3DS XL.

If you're after the latest versions make sure they say 'new' on the box and check for things like the c stick by the buttons.

I found it confusing initially when looking.
Confused? Me? Never! ;):o

Yeah I first saw the new 3DS XL for about £165 and was thinking about getting that one. It wasn't until it was said that the new 3DS XL wasn't necessarily that much better than the old 3DS XL that I was a bit confused. :)

Associate
Confused? Me? Never! ;):o

Yeah I first saw the new 3DS XL for about £165 and was thinking about getting that one. It wasn't until it was said that the new 3DS XL wasn't necessarily that much better than the old 3DS XL that I was a bit confused. :)

an extra 10fps would qualify as a lot better, for me at least.

Associate
How do you play this game? I keep dieing all the time.

Using the press turn system to abuse weaknesses to gain extra turns, correct party management and just being mindful of everything you are doing. Battles can go down quickly if you just bash away mindlessly. I've only played SMT 3 but it plays very similar.

btw its less than half the game that persona4 golden is.

I've only played Persona 3:FES and Persona 4 on the PS2. Persona games are not supposed to be that challenging. You play them for the story and the aesthetic. SMT games are designed to be hard. You can't just face roll through them like you can in Persona. I like both franchises but prefer the darker challenge of SMT games and social links don't do anything for me.

Soldato
Thought I lost my Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition pre-order :o. Wasn't showing up under my orders on my GAME account and I must have deleted the confirmation email. Thankfully it was nice and easy to get the order number from the Live Chat.

So many games I'm looking forward to getting for the 3DS. Bravely Second, Dragon Quest 7 & 8, Zero Time Dilemma, Ace Attorney 6 and Fire Emblem Fates. The 3DS' lineup is constantly getting stronger and stronger.

Associate
Thought I lost my Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition pre-order :o. Wasn't showing up under my orders on my GAME account and I must have deleted the confirmation email. Thankfully it was nice and easy to get the order number from the Live Chat.

So many games I'm looking forward to getting for the 3DS. Bravely Second, Dragon Quest 7 & 8, Zero Time Dilemma, Ace Attorney 6 and Fire Emblem Fates. The 3DS' lineup is constantly getting stronger and stronger.

I'm having the same problem, I cant get into game to find my order, tried emailing and the person seems dumb as bricks and couldn't understand me. Feels like I don't have my order now and its a toss of the coin as to receiving it. :confused:

Associate
One thing to note of the New 3ds is that it comes with a faster CPU (or maybe a higher clock). Either way if you are planning on installing one of the custom firmware 'hax', you can unlock the extra horse power in all 3DS games. I haven't got this myself, but I believe this can help smooth out FPS drops you may get in hectic moments (like in some Pokemon battles).

The 3dshacks subreddit on Reddit is worth a read over for any 3DS owner interested in such custom firwmare

Associate
I'm having the same problem, I cant get into game to find my order, tried emailing and the person seems dumb as bricks and couldn't understand me. Feels like I don't have my order now and its a toss of the coin as to receiving it. :confused:

Received an email from Game saying my order is being packaged and will be delivered soon, the package is listed as "" which doesn't inspire faith, but they have taken £69-99 from my account, at this point its torture!

I just want to find and level my Dark mages and Thiefs!

Soldato
****ing raging :mad:. Forgot to update my billing address and the payment failed but being away I didnt notice until after the 20th so I've lost my copy. This is why I wish they'd just take my money when I order!

Associate
****ing raging :mad:. Forgot to update my billing address and the payment failed but being away I didnt notice until after the 20th so I've lost my copy. This is why I wish they'd just take my money when I order!

This was my biggest worry, every step of the process it felt like they wanted to cancel it and sell it to a higher bidder on there used market.

Atleast you can buy the games separately and enjoy all the content for around the same price. I've gone with Birthright first off and its fun, though i didn't realise how out of practice I was haha.

Soldato
This was my biggest worry, every step of the process it felt like they wanted to cancel it and sell it to a higher bidder on there used market.

Atleast you can buy the games separately and enjoy all the content for around the same price. I've gone with Birthright first off and its fun, though i didn't realise how out of practice I was haha.

I'm pretty sure it was my caution that caused it in the first place as I re-did me payment details before I went away to make sure my card details were correct and must have selected the wrong billing address by accident when doing so :(.

I'm just going to hopefully wait until I can get the SE for a similar price, even just the game itself without the other stuff included. I really wanted the whole thing physically which is impossible without getting the SE as Revelations is Digital only.

Associate
I've just bought a 2nd hand n3DS XL to keep my amused while I'm working away during the week (got at pearl white in as new condition for £120 -- quite pleased).

I bought Pokemon Moon and am quite enjoying it, but I was hoping to get some game recommendations as I've never paid much attention to the 3DS before. Do you guys have any?

Back
Top Bottom